SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Classic bait "Harry Potter and the Well of Scammers&quo

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ZapDoc
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A long time ago when I first read about Advance Fee scam emails, I read virtually every scam on the Letter section. One of my favorites was "Harry Potter and the Well of Scammers" by baiter ShiverMeTimbers. He convinced the lads to write, in hand, EVERY page of the book "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone," or another Potter novel in the series.

However, trying to access the thread, I get a "Not Found" page. Is there any way I can enjoy the thread again, and better yet look at the images? I understand that hosting the images entail massive bandwidth, but the story is nice. Thanks.
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I kinda sorta remember reading that bait but have yet to relocate it on here. In general, baits that require lads to hand write various books use the "writing sample" modality. An oddly well funded academic study is willing to pay lads $100 bucks per page etc. and they are told that they can stop and request payment as long as they did 100 pages of effort. If the book assigned to them is 800 pages they can do the first 100 and ask for funding and quit or get more by completing the additional pages. So the minimum required to get $ is to do 100 pages and then cash out. Cash is fronted only once so if they want more they have to work for it and complete more of the book. Many of those types of baits here are hilarious but my personal favorite is about Mr. Humphere. I think he was asked to hand write crap in the beginning but was eventually allowed to video record himself reading children's books (Everybody Poops and Heather Has Two Mommies did happen).

Eventually, he was tricked into reading the entire "Fifty Shades of Grey" book which was pretty graphic in many places. His universe morphed further into nonsense when he had to submit video testimony intended to help put a psycho clepto murderous orphan named "Feathers" behind bars. Somewhere during all of that he was tricked into travelling to Cameroon from Nigeria (I think). Needless to say...he had buckets of fun.

That loser's bait is below. I will say that as more time passes the likelihood of video/audio files being available to readers diminishes. Once upon a time there was an Eater Upload tool that no longer exists. An old site called something like media.putfile.com was popular back in the day but no longer exists now. SoundCloud and other sites that have passed the test of time aren't always reliable either because the baiter may have closed their account or the system removed all their content due to inactivity. Nonetheless, getting lads to hand write or film themselves reading smutty romance novels only to get chopped or totally ignored later on makes for wonderful reading!

https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=284110&highlight=humphere
Advaita
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this the one you are after? Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone:

https://www.419eater.com/html/cyril_ifey.htm

ETA: I eventually found that link by searching Google and finding a site with a working link; but I've just now found it on the updated Eater site Smile

Last edited by Advaita on Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ LOL. I love the Cyberdyne Systems reference in that one. God damn lads even triggered Judgement Day apparently Laughing
Starbuck5
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha - a very funny read Laughing

Sand Timer - Steven Mnuchin

IF YOU EVER WRITE ME AGAIN I WILL CALL THE CORPS ON YOU, STAY AWAY FROM MY EMAILS - Mr. Paul Adams

You are some kind of schizophrenic i guess? - Richard Summers

REALLY BRO
AM NOT SLEEP YESTERDAY
TILL NOW AM VEX

i told my mummy she not happy
------- Sammie

WE ARE WITH INTERPOL AND FBI /CIA BOTH SCOTLAND YARD POLICE THERE IN UK, WE FIND OUT IN OUR DATABASE THAT YOU ARE TAKING PEOPLE BANK ACCOUNT FOR FUNS OR A JOKE. WHAT DID YOU USED THOSE ACCOUNT YOU COLLECTED FROM ASIA USA AND AFRICA TO DO,??? WE NEED YOUR GOOD ANSWER BEFORE TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU. - Some lad of mine on an alt acc. Investigations are on-going
ZapDoc
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Advaita wrote:
Is this the one you are after? Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone:

https://www.419eater.com/html/cyril_ifey.htm

ETA: I eventually found that link by searching Google and finding a site with a working link; but I've just now found it on the updated Eater site Smile

Thank you for that link! I loved that story, and how it wasted time of the scammer.

Incidentally, my overall favorite ShiverMeTimbers was "(Max & Paddie's) The Road to Nowhere." Shiv had so many different parlays and methods, and even tied in a fictitious US partner but also revealed a Nigerian bagman, an actual white Englishman. His editing of his call with the bagman (Jones) to create an entirely different conversation was the most genius effort I have come across, and will always remain my all-time favorite. All the other authentic touches: b/w security footage, properly timestamped CCTV images; creating a newspaper clipping using the masthead, ads, and format of a local newspaper: Absolute Genius!

OK, that's all. He will always be the king of baiting.
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shiver pioneered many of the techniques we'd do our best to try and imitate today, that is certainly true. Occasionally he shows up here to say hello.

"ALL THE SAME NOT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH"-Mr. Humphere
"Bro i have seen hell"-Mr. Humphere
"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
ZapDoc
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Back then I was really into the game of scamming, but I was thinking that Shiv MAY have missed a golden opportunity to get a hard arrest of scammer Peter Jones being caught in the act. I was thinking that had he gotten his Scottish friend to tell the Glasgow police that there was a scammer coming to receive a payment involving a 419 scheme IN PERSON, that would have been a ROCK SOLID collar, and perhaps an ability to get more scammers names that would allow the Nigerian police to make arrests of their own. And since the value of the scam was well over grand theft limit, it would be a serious felony (or British equivalent).

Since arrests are fraught with the danger of a violent response, perhaps with a knife or gun, the actual exchange would have been conducted by cops experienced in this situation. In addition, they also may have access to funds used specifically for establishing the actual money transfer, enabling the statute that triggers the arrest threshold.

Only thought of it a decade later. And I wonder how many scams he pulled since then anyway?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic