SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam victims on tv

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just watched a program here in Canada called "W5", episode entitled "The Invisible Man". It is about scams and the vast networks behind the scenes. It is available online if anyone wishes to view it.

What was especially disturbing was the rather "local" aspect of this. The scammers may be based in Benin or Nigeria but their networks are well established to areas within an hour of me here at home. I knew this but a graphic reminder never hurts once a while.

Focusing primarily on romance scams, it showed how those scams finance other activities such as human trafficking and more involved organised crime. When those scammers write to us and ask us for our i.d., you see exactly some of the purposes with which it is used. Again, nothing new here, but sometimes it needs to be in your face to remind you.

When you see the faces and hear the stories of victims, it does re-affirm the importance of what is done here.

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for posting, this looks very interesting.

Do you have a url for viewing on line?

and . . .

Can it be viewed outside of Canada?

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the link to the program's website. It appears one must watch it in segments, not straight through.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/w5-uncovers-global-network-of-organized-crime-targeting-canadians-in-romance-scams-1.4663964

Like most of us here, I enjoy toying with lads, reading safaris and sensing their frustration with us. This shows the other more visceral side of what these lads can do to decent people.

Not sure about viewing outside of Canada, sorry.

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I just found it on YouTube, Sparky! It's at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzqXdXZB_N0

45 minutes long, beginning to end in one segment.

I was able to watch the segments on the CTV link but there were lots of ads. The YouTube video has fewer ads.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
bikeatl77
** WARNED **

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for YouTube link. I just finished watching and feel sick to my stomach. Very sad story.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor lady and a typical heartless lad.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
braintoxic
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its sickening to see that over and over again law enforcement fail to act and then when challenged they use the same bs excuses that we have been listening to for years

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tnx for posting sparky. Gonna watch it later

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
sparky905
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Near the end, when they were speaking with the RCMP sergeant, and he kept saying things about privacy and consent for having access to the information, his words seemed so weak. It did provide that "gotcha" moment for the camera though. I do believe, since this appeared to be the same old excuse, the better thing to do would have been to ask "how do I get consent?" Find a way to make prosecutions happen!

bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for the link, I'll be watching this later.

The BBC begins a program tomorrow focused on Romance Lads: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000b1pv

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Padme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the heads up sparky905 and for the youtube link lakeside77. It was a good segment. I liked that they emphasized that neither the lads nor their victims are stupid people.

Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko>Kpndo>Ctnu -Team Woody
Safari Sand Timer Akure>Kano -Amos
Safari x8 Sand Timer x2 Vcamera Owerri>Maiduguri>Owerri>Lagos>Lomé>Bmko>Kolokani Bmko>Nioro>Bmko>Timbuktu>Bmko>Youri Bmko>Mauritania>Kidira>Dakar>Jail -Team Godwin
Safari 's - assorted West Africa safaris, Cyril w/ Spindrift, France-Dublin w/ DSW
Easter 2015 Mortar Closed lad accounts Jack Boot Whip Whip Vcamera Mc Fry Goat Santa Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic