SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nationwide Online Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
absinthe_fairy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

I've joined because I've been the victim of an online scam from fraudsters posing as Nationwide.

On Friday night I noticed duplicate PayPal payments had been taken from my account and made it overdrawn so I called customer service. I was told as my card was not lost or stolen there was nothing they could do. In my desperation as I had rent and direct debits coming out today I thought I would contact them via online chat.

I thought I was going through security questions as the fraudster was incredibly convincing and showed me a screenshot of the duplicate payments and that I would be given £40 compensation for the inconvenience.

When I checked my banking app a new account had appeared hand I phoned the fraud line. They told me that a new account had been opened with my address but different email and mobile number (which Nationwide have given me).

Long story short, when they continued to message me asking for more details I informed them that I knew the page was fraudulent. They became threatening saying they had my address. I was told to call their bluff and sure enough they had my genuine address and my former one. They said they were going to 'pop round'. I live by myself and this threat terrified me so I phoned the police.

The police have told me that if they are in the UK they can take things further. I have used to details to discover that the mobile is on 3 Network and they they are in the UK. They are calling me tomorrow to get the details of the threats as I have screenshots.

Does anyone have any advice on how to trace this fraudster further using the details Nationwide has given me?
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not something that we deal with.

Your best option is to pass the details you have to the police rather than trying to pay detective yourself.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater absinthe_fairy.

B8er has given you some great advice and since you are already in contact with the police I am going to lock this on the way out.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic