SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I got a verbal spanking at work today...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
hal2000
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

reprob8, I am going to be a lone dissenter here. I think that putting Go Steelers was out of line. I think you should appologize and make things right.

Now, if you had put Go Broncos, that would have been a different story!
Ted Bullpit
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For me the most awesome thing of a similar ilk was the man who worked for the Royal Australian Mint and put the word "POM" underneath her majesty's head on all the coins.

"Pom" being an affectionate or derogatory term (depending on who you ask) used in Australia to describe English people.

He lost his job for it, but any coin produced there between 1985 and around the mid 1990s (approx 1996?) has "POM" written underneath her shoulder (any Aussie or Kiwi with some coins and a magnifying glass can check - it shows up best on the Aussie 50cent piece though). Very Happy

Sadly, the more recent coins have put an updated (ie older) version of her majesty's head on, and have used the boring old "ER" underneath it... (maybe it's her favourite tv show! Wink )
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a lot of people know this, but when you boot off an "unbootable" floppy disk, the message that gets displayed is actually due to a program running from the floppy disk. It has a boot sector on it that just puts up a message saying "Remove disk and press any key". Using the "Debug" application that came with DOS, you can load in the first two sectors of the disk, find the message text and change it to something else - "Virus Installed OK" for example.

Very, very scary, even if you're the one that did it.

A colleague of mine once changed the label of the Software Director's hard drive to "Cowboy". It stayed like that for ages because he didn't know how to get rid of it. We thought that proved the point.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

breadcrumb wrote:
one of my colleagues, who is in IT for maybe 30 years or so, told me this story:
Back in the old days, he was working with Siemens Nixdorf and was doing assembler programming on their machines. One time he wrote a little piece of software that let the harddisks get accessed in the rhythm of the blue danube waltz at a certain time of the day and rolled it out on the workstations Laughing Laughing

Back in the old DOS days, we had a piece of software that did a 3 minute simulation of a spin dryer running through a fast and loud spin cycle. All the while, it flashed a message at the user saying 'CLEANING DISK - DO NOT TOUCH THE KEYBOARD'. Then it would stop and make gurgling noises, and flash the message 'Disk cleaned and drained. Now get some work done'.

Bosses never found out - PCs were new, and most users thought it was a real programme.

(The original of this was written for an IBM-XT, but it ran OK on a Compaq Deskpro!) Laughing Laughing

We also had some good early virus simulators, like Italian or others of that vintage. Always good for a laugh!

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ I still have a copy of that one!!! Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic