SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Boiler rooms

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you get calls from Americans trying to get you to invest your hard earned cash in shares that they recommend?

I assume its a phone version of the constant emails that I have to delete every day.

At first I thought it very exciting that someone was calling me from New York, now I put the phone down.

AFIK they are called boiler room scams, because they will rent a cupboard or boiler room in a building with a fancy adress to give them credibility.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a half-decent movie with the same title, found here if you're interested.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you ever see the movie Matchstick Men? They do similar scams in that. Great movie by the way.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They buy stock at a low price then try to get a run on the stock by convincing fools to buy it. Then sell it for a profit.

Or they will call multiple people and recommend a stock. Each group gets a different stock recommendation. Then when one of the stocks go up they call those people back and say "See I told you it was going up. You should have listened to me. Next this stock will go up." They can do this for a few rounds then convince the victim to send them money to invest in the next big winner. You know what happens after that.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Captain Oblivious
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard of them as "pump and dump" schemes. Pump up to an inflated price, then dump their stocks so they'll go back to earth. Same thing with "penny stocks", if they aren't just two different names in the first place.

Dear Captain Crunch, I verified the payment once again and the payment cannot be found.I took the payment slip to the western union office and i was held for 2hours because they thought i am impersonating. -James Hepp
You have been informed that you only have from now till Money, you are to send the money Via Western Union Money Transfer, that is your dead line of payment. Please take note. -James Lawrence
AND I DO NT WANT TO SEE THIS YOUR STUPID MAIL ANY MORE OR ELSE I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE F.B.I IN YOUR COUNTRY. USLESS THING -Thomas Akabike Robert, after one of his 13 trips to Moneygram
why most you ask again what do you go to western union to do, hope you are there to make a payment. -Shola Tan
DO NOT WRITE TO THIS OFFICE ANY LONGER.
We await your prompt response. -John Duke
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've used this scheme three times this week on check mules. I got the idea from SP who tells his scammers that he took the money, invested it in stock and he now has ten times the original check value in the bank, thank you very much and get stuffed.

I tell them that I waited until I got a fresh pump and dump email, instantly bought the stock on a margin call with all of their money and then sold it 5 hours later. Made tonnes of money and will do it again next week. I should be a multimillionaire in two weeks.

I send them a link to the highest flying stock for the day with a suggestion that they do it too if they have any brains.
Out of three, two have sic'ed the FBI on me and the third has been reduced to begging.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic