SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Microphone deaded

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dresden
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I upgraded to Windows XP (Yeah I know - Windows 2000 was ages ago, but it was so damn stable), and my mic stopped working. The soundcard is an AC97 Realtek. Realtek has major issues. So I wanted to download the latest drivers, and then, windows says I cant instal the software because it has not passed windows logo testing. Is there any way to bypass this? Man Microsoft just got around one anti-trust suit, are they trying for another?

And yes I did try google, but did not find anything particularly helpful.

As I use the mic to talk on skype, its kind of put a dent in things for the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

[Note - I think I figured this one out - you go to Properties on My Computer, Hardware, and turn off driver signing - yes Im a computer noob, im only a barrister after all......]

Kind regards

Dresden

20:54:52 (non friend) ruth4mens: no dey spoil my runs
20:54:31 (non friend) ruth4mens: thunder strike uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
'The defendant says, that it was a negligent thing for the plaintiff to get up on the trampoline wearing roller skates. There is no doubt, that as a general proposition, that is correct,'
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The warning shouldn't stop the install. I have only seen it tell you the driver isn't "approved" but you should be able to click "install anyway". I have never seen it refuse to install. Be sure you are an admin when running the install.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Dresden
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, worked out how to turn the warning off - and looked around on google for problems on the AC97. Apparently, insoluble. So disabled onboard sound in the BIOS, and put a Soundblaster card in - and everything has been cool since....

20:54:52 (non friend) ruth4mens: no dey spoil my runs
20:54:31 (non friend) ruth4mens: thunder strike uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
'The defendant says, that it was a negligent thing for the plaintiff to get up on the trampoline wearing roller skates. There is no doubt, that as a general proposition, that is correct,'
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic