SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

On average how many mugus do you have going?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The answer to that questions depends on so many things. Real life in the first place. It also depends on how many scam mails I receive that I want to bait. At the moment I have two very nice baits going that require a lot of attention, two others that are not that busy, three love scammers I basically bait without much attention (lots of scripts going back and forth), and two others that are in the first stages. So nine at the moment. Ask me a week later and you'll get a different reply. I don't really have a set maximum or minimum. When I feel inundated, I stop answering to new scammers until some of the running baits come to an end.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep it at 2 or 3 simply because I start to forget who I am otherwise (in baiting AND real life).
TheGoodRev
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been tring to be very organised and hav all my correspondance labeled up etc... Im also keeping the one character and may feed more in if i require it. I currently have 9 on the go - but only 3 actually developing quickly - the others seem a bit lazy... One of them has just asked for $600 and I'm just trying to get him round to the idea of joining the church first...
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Church has just got one new follower, but it was actually too easy. This Lad is giving me trophies left and right with no effort on my part. Now i'm trying to get him to build me a Church in Lagos (with the promise of $40,000) Wink
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just one at time.

Right now the one I have is having so much fun trying to get a number from that I may just have to get another while I am waiting...

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Zen Punk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The most I have had going is 45 lads at once. I'm using an autobaiter with great success.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let's see... I have one straight bait which I think is about done (his patience with me has run out). One trophy bait where I think I'm very close to him trusting me enough to do the picture. Couple of fake check ones where I'm still waiting for my checks. And then about 5 I'm trying to get to join my secret society.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have about 5 going on right now. I usually have no more than 2 or 3. I generally just take my time with the ones I have because I cannot handle doing a lot at once. I would rather make each mugu feel special; I like to give them the time that they deserve.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It varies. There's this one that I've had going for over five weeks now, and although I'd like to socre a trophy off of it, it will take some time to set up that modality. The setup has already started in that I joined a church yesterday now that I recovered from a serious illness.

The lad's been told that I joined a church, but it may be a week before I tell him he has to join it too. Right now I'm in the midst of arguing with the insurance company about a $2000 payment, and that will take me a few days. Usually when I get this involved in a bait, I only have time for that one bait.

However, in addition to this one, I have a lottery bait going as that I like hitting up the lotto lads for fake IDs. I am thinking of starting one or two more baits.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Carl_Wartooth
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty new, and I have 3 going right now, it's all I really have time for.

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the moment too many. I checked my catcher account after the Christmas break and found it full of fresh lads. I sent replies to twenty or so, expecting only half to get back to me. Nearly all replied. Some early abuse should sort out the lads from the bois. Razz

I generally only bait a couple of lads at a time, with multiple characters.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do low-level baiting on lots of mugus at once. I will have (at times) 60-100 e-mailing my account. I can handle them all at once because:

(a) I cannot be bothered to actually read their e-mails;and
(b) They all get a generic response which asks further questions, or for further explanation of their last e-mail (whatever it said!).

Sometimes I can keep a mugu going for 8-10 rounds of e-mail before it dawns on him that my e-mails are non-responsive to whatever it was he just said. . .

Bruin
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I hope your standard replies include a link to a large DLL file (renamed mypassport.jpg and stored on photobucket)?

Although I cannot bait every scam-letter that I receive, the ones that ask for a passport/ID scan initially always get what they ask for.

I have about 20 baits going at present, all straight-baits, and all (except one) following the same rinse-and-repeat plot. I use a single gmail account, and I set up filters so that emails to/from scammer#1 are given a label SCAM01, etc, etc.

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
Gaz
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I try not to do any more than 3 at a time, otherwise it gets confusing!

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
st.piran
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A big thanks to everyone that has responded! Wink I have learnt quite a bit from the replies. Cool
Big Worm
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had quite a few going awhile back (double digits)but lately RL has been quite busy so I have scaled down alot. I still have quite a few going (3-5) but mostly check scammers...they are easier than the exotic trophy baits.

But alas, it is a new year and I have some nice ideas I would like to try out in the near future Twisted Evil

Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet Pith Helmet (One Collaborative Super Safari to Egypt!)
x9 (7 by the infamous Barry Melrose <---clicky)
Tattoo x2
T.W.A.TBenin City
T.W.A.TLagos
SantaThe Lad that Stole Christmas
Netherlands x3 Mortar x8
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2 - 3

Anything more and I will lose track of my lads. Laughing

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Rollo_Tomasi
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have one straight bait that has been going on for one year.
Two romance scammers for pictures, (vlads)
and a couple of hundred of mass insult addys to get some siggy material from.
Oh, and the NUBA website. But that is new, and no nibbles yet.

www.freewebs.com/nuba2007

Rollo

but know they are insultive

I really want to know why you have picked on email and keep writing me with all these abusive and embarrassing words

THANKS FOR PLAYING ME AS A GMAIL MAN
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gaz_c_85 wrote:
I try not to do any more than 3 at a time, otherwise it gets confusing!

Which is exactly why I have as many as I can going, because I get confused and get them mixed up. Great way to get them off script, and really, really upset when they realize you're mixing them up with Chucky.

I also have about three check scammers going right now, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get them to have a convention.

pony <---- hee hee
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It`s not fair to the lads is it ? We all work differently Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, its not fair to the lads. I do believe that's the point. I have 8 favorites but have 40 being strung along. The lads being pulled along are also working me to gain my trust. Its hard being a pen pal to an idiot but I try.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic