SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cheeky IM conversation with "online HR manager"

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ana Lias
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was literally just speaking with another scammer while I was ignoring this guy. Thought I would be a bit cheeky about it and he didn’t even seem to notice. This scam was for a fake “job offer”, where they would send me an advance and then have me spend it on their “vendor” for my supplies.

Mr.Deven
Note the company does not need any personal information ...Kindly finish all question in second sections ..Thank you
5:17 PM
Are you there ?
6:01 PM

Ana
Ah, sorry. I was just speaking to the other employer I mentioned earlier. Turns out they were actually trying to scam me! Can you believe it? The nerve of some people! I guess that means I'm available to work for you after all
6:02 PM

Mr.Deven
Can i know how the employer tried to scam you ?
6:03 PM

Ana
Ah, it's not important. So, what was the question I missed earlier?
6:04 PM

He asks some questions about what bank I use and how often I want to be paid.

Mr.Deven
Alright....well well you have done well so far and you seem like a perfect fit for this position.....Are you ready to know the final result of the Interview and also based on your Resume Review's ?
6:07 PM

Ana
Sure. You know, it's crazy. You and this scammer I mentioned earlier use the same style of interview and questions. I guess they must have stolen the interview format from a legitimate company such as yours.
6:09 PM

Like I said… cheeky.

Mr.Deven
This is why i asked earlier on how they tried to scam you ..Many Online Staff like my my self,have complained of same incident you stated earlier
6:11 PM

This guy, though!

Ana
I see, that makes sense.
6:12 PM

He gives me a long spiel about all the great benefits and then:

Mr.Deven
NOTE::You will need some materials/software and also a time tracker to commence your training and orientation and also you need the software to get started with work...the work of the time tracker is to calculate your hours worked since this is an online work from home.
6:15 PM
The company will be providing you with the funds via check which you will be using in purchasing working materials, software and Automated Time Tracker and in which you will be working with ...Ok
6:16 PM

Ana
I thought I was just doing data entry, I already own a computer, what kinds of materials do I need?
6:17 PM

Mr.Deven
Here are the names of the software's you will need to start working with BS 1 Accounting software , www.myob.com/au/accounting-software/essentials, Peach Tree premium 2019 , Norton Ghost 9.0, peachtree premium accounting and a Time Tracker....
Are you familiar with any of the software's ?
6:17 PM
You will get started with work ASAP,The company will provide you a free Macbook Pro laptop with a fast internet connection and all software will be installed in the PC and then mailed out to you...
6:18 PM

Ana
I already own the Peach Tree premium 2019, that's perfect!
6:19 PM
Ah, I'm actually not a fan of Macbooks, I've only used Windows
6:20 PM

Mr.Deven
Alright ..That is good ..I see you know your job ,so the training will be easier....Watch out for a promotion if the company is impressed with your skills
6:21 PM
You will only use the laptop for work ..
6:22 PM

Ana
Okay, I guess that works

Mr.Deven
The Accounting Department has given the best option so far , So you can make order for your full working equipment from the vendor in charge of your working equipment , so you can resume working fully and start earning your weekly pay ..Understood ?

Ana
Sounds good. What vendor do you guys use?
6:23 PM

Mr.Deven
The vendor is also an employee like you but currently in a dispatcher dept ..You will get in contact with him as soon as you have the funds ready for use ..I believe you stated --------- to be your location ..I am currently filling up your fills and documents which will be coming together with your working tools ..
6:26 PM

Ana
Where are you from, by the way? Barnett sounds like an English name, but I can see that English isn't your native language.
6:29 PM

Mr.Deven
Father is american ...Stayed in India for a while with my Mother but am currently based in Texas now
6:32 PM

Ana
Ah, I see.
6:32 PM

Mr.Deven
We are going to work on giving you your start up check first and foremost so you can use to acquire your needed working materials to enable you resume work and start earning your pay .. Okay?
6:33 PM

Ana
ok
6:33 PM

Mr.Deven
I was just informed right now that the accountant will be sending the check to you via Email. That's done by sending you very clear images of the start up check both Front and Back, then once you get it in your email all you're needed to do is to have it printed out and mobile deposited. Do you understand?
6:34 PM

Ana
Does that work? Are you sure the bank will accept a picture of a cheque printed on regular paper?
6:35 PM

Mr.Deven
Yes of cause .Are you familiar with Mobile depositing of checks ? making use of the online banking app. ?
6:38 PM

“Of cause” I am very reassured.

Ana
I usually do all my back
sorry, all my banking in person
I can take the cheque to my bank tomorrow and deposit it
6:39 PM

Mr.Deven
You mentioned you are located in ------- correct ?
6:40 PM

Ana
yes, that's right
6:40 PM

Mr.Deven
The check would take a while to get to you and this can cause delay on starting work soon..This is why the company has this process done
6:42 PM
This means can be done now and you can get your materials by tomorrow .
6:43 PM

Ana
Okay
6:43 PM

Mr.Deven
Do you have access to a printer right ? so the process can be carried out immediately ?
6:45 PM

Ana
Yes, I have a printer
6:45 PM

Mr.Deven
Okay Good... The check will be emailed now, I need you now to provide me with your Full Names and also your preferred email address so the check can be sent to your email address for print out.
6:46 PM

Ana
Ana Lias
[email protected]
6:47 PM

Mr.Deven
Alright ..Hold Online while i have your info sent to the accounting dept .
6:49 PM
Hello
6:55 PM

Ana
Hello
6:56 PM

Mr.Deven
The check is your email now
6:57 PM
Have it printed out and trim to check size before having it deposited ..Do not forget to endorse the check ..Okay ?
6:58 PM

Ana
Great! I'll print it off and bring it to my bank tomorrow, then I can buy the supplies that I need
6:58 PM

Smile

Mr.Deven
You must have not understood
6:59 PM

Ana
What do you mean?
6:59 PM

Mr.Deven
This check is meant for electronic deposit (Mobile deposit ) I need you to follow my instructions so we can move with delay and errors ..
7:00 PM

“Move with delay and errors” Well, he’s right about that!

Have it deposited and funds will be made available for use
I am your HR and i am here to to guard you

Ana
I don't usually use mobile deposit; it should also work to bring it to the bank to cash it, right?
7:01 PM

Mr.Deven
No it wont work that way

Ana
Oh
why not?

Mr.Deven
The check has to be mailed to you ,then you can take it to your bank
Do you have your banking app on your mobile app ?
7:02 PM
Smartphone**
7:02 PM

Ana
Well, I guess I can take it to the bank and they can help me figure out how to use my banking app
that should work, right?
7:04 PM

I think his panic is palpable at this point…

Mr.Deven
If you must go to your bank ,You will need to have an actual check and not electronic sample ...
I can guard you through the deposit

Ana
ok
7:05 PM

Mr.Deven
You just need to have the check printed and cut/ trim to check size ..Then have a clear caption on the check using your banking app while depositing ..
7:05 PM
capture**
7:06 PM
Let me know once you have the check front and back printed out ..i will be on hold while you do that ..Okay ?
7:07 PM

Ana
ok
7:07 PM

Mr.Deven
Cut to check size after printing ..I will also need a snap shot on the check after having it cut to check size ..We will be doing this together ..I need to correct if there is any mistake..Okay ?
7:10 PM
Okay ?
7:13 PM

Ana
okay, almost got it. I haven't used my printer for a while so I think it's low on ink. It keeps saying I need to refill the coloured ink haha
7:17 PM

Honestly the most believable lie right here…

Mr.Deven
You have it printed black and while or you can locate a library to make use of their printer ..
7:18 PM

Ana
Okay.
Now it's saying PC Load Letter. What does that even mean?
7:19 PM

I couldn’t help myself

Mr.Deven
Have you sent copies of the check to your printer ?
7:20 PM
Attach copies and print
7:21 PM

Ana
Okay, I think I've found the black and white option.
7:22 PM

Mr.Deven
Good
7:22 PM
Done printing ?
7:29 PM

Ana
Okay, I've got it printed out
7:29 PM

Mr.Deven
Alright ..You need to have a clear and close shot on the printed check copies while depositing ..this is why you should have the copies cut and trim to check size ..Endorse the check also,This should be on the back copy of the check ..Okay ?
7:32 PM

Ana
Okay.
You know, this seems crazy. You just met me and you're giving me this much money. It feels almost too good to be true, y'know?
7:34 PM

Mr.Deven
You need the job and not me ..The company has their way of recovering funds if its not used for the right purpose ..I am only doing my job by guarding you and soon you will be good to go ..
7:36 PM
And yes it too good to be truth ..I felt same way when i was offered the position for Data Entry
7:38 PM

“Too good to be truth” You said it, buddy!

Here i am now ,instruction you on how to get started .
7:39 PM
Once done (Deposited), You are to have the Confirmation of Deposit/Deposit Receipt (Screen Shot) emailed back to me for further review and documentation with the accounting dept (Office use). Okay ?
7:40 PM

Ana
Yeah, I really do need the job. It's been a rough couple of months. My car broke down so I was borrowing my parents car and then the brakes went on it and that cost $600 and then three days later some guy runs a red light and totals my car! Can you believe it?! But the bad luck doesn't stop there, oh no! So I buy this new car, but I don't really have any money because my last car was a breakdown and the car that got totaled belonged to my parents (well, really my brother, but he never used it because he's going to school) so the money belongs to them. So, I had to take out a $4,000 loan to buy a new car and just when I think I got a good one the engine on it goes! It's ridiculous! So I had to spend 2 grand to replace the engine! Now I'm paying for the car, the engine, the gas, and the insurance just to be able to drive a car. It's absurd! I did the math and I am so strapped for cash haha. I literally have $2.60 in the bank right now! I have the bank receipt to prove it! Anyway, yeah I really need this job so this is great
7:42 PM

I was wondering if he would notice I claimed to have basically nothing in my bank. If he did, he kept rolling.

Mr.Deven
i understand you have so many bills to pay ,but am sure with this job you can cover the payment soonest ..This job has made it all easy for me since i moved to the state from India..I am happy you have this job Ana ..Hope you do not mind me calling you Ana ?
7:47 PM

Ana
sure that's fine
7:47 PM

Mr.Deven
Let me know once you are done with the deposit Ana ..
7:48 PM

Ana
Okay, I've cut them out and I think the glue is finally dry. I'm just going to pop out for a bit to drop this off at the bank's ATM. I'll be back in a bit as long as traffic isn't too bad
7:50 PM

Smile

Mr.Deven
Whats wrong with your mobile banking app (Whats the name of your bank ) ?
7:52 PM
Let me know when you get back ..Do not forget to get the Deposit Receipt so i can have it documented ..Okay ?
7:56 PM
Ana are you getting my message ?
8:04 PM

At this point I sent him a “bank deposit slip” I made in MS Paint from the “Really Real Bank” which basically said I was on to him from the beginning. Then he blocked me.

Ana
DEPOSIT SLIP
• 11.35KB
• PNG
8:08 PM
Have a good one!
8:08 PMDelivered
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just make sure you are using a fake email and IM account not tied to you in real life in any way. These bastards have no mercy. Welcome to Eater! Read the rules and stickies, sign up for a mentor if you like, bait safe, and have fun Laughing
Bertje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, and welcome to Eater!

We are very happy to have you join this community.

This was a very enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing it.

Here at Eater, we advise not to 'burn the lad'(tell him he was baited). It's better to keep them guessing.

If you would like to get some one-on-one assistance from an experienced member, please check out our Mentor program (see my signature for more info). It's a great way to get to know Eater and what we do here.

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic