SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Russian female scammers (suspected)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ironaxe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone else had these from Russia?

After a few cans one night a few weeks ago, I posted an ad on one of the dating sections on Gumtree, then forgot about the whole brief thing the day after.

A week later I got a redirected (via the site)email in broken English from a young Russian woman(fairly pretty I guess- if it's her, not a model), who sounded nice enough. I was bemused but replied anyway(the little man in 'white' above me was saying 'no', but the one in red was saying 'why not?'), using an email address I don't usually use for anything important.

I kept on corresponding vaguely -nothing too personal- until I questioned her motives(why emailing from so far away; what do they want to happen; why bypass some of my other questions, who was taking the photo's of her etc), not giving anything of my background away. She stopped being in touch after I did. The same has since happened with four more Russian girls, me again replying the same guarded and suspicious way.

I began to think that these girls sounded similar in certain ways, (ie. the type of boyfriends they'd had; they used internet cafe's and not PC's at home). I don't think they were the same woman, but each were like they weren't really absorbing certain unimportant things I'd said or asked(ie. hobbies, pets, landmarks in my country etc).

I wondered if the girls were being coerced and organised by some Russian blokes making women do this? Or is it the women scammers sending in anon photo's of other women from the net?

And are they working in groups to 'net' the same man with different 'girls'?

What are your views/ explanations?
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like a typical love scam - we have a forum for those Smile
Read the threads here and be enlightened!

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Marvin
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

and I hope it doesn't come as a surprise to you that you're probably talking to a lad (i.e. of the male persuasion).

I'm just a stupid troll.
ironaxe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I'm honest- at first no. But even despite that naiivety, my gut reaction- which I followed- was suspicion. I didn't bait them, just ask searching questions.

Things are different in Britain and even if some conman tw*t showed up, it wouldn't be like abroad- either by me/friends, or from this UK police force/etc which is wound tight by terrorism.
Paulius
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nah, it's not men coercing women into doing it. It's a guy replying to crap loads of personal ads.

Eventually, the profess undying love for you, and start screwing gifts and money for 'air-fare' and 'visa fees' out of you.

Then you wait at the airport, and there's a hitch. They didn't let her through customs and now the love of your life desperately needs more money.

It's basically 419ing, but with a Russian hottie as the bait instead of piles of cash.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic