SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

CL Scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Joe419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all, have posted some items up at CL and all of the 419 text messages that came pouring in led me to this site. I've been intrigued by the lengths of some of the "baits" on here, my small contribution to the cause being banking details received from one of the scammers. Apparently not a very smart one, he provided a USPS tracking # for a (I'm sure perfectly legit) check to "Joe Biden 1600 Pennsylvania Ave..."

I have sent an email to [email protected]. Is this still the right way to go about it? Anyway, for your small amusement (as it pales in comparison to these safaris!) is my text transcript:

Xxxxxxxx: Hi Good morning sorry for the late update, i lost my grandma which is a great lost for me so please follow my instruction so we can get things done.. Thanks for your trustworthy in this transaction and really sorry for the delayed. I got that the check will be delivered to you today via USPS here is the tracking #( xxxxxxxxxxx} for the confirmation of sending you a checK $3400.60 with extra $10 for you.,All you need to do is pls dont email or text them i have already contact them my self...just follow my instruction Once you receive the payment, go straight to your bank have the check deposit into your checking account and after doing that. Then wait for 24hrs for the money to be verified and fully cleared and then deduct your money for the item,and also remove $10 for the running around have cause you during the transaction period and make the rest fund wire to the shipper information via Money Gram or western union transfer so that he can be able to come for the pick up of the item today .Here is the shipper information to wire the remaining money to.... Name:- xxxxxxxxxx- Florida Zipcode:- 33896 As soon as you wire the money to the shipper i will like you to get back to me with the Western Union/moneygram details on the receipt. Thanks let me know if you understand. 9:33 AM
+xxxxxxxxxxxHello please are you getting my messages? 9:59 AM
+xxxxxx: Hello please i need to know if you're getting my messages please its very important regarding the payment so we can proceed with the pick up once you receive it thanks.. Hope to read from you asap 10:24 AM
Me: I'm sorry, there is no Western Union near me, I can do a direct deposit if you like. 11:12 AM
+xxxxxxx: Yes Joe.. i can locate you the nearest money gram if its important for the mover to receive it 11:14 AM
Me: I will need to do this Via bank transfer please, or we can do it in person. 11:15 AM
+xxxxxxx: I will guide you trough how you can do it.. can you go to WASHINGTON, DC 20500 and pick up the check? 11:16 AM
Me: I am a busy man and not sure I will have time to go to one of these places. I can do the bank transfer, or would happily meet for cocktails and conclusion of this business 11:22 AM
+xxxxxxOkay but will you go and pick up the check at the post office? 11:31 AM
+1xxxxxxxx: Hello 1:33 PM
Me: Sure, send me your details and I will pick up the check and make your deposit by end of the week. 1:51 PM
+1xxxxxxxxYou just need to go to the post office with this tracking number to get the check with your ID xxxxxxxxxxxx1:52 PM
Me: Yes, I know how to pick up mail, thank you. I need your details to complete the transaction. 1:53 PM
+1xxxxxxxxx Yes let me know when you have the check so i can get back to you with the details needed 2:08 PM
Me: My bank is near the post office. I will make one trip. Give me your bank details so that I can make the deposit and transfer at one time. 2:52 PM
+1xxxxxxxCan you take out the cash... and send through money gram? 2:54 PM
+1xxxxxxxxx That is the fastest way for the mover to get the money.. because he's driving to you for the pick up and he won't be able to get to the bank
2:54 PM
Me: I can't make it to Money Gram, but if he is driving this way I will just give him the cash 2:59 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: He need the cash to get gas and other items.. 3:11 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxWell let me know when you pick up the check.. i will send you the bank account to deposit the cash. 3:11 PM
Me: You just said he is on the way... 3:13 PM
+1xxxxxxxYes he's going to pick up a lot of items.... including my car engine, refrigerators and a lot of items from different location and sure he will get the boat from you also.
3:15 PM - Apparently listing a few of the items I had up on CL was supposed to scare me?
Me: Then I will give him the cash when he gets here...
3:17 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxx He need the cash to get gas and other things.. 3:18 PM
Me: I don't know what to tell you, I can't go to moneygram, perhaps a bank transfer? 3:20 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxx: Yes a bank transfer i will send you the bank details to receive the cash.. 3:21 PM
Me: ok, sounds good. please send them 3:23 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks 3:27 PM
Me: As soon as you send the bank details I will pick up your check and go to my bank. 3:30 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxx: Okay Joe 3:34 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxxBank name; Carter Federal Credit Union Acct # xxxxxxxAccount Name: Xxxxxxxxxxxx 3:43 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxxx Got it? 3:43 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxx: Hello 3:53 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxx: Are you getting me? 4:09 PM
Me: Sorry, but I had a last minute meeting. I will make it tomorrow. 5:46 PM
+1xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Okay will that be in the morning? 6:08 PM
Me: As soon as I can. 6:09 PM
+1 B Okay thanks 6:09 PM
Fredd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Joe,

You may be aware, or maybe not - either way, another newbie reading this might not be -

If this scammer has any of your real life info, DROP HIM immediately. Read the stickies about safe baiting for details.

By your atitude, you're frustrating my future and my life.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater!

It is possible to bait Craigslist scammers (I've done it), but DO NOT use a real item and DO NOT use a real address or any information that could lead to you. Make up a baiting character who lives at a nonexistent, but plausible, address.

When you get a bank account, pass it to a mod. Alan hasn't logged in for years. If you get info of someone in a first-world country whom you're supposed to send money to, and he does not appear to be an expat from Ladland, pass that info to a mod too. These people are called mules. Do not post mule names in the clear, even behind a login, unless they are proven to be knowing and willing accomplices of scammers, like the Vasseurs. I once got a bank account of a would-be mule before the would-be mule actually got any money, thus preventing the birth of a mule by catching a pig.

https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=238470

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

We no longer and info to Alan:PM any mod with mule or account info. I am going to edit your post to remove the lad's phone number. We do not generally post email addys of phone numbers in mail-we've had too many problems with people posting their bosses or exes information.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Joe419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My apologies about the number and account details in the open. I had read the forum rules and was under the impression that posting the Scammer'so info was OK. Didn't think that the account holder might be unwitting.

As far as my personal information. All that I put out is an unaffiliated Google Voice number. I wouldn't put an actual number on CL for precisely that reason!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic