SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Question

View next topic
View previous topic

Dina
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am elderly and have read here for many years but have not always understood all of the terminology used. I have never had a credit card...only a debit card...and recently my personal information was apparently compromised and used to obtain at least one credit card to make an internet purchase. I’m sure you guys understand this stuff far better than me.

My question is...is this what you meant by the term “black pork”? I had cluelessly always assumed that it referred to cards similar to my debit card. That they belonged to real people whose banking information had been compromised. But what you actually meant were credit cards fraudulently taken out in names of victims?

I am also really curious if you guys can immediately tell the difference and if so, how? But if it is unsafe to explain that here, I understand.

Thank you so much....Dee
Linoline
Dume Dutch Bag

Location: Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry to hear that you have been duped by scammers.

Baiters are trying to get the information of mules that is being used by scammers. This can be either credit cards or bank accounts or information needed for moneygram / western union / ... transfers.

Scammers usually invest a lot of time to convincing victims (mules) to have them use their bank account or credit card for their schemes. The mules usually don't know why exactly their accounts are being used, just that they receive money, from wich they can keep a share and send the rest to the lad. What often happens is that a scammer, pretending to be a soldier somewhere far away, plays a romance scam on his victim, convincing him / her of love, then tells them they need to receive money, but can't where they are now, so please help out by receiving it for me and sending 90% of it to me via western union.

These accounts are then used by AFF scammers to receive money from other victims. Little does the mule know that this is actually behind it.

Baiters try to collect accounts, here we refer to it as pork, or pigs. If we get credit card information from a scammer, we refer to it as black pork. All info is reported to the banks and they can do their investigation to see if there is any suspicious activity.

To answer your question: we can not see the difference between real credit card information and a credit card that is obtained by identity theft, we report them and let the bank do their job.

In your case I suggest that you go to the local police and to your bank with what happened.

My Collection of lad frustration

"I never taught you to be evil. But carry on" - Oscarpiles
"You are diabolically evil...." - Sparky905
"It really sucks to be a scamming lad around Linoline." Conny L. Gus
"You put money in the parcel now am suffering you are not helping" Sven
"You put me through this with all the bastard you called your client" Daniboy
"IF YOUR FUCKING MOTHER ISN'T FUCKING DEAD BY NOW SHE'S A MIRACLE OF SCIENCE OR FRANKENSTEINS FUCKING BABY" - Mary to Elmo
Purple
Stunt Goat

Location: Yeah - like you're going to believe anything I say ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

“Black Pork” is typically the scammers using a stolen credit card, but it can also include debit card detail, or in your case, identity theft

On top of that, there is always the possibility that a mule bank account will use a legitimate card to make a purchase, and then dispute it with the card company, but these are rarer

So – anything fraud involving plastic, we refer to as “Black Pork”

“Pink Pork”, is the misuse of bank accounts, typically by “mules”

We have no reliable way of telling if any of the above is involved in fraud or money laundering, but if we know for sure it’s a scam, we report them all to the relevant authorities, who can investigate further

In the case of “Pink Pork”, it’s usually “you have won 15.8 million dollars, but first you have to send 2500 to the following account” – pretty easy to tell

With “Black Pork”, the normal approach is “we wish to buy your product, please send details and prices” – I have one on the hook at the moment, no mention of what products, price range, or website – just “we wish to buy”. So I’ve replied “how will you pay”. If it’s a credit card, and the product I’m offering is “Unicorn droppings”, then I’ll have my answer, and report the card, but not before securing the delivery address

In your case – report the identity theft first to your bank, and then to the card company – you have my sympathy, it happened to me once ……

"dont u know ur wife is in my bed mate u thief"
"Now I confirm you are a stupid bloody foolish man"

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic