SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cc Scammer Busted?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This was on one of those "twenty words" articles on facebook so I can't vouch for the validity of it. But I hope it is true!

Quote:
This story starts off with a slightly less humorous fact. A few days ago, I was on the unfortunate end of credit card fraud. The fraudsters decided to take my CC info and purchase $1000 worth of car parts from Philly and have it sent across the border to the city I currently live in, Vancouver, Canada. Normally, this is where the story ends. Sometimes they get away with it, sometimes they don't, but either way, my card is replaced and I continue on living my life. This, however, is where the fun starts happening. I got a call this morning about a DHL shipment entering the country that required customs to be paid. Knowing I haven't shipped anything with DHL in forever, I quickly come to the realization that it must be the fraudsters shipping their goods here. “It can't be!” I thought. Who in their right mind would use a stolen credit card to order something to their own house? After a brief chat with DHL about the customs fees I would not be paying, I manage to obtain the address the package was being sent to. I hummed and hawed about it but eventually decided the best thing to do was call the local police department and let them know what was up. I told the officer all about the situation, and that unfortunately, I did not know what car the parts were for and that I hope this info helps them somehow in the future. He tells me that the chances are slim but he will swing by the house (it's literally 15 minutes from my own) just to see if anything weird is going on and follow up with me if he needs to. I thank him and go on with my work day. About an hour later I get a call from the same officer, obviously excited: “Hi Paul, it's Officer X. You will never guess what just happened. I was following up on the report and drove by the house. I decided to go knock on the door just to see if anyone was home and ask them a couple of questions. A man opened the door and as we were talking, DHL drove up to deliver the package. Yes, that's right, the exact package we had been discussing. The delivery driver walks up to the door and says, ‘Hi, is Paul there?’ to which the man replies, ‘Oh yeah, he's just downstairs.’ You can imagine my surprise! ‘That's pretty funny because I just got off the phone with him and I know for a fact he doesn't live here,’ I said. The guy, no joke, looks me dead in the face and goes, ‘Oh whatever, the package is paid for.’ I chuckled and turned to the DHL driver to tell him he should leave because I need to make an arrest. I'm calling you while I drive back to the precinct, thought it might brighten your day!”

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic