SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another Autobaiter Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Automated Scam Bot

Quote:

Ever wish you could somehow get back at scammers who email you? Now there's a way.

New Zealand-based cyber-security firm Netsafe created an artificially intelligent email bot dubbed Re:scam, which is designed to imitate victims and waste the time of scammers.

"Re:scam wastes scammers' time with a never-ending series of questions and anecdotes so that scammers have less time to pursue real people," Netsafe wrote in a blog post. The company said Re:scam will "continue the conversation indefinitely – or until the scammer stops replying."

Re:scam can take on many different personalities and engage with "infinite scammers at once," Netsafe wrote. It will even make typos and jokes to spice up the conversation and seem like a real person.

In response to one Western Union scam, for instance, Re:scam wrote back "Are you talking about real money? Because if so then you certainly have my attention. What do you need from me?" The scammer then instructed the would-be victim to wire $73, and Re:scam replied asking whether "Chevron petrol vouchers" are an acceptable form of payment. After going back and forth several more times, Re:scam finally messages the scammer saying: "My Grandad asked me to email you for him because he's slow at typing and gets easily confused. He told me it's super important. What do you need?"
[/quote]

https://www.pcmag.com/news/357306/rescam-bot-has-one-goal-waste-the-time-of-email-scammers

bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm splitting this here.

Every 12-18 months, an "autobaiter" is brought up. This is an old topic, and frankly it is disappointing to see a reputable anti-fraud organization promote it.

I previously wrote:
This is an autobaiter, and while their intentions are good, no doubt, we do not know the vetting process for adding email addresses to the system. For all we know, I could take a lad script, add an ex's email address and add it to the system. That could result in targeting many ITPs.

The Dane wrote:
I have yet to see an automated system that works. For instance, how do you ensure that the person sucked into your automated correspondance is in fact a scammer?

A recent review stated this:

Quote:
(It) will check if the email is indeed fraudulent, and then proceed to reply with a message that sounds like it could’ve come from a real person. I tried it by sending myself a notice from a separate address to collect $10 million from a lucky draw, and (it) got on the case in a couple of days.

So, this reviewer created his own imitation of a lad script, used one of his addresses and sent it in to the autobaiter. Soon he had a reply. Yep. Verified fraud. Rolling Eyes

Then...

Quote:
Scam baiting, the act of trolling scammers by pretending to fall for their schemes in order gather information about them or waste their time, has been going on for a long time now, and many a noble internet vigilante took it upon themselves to expose these frauds. Thanks to AI like (this), they can now shuck off their boots and leave the dirty work to these clever bots.

We're done here folks. Time to close up shop. AI will take over now.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic