SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

[Question] What are the origins of Scambaiting & this fo

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ScammerFisher
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone!

My name is ScammerFisher and I am new to Scambaiting. I started scambaiting since I thought it was hilarious and en effective way to deter scammers. However, I have a couple of questions. When did scambaiting start? Who/what group of people started the activity? And, what is the history of this forum?

I just want to understand the community. I apologize if this question sounds too trivial.

Have a great rest of your evening/afternoon/morning.
MrMystery314
Djinn and Tonic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can’t speak as to all your questions in perhaps the most satisfying way, but I’ve been around here long enough and read enough to take a stab at some of those questions (I’m guessing they are answered in the FAQs or Eater University if you were to look, but as I personally can’t remember and there is always more to be said, I’m not holding that against you or myself):
1. I imagine scambaiting has been around as long as there have been scammers. If you mean “how long has it been codified like it is here?”, that’s really a hard question to answer. I’m quite willing to bet that people have informally been grouping together to do this for a while. This forum was started in 2003, but I’m guessing even on the Internet things existed before.
2. In the context of Eater, a user named Shiver Metimbers, who pops in occasionally to say hi at the most surprising times. Otherwise, who really knows?
3. That’s a very broad question, and the answer depends on what you’re particularly interested in. Forum gossip, who has been moderator or admin when, who’s been banned, what inside jokes there are (Steward)? Baiting history (go through Eater’s Greatest Hits and read up)? Something else?

"ALL THE SAME NOT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH"-Mr. Humphere
"Bro i have seen hell"-Mr. Humphere
"Also i know how inquisitive all this press can be, i hope the picture of the goat fucking me is not on news or news paper"-Mr. Humphere
"GO TO HELL JUSTIN for having played with me all these while, what the fuck is wrong with you you are such as an asshole"-Charles J Colocino JR
"I will tell you I'm a computer illiterate I know more than you" - Eric Marshall
Hello! ~Kitty Wink
Kitty La Gore
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, ScammerFisher!

Your questions are awesome! I'm not sure I can add much more to what MrMystery314 said (reading those threads is fantastic advice) but I want to thank you for even asking the questions! We really love it when new people want to learn what we're up to and why we do what we do. Thank you for having that wonderful inquisitiveness!

We really hope you'll join in on the fun!
Kitty

Why get a mentor? <--- Best way to advance your skills and meet awesome people!!

I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Padme

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There have likely been jokers/scambaiters/people wasting scammers time since there were scammers sending letters claiming to be imprisoned Spanish princesses in the 19th century. As for this forum, you can read great old school baits from our earliest members in the Letters Archive to get a feel for baiting before the age of facebook, video chat and Instagram.

Some of us who joined early (I came in about a year or so after the forum started) came over from another site that wasn't a forum but used to just post back and forths with scammers that people would submit (much like the letters archive that I linked to above).

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic