SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I got scammed selling an item paid with bad check

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
respawned
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all. I only found this site after i had already been scammed, here is what happened.

I advertised my saxophone in our local paper and got a reply from someone in another city. I sent him photos, he said he liked it and would pay for shipping if i send it to him. I said fine, just deposit money into my account. I got an sms from my bank (cell phone banking) showing the money had been deposited so I send the parcel for next day pickup.

Next day I get another sms from my bank saying that money has been removed from my account, now I phone my bank and they say it must have been a bad check. I kick myself for not getting a proper statement. I send him a threatening sms saying I have opened a case of fraud (which I had) and that the police are onto him (which they wern't), that may have scared him a little cause he sends an email saying he is over seas and didnt realize what had happened and he will call me when he is back, yeah right!!

I open a fake email and send this message:
Quote:
Please send us your account details, we need to deposit the outstanding amount so that we can transfer the title deeds. Thanks.

I cc in some other fake addresses to make it seem more legit. I was hoping to get some kind of traceable account from him but you wont believe my surprise when he sends me back my very own bank details! Wow!
So i send him back this email from my alias:
Quote:
I am still waiting for (made up name that was cc in original email) to reply, is he still in Port Elizabeth?
I have deposited the cash, total was R53570 (about 7500 US dollars). We will chat when I get back,
hopefully the paperwork will be ready by then.

Well it worked, he believes that that money is in my account, he sms's me stating the amount that has been deposited. To make a long story short, he wants it back, it was his wifes mistake she deposited way too much, it was only supposed to cover the amount for the sax. I say sure, send me the sax and I will give you your money back. He refuses (he has obviously sold it already). Damn! So i know I wont get my sax back but I feel much better now that he thinks he lost out big, and I have all this cash to spend! But i still feel like playing with him, this is fun!
So I send another email from my alias, this time saying that there will be another deposit. That should upset him a bit, I think I will make a much larger "deposit" this time.
If anyone has any good ideas I would love to hear them, this guy is really stupid, he even sent an email back to my alias asking for a phone number that he could contact her (my alias) on!?! So i have just sent him one of those american numbers I found on this site that puts him on hold for half an hour. He is now pretending to be one of the other people that I had cc'd into the original email using the same email addy, how dumb is that? I dont think he knows what Cc in email is actually for!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, before you get to excited about baiting this lad I'm afraid the advice is to STOP now. He has too much personal information about you. If you want to get your 'revenge' then by all means do so but learn the basic guidelines about baiting first. These are: Read the Stickies here and bait safe (details on how to do that in the Stickies). When baiting do not use any ID or email that gives your personal info and/or location either in real life or elsewhere on the internet. Lads know about Google too.

Once you have learned how to bait safe then set up a sparkly new baiting account with gmail, hushmail or fastmail and give yourself a sparkly new ID and only then go after your lad. If you are still unsure now to proceed then sign up for our excellent Mentor program and/or ask questions here. It's better to ask than run your bait into the ditch because you didn't. Good luck!

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
respawned
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher, thanks for the reply. You are right that he has too much info on me, I wish I had found this site before I tried getting revenge then I would have been better informed. So I will take your advice and leave him alone as far as baiting goes and instead try and push our local police to catch him, which is possible since he has been collecting quite a few parcels from his local postnet branch so its just a matter of arresting him next time he goes there. Like I said, he is really stupid.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry you had to go through this! I am working on one right now where, I had an Ad in Classifieds on MySpace. (Motorcycle For Sale)
Legit on my part however, only scammers replied! Laughing So, now I have a mentor and we are working to see what would be best for this lad. Twisted Evil Lots of fun so far.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic