SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why 419 Scams Continue to Dupe Us

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
shili12
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Summary: Researchers report 419 scams are still successful as they play on our human vulnerability and optimism.

Source: The Conversation.

With cryptocurrency fraud and IRS scams making headlines, I had thought Nigerian email schemes were a thing of the past, akin to the bygone days when a scammer might offer to sell you brooklyn bridge.

So I was surprised to recently come across an article about a 62-year-old Swedish divorcee named Maria Grette. She had set up a dating profile and soon received a message from a 58-year-old Danish man named Johnny who was working as an engineer in the United States.

They wrote back and forth, starting chatting on the phone, and a relationship blossomed. Her new love interest had a son who was studying at a university in England, and the man said that he was looking to retire to Sweden. They made arrangements for a trip to meet in person there. However, before heading to Europe, Johnny needed to take a side trip to Nigeria for a job interview.

That’s when things took a turn.

Maria received a desperate call from Johnny. He and his son had been mugged, the son had been shot in the head, and they were in a Lagos hospital without any money or identification.

They desperately needed funds transferred into his British bank account to pay for medical expenses and a lawyer, and Maria eagerly obliged.

https://neurosciencenews.com/419-scam-psychology-9657/

Dear Big Joker Gregory Fool,
I know that you are afried to reply my E-mail back, simple because you really know that you are a BIG FOOLISH joker called your self a doctor of fool of nothing idiot.Just because of Mrs nona that's why i bring out my time to communicate with fool like you.Big Joker.

I have told the bank to stop all the bank process with your account, I am no longer comfortable with you therefore stay away and do not bother to reply back,

Closed lad accounts x20
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic