SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New to scam baiting, help needed!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scambaiterintraining
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
I am having an ongoing conversation on Twitter DM with a scammer, he keeps sending me photos of a beautiful Brazilian Dr, luckily Google images took me there straight away, I just keep wondering which one he will send next!
I got a friend to connect with him on twitter, she quickly told him she thought his photos were fake and he blocked her immediately.
I am in hospital this week with time on my hands and finding it quite entertaining, I'm going along with it for now out of curiosity to see where he tries to take it.
I know not to give him any personal details, its just chit chat.
When something happens I can either:
a) block him and cut off contact
b) tell him I'm actually married with kids and twice the age he's told me he is
c) tell him I've found his doppelgänger and send him the link to all the photos of the guy he's been sending me.
Is there anything I should be aware of?
thanks
See Man
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

Are you using any RL information? If so cease all communication with the scammer.
scambaiterintraining
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's my real twitter profile that I've had for a while, but that's all. Not sent him any photos (he has asked) nor any other personal details (he hasn't asked), it's just chit chat for now
See Man
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Scambaiter.

I'm no expert but reading these pages tells me that using ANY real information whilst dealing with a scammer is dangerous. Drop him now and block all further communication with him.
These guys are criminals, they aren't messing around.
Have fun but bait safely.
scambaiterintraining
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw, I was having fun and thought I could get another few days out of it before I head home. Any other opinions??! Thanks though
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

See Man is right, it's safest to drop him - even though you haven't directly given him any identifying information, he may be able to gather enough from your other Tweets and possibly links to your other Social Media accounts to identify you or your friends/family.

If you are interested in baiting then read the stickies and University topics and you'll find details of how to bait safely and anonymously and there are plenty of other scammers to pick up both in the Surplus forum here and at our sister site Scamwarners.com.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
scambaiterintraining
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, reluctantly thanks..

my twitter account is very political and has no ties to my family/FB etc FWIW
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

See Man and B8er are on the money - thwarted Lads can get spiteful and it's best not to risk revealing your real identity. Better safe than sorry is a wise approach.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam baiting from hospital beds or waiting rooms can be a very useful way to spend the time (and at least in my experience, distract from whatever's going on health-wise).

I agree with other posters above, and I would suggest (a): block him and cut off contact. Choice (b) would not stop the conversation at all, such scammers are incredibly forgiving as long as they think there's a possible payout coming. Choice (c) can be another way to end communication but you'd be surprised how often they will continue, in some cases "admitting" it's not their photo but they truly love you, etc....

We don't see much Twitter baiting here (YET?), but the principles are the same as baiting by email and other formats ---- can set up a new account that is entirely disconnected to your real life details, interests etc.
This is the safest way to go, and ensures that you haven't accidentally let things slip here and there that can be pieced together to identify you or at least narrow down your identity.

If you need further advice in this area, please feel free to ask.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
scambaiterintraining
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well he sent me a first nude (back view) as 'going in the showertonight which I got after I came back quite shaken after a fairly traumatic few hours in theatre waiting for a simple op. I gave him a full blast about his poor timing and ended up telling him we should just go back to liking each other's tweets as we did before haven't had a reply to that yet but felt like an easy way out
Thanks for everyone's advice!
See Man
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Scambaiter.

I hope all went well with you and that you make a swift and full recovery. Then read the stickies, get a mentor and start baiting!.

See Man.
scambaiterintraining
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks! I will be ok. No don't usually have much time for this kind of thing so I won't go chasing it, just wanted to know what to do since I was already in it.
Funny that he didn't even try to change my mind when I said let's stop messaging..almost disappointing!
Thanks for all your help Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic