SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Collections Scam....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Notmymom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fake credit card scam. Called me to about "debt" my mother has. Asked if I had power of attorney when i said no they still asked me to be "responsible" for the matter and claimed she was under investigation and repeatedly mentioned how "elderly" she was. when I had my mom call them they claimed she had a Walmart credit card in collections. They knew her social and a former address. When we asked for information on the debt they said she would have to go to court to find out more.

I called them from my cell to ask for their company name, address and tax ein number. I also called them from my desk phone to ask for the same thing. An hour later I received calls on both lines (different numbers) but was unable to answer at the time. Both numbers had the same area code of my phone numbers. When I called them back I got a disconnected message.

Meantime my mom tried to get them to give her their address and information and they hung up on her but she IMMEDIATELY received a call back on one of the numbers that called me and someone screamed over and over on the phone.... SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

No if we try to call their number again it's saying disconnected.

So I am guessing we have pissed them off?
What are they likely to do to us?
What can I do to them?

I have no sense of humor what so ever about anyone threatening my mom. Generally I know when someone is scamming but this one caught me off guard. We legitimately thought that someone had a fraudulent account in her name. Now I wonder if I opened us up to something bad happening.
Darthama
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They are phony debt collectors who try to find a vulnerable person (usually elderly) and bully them into paying for a false debt. They are not going to give you any information as required by law because they are criminals.
Research the FTC website under debt collectors and there will be a lot of good information.
If possible, do not answer telephone numbers you do not recognize and you may want to block those numbers.
Thank goodness your mother was not a victim.

Closed lad accounts (x5)

You are a devil and a witch -- Gerald Yellen / Romance Scammer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic