SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A different Kind of Tech Support Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ElmerGlew
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The last couple days I keep getting a call from a (202-Washington) number and I decided to call it back with a "burner" app on my phone. (by the way, do any of you use such apps and if so do you have any you'd recommend?) Long story short, his (African/Nigerian?) accent was pretty thick, but essentially, he wanted me to give him my website address and I made one up on the fly, protec1337.com. He goes there and sees that "the site is not coming up" and then says this may be due to hackers or malware. I keep playing along as the dumb guy who had someone else do my website and that I just pay the bill, but he requested that I provide him my CPanel login info so that he could go in there and "look at the code". It wouldn't be until then that he could give me a quote on how much it would cost to fix it. I should add that I gave him one of my scambaiting emails, to which he sent a blank email to, I am sure to make sure I gave him a valid address, so we do have that form of communication as well.

I have not heard of this before and now I am wondering if there's a way to whip up a fake site for him to "check for hackers and malware". I do have a server with a hosting company with my business site on it, but that's not an option, since he would be able to see the other domains I have on the same account. Any ideas on how to handle this one?
Padme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As has been stated here before, we do not deal with IRS / Tech Support scammers here.

As bware419ers posted...

bware419ers wrote:
There are several reasons why you won't find those here.

Locking.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic