SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Catfishing & how to retaliate to an online romance scamm

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CaliGirl4828
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Meet Davies, poor deployed marine when we connected on Coffee&Bagels, who is now badly in need for money to pay his meds bill after an unfortunate car accident (also accepts Amazon & Steam gift cards! while he has quite a few Bank of America Accounts he forgets communicating which ones) Wink

Already famous here:in a male scammer site (happy to share the link if thats allwowed)

Long story short, after swallowing my pride & to keep the spirit of retaliation on, I am stringing him along without having sent any money and even subscribed a couple of his emails to Mailbait (which takes more time and energy than I wish for, knowing how effed up and hurtful this is in the first place!). I also think this is a bit of a weak response and was hoping for something more radical (or creative!) from our community. I am going to report him to https://complaint.ic3.gov but in any case, what do you guys think?
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater.

He clearly has your real life details, so the best thing you can do is stop all contact with him. He is a criminal and likely has sufficient information on you to cause you, your friends, family, employers real problems. All you have on him is the fake details he has given to you.

The best thing you can do is visit our sister site scamwarners.com and post his details there, so that other victims can find them.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
CaliGirl4828
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i did add a thread on scamwarner Smile thx for the suggestion.
How do i suggest i exit the situation? without educating him and with minimizing his anger if i ghost him and possible harrassment- and part of me still wants to waste his time while stringing him along until he gets tired (though am not committed on a full baiting since it would require new emails and he has my phone #)?
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Drop the lad. Ghost him. Block his number, email address and any other contact mode you have of him. Don't worry about closure or his being offended. He will not take it personally as its a heartless, scheming business to him.

Please do not bait this scammer as he has your contact info. Its not safe baiting.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
yonny1010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Connie, I'm new here.

How do you know the scammer has baiter's real life details? How are you able to tell?

Educate me, I want to learn.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi yonny1010, welcome to Eater.

I don't know but most people post up a photo of themselves, the high school or college that they attended, hobbies or other interests. Some people use the same if not similar nick name across the web and then post friends and family contacts.

An individual that does not know or care about IP geolocation could send an email and give up their exact location. The scammer has the OP's mobile phone number. That is enough info to get SWAT'ed. Innocent victims have been killed over that.

A person baiting the same scammer may unwittingly use the same turn of phrase or syntax that points back to her. Its best to just post the details at Scamwarners as the OP has and let others do the baiting.

Our first rule here is to bait safely. Our second is to have fun.

Please enjoy your safe baiting.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
CaliGirl4828
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have learned so much on here with my first Catfish, that i was able to dodge 2 more those past 6months, and reported mines on scamwarners. Thanks to this awessome community for all you do!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic