SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How do I proceed? Part 2

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
itsnojoke
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As you will recall, I am the foolish one that fell victim to Abdul Shaibu (see How do I proceed with this scammer?). I've not responded to Shaibu since December 20. I received three tearful emails, then silence. A week ago I received an email asking what happened to our relationship (Abdul must be getting short of money) then silence.

Today I received an email from Western Union Ghana (compensate department) <[email protected]>, accompanied by a second from the same hotmail address with a blurred thumbnail size WU ID of a lad with an unreadable name. Later today, I received the same letter as earlier but sent from <[email protected]>.

Obviously the modus has moved on from a love scam. I think its rather cheeky of the scammers, having noted the love scam no longer works, to inform me I've been scammed and they intend to get my money back. There might be baiting mileage in this since I know the full background. But the emails are being sent straight to my work address and cc'd to my home. So neither I, nor anyone acting as me, can respond.

I am posting the email message below. If you think it should be forwarded to a different forum please do so. If you think its unwise to follow it up with a bait because that may identify me, then perhaps this whole message should be deleted as an opportunity sadly missed. What does anyone think?

Hello Mr (my correct name deleted)
We contacting you in respect of our new development we undertaking to compensate all scam victims. Your name and informations came up our systems thats why we contacting you.

Its actually a joint work with the fraud department under the Ghana Crime Investigation Unit to search and also compensate all scam victims as well as also look for informations of all the shameful citizens of this country who have endulged themselves in this shameful and bad attitude of Scam.

Am representing the compensate department of the Western Union ( Agent) and my job now is to get all necessary informations from you and also outline the procedure for you to benefit and also gain back what you have lost so i will therefore need your fullest co operation here.

First of all , you will need prove that you really the person i am contacting as the level of scam now is at a high level . You therefore need send a copy of your identity as to Copy Of Passport , Driving License or any valid id card.
Secondly , provide a summury of some wester union reciepts, (MTCN) , names and address you have sent money to and also total estimate of funds lost. We will then proceed and cross check and also verify all informations provided by you with what we originally have on Our systems.

Upon verification and confirmation , a legal document will be fax or scanned and sent to you which gives the mandate to recieve your full compensation right after making payments of the tax to the service department of the Western Union Dpt.
You therefore need sign this legal document , keep a copy and send the original back , after which you will make a 5% tax payment to the service department .

The amount stated on the legal document which is to be paid to you will at once be fowarded to you as agreed on the document. You therefore have the right to reply and ask any question , we always at your service.
Mr Derrick Lamptey
(Western Union Agent)
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lad wrote:
Hello Mr (my correct name deleted)

Unfortunately, there isn't much to be done with it given they are contacting you specifically.

You're quite correct about identifying this as a money recovery scam- lads will often recontact people they've targeted before and do this.

The best thing that you can do is just delete these emails and block the email addys from your account.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Fanny Plunge
Granny Pawn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Aye indeed unfortunately..

Also that Lad is very hard to get a hold of..He comes online for about 30 minutes a day usually around 8ish and vanishes..It's tough to bait him..It's pretty odd for a love lad as they are normally chained to their comps..Anyhoo..I'll keep up the offline messages I guess..Ciao 4 now and keep the chin up.. Very Happy

verkwyn,"You are just a bloody foolish Nigerain,It sounds like an email writen by an illitrate"
Humanity Hicham,"wooooow u are very pretty and lovely but u have dick"
Easter Egg 2012 Nigeria United States Spain United Kingdom x2 Ivory Coast Turkey Italy Netherlands Cellphonex280-WebSitesx21
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic