SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What can my friend do. really difficult situation

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
keteri
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My friend has told me to write this on her behalf, she is a single parent and was looking for job online when someone mailed her and offered her a job as a virtual assistant and to work from home and with a good pay. She was meant to start yesterday and they had her bank details in order to pay her "salary" they then told her that they had transferred money into her account and that she needs to confirm if she has received it. She opened her account and found £20000, she was so shocked and called me I told her this was very suspicious but I did not know about money mules, anyway they now want her to transfer the money to someone else and to make sure it is cleared in her bank before she sends it to someone else. After researching this I realised she is in a dangerous situation and told her to call her bank to reverse the payment and to block them and never contact them again however her boyfriend told her to just keep the money and to block them. What should sh do in this situation?
thanks in advance
Duckling
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

keteri wrote:
I realised she is in a dangerous situation and told her to call her bank to reverse the payment and to block them and never contact them again

A wise thing to do.

Quote:
her boyfriend told her to just keep the money and to block them.

Tell her to get a better boyfriend.

OK, that was harsh, but wow. He does not realize that he is encouraging her to commit a crime (and a major one, considering the amount here) that will probably land her in a huge trouble?

Quote:
What should sh do in this situation?

We are no authorities here: we only bait scammers and know a bit too much about different scams that exist. But we are laymen and ordinary citizens with no special rights. Therefore my suggestion would be along the lines of what you have already done: contact the bank and work with them. Maybe inform the police too just to be on the safe side and try not to get in trouble with money laundering and muling charges. They are the people who can offer your friend best help in this situation.

Safari Sloth: "Your lies are so absurd that you made me stranded in another man’s land! Kindly don’t write back or reply my message again because if you do my God Almighty will purnish and destroy you in JESUS’ name! AMEN."

"You are very stupid! Do you hear me?! Stupid is your name!" -Lovely Laura
"I will take your name and use it for the Money Ritual!" -Lovely Laura again.
"I will send you a letter bomb. Don't worry, I will send Boko Haram to your country." -Boko Boy.
"Ogun kill you your family go die this year!" -David the Payment Agent
Nigel Tuffnel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely have your friend contact her bank IMMEDIATELY!

I have seen this type of scam before, and in all likelihood this money has been stolen from someone. If your friend keeps the money, or even transfers it back to the scammer, she could be held liable for the entire amount AND potentially face criminal consequences.

Additionally, your friend should drop all contact with the scammer and should be prepared to change email and bank accounts.

This is serious.

ETA: Contacting the bank should not get your friend in trouble, especially if nothing has been done with the deposit. Your friend was innocently pursuing what appeared to be a legitimate employment opportunity.

Closed lad accounts x 44 United Arab Emirates x2 Burkina Faso x5 Togo x69 United Kingdom x562 Benin x49 United States x113 Senegal x31 United Nations x8 South Africa x10 Ivory Coast x2 Malaysia x94 Canada x6 x2 Ghana x129 cameroon x2 Cambodia Flag x4 Spain x10 x71 Switzerland x15 Nigeria x68 Thailand x3 Italy x4 Netherlands x8 Russia x3 China x4 Malta x 3 Filipino flag x3 Panama Germany x4 Taiwan Iraq Flag Ireland x6 Hong Kong x2 Cayman Islands x4 Isle Of Man x2 Japan Belgium Comorian islands Guinea Bissau Ukraine Indonesia x2 Luxembourg x2 Saudi Arabia Mugu Reseller x2 Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot
Ser Davos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your friend has a smart friend. And a shitty boyfriend.

She should contact the bank and law enforcement. She has done nothing wrong, but if she hesitates there will be problems.

Please provide her with the advice we are giving you.

One more thing.

Sit down with her and tell her how much you value your friendship. If she wants a man he should earn it. Not steal it.

United KingdomSouth AfricaUnited StatesCanadaAustraliaChinaPanamaIndonesiaTurkeyGhanaThailandKenyaNigeriaBrazilUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesGermanyAlgerian FlagcameroonBeninMalaysiaSwitzerlandBelgiumAfghanistanNetherlandsCambodia FlagTogoSpainColumbia

Safari Prosper: Lagos>Bamako>Timbuktu with the Onion smugglers, TLH, and Jojobean

Isn't being a nerd all about being passionate about something that's inconsequential?
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Contact the fraud department at the bank. Don't talk to J. Random Teller. Do not withdraw any money for any reason until the fraudulent money is sent back where it came from.

Post all emails or other messages from the scammer at Scamwarners, with the email address they were sent from and the Reply-to header if different. This will help others avoid the same scammer. Redact her name, address, and account number.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As you can see from above, we are certainly not authorities, although it appears relationship advice is excluded. Rolling Eyes Confused

A scam resource site like www.scamwarners.com is the perfect place for your friend to get help, with your support. As was mentioned, have her contact her bank, immediately. This should be her first step to alleviate any consequences. Explain to them what has happened. Unfortunately, they have seen this before and know how to deal with it.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the postings above.

your friend and the sender of that money are both victims of a scam. your friend was recruited as a mule to handle transfers from victims to scammers.

the way out in my opinion is:

1. contact scamwarners (as mentioned)
2. contact law enforcement
3. contact the banks fraud department.

their steps should be: contact the sender of the money, and that the sender is victim of a scam. the money (and future payments) should be deposited on an escrow account, so that the victims can reclaim their money.

and then hope, that law enforcement finds someone in that gang and their victims to send back the money.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Thursten3rd
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All of the above is excellent advice. And the reason is, if the money was stolen from another account or money from another scam victim, then your friend is involved in wire fraud, which is a federal offense in every Country I know of. The good news is that, as long as she gets in front of this and cooperates with her bank, she can demonstrate that she is a victim rather than a perp. Just keeping the money could very well have the opposite effect.

...you cannot kill me of Innocency....! - Reverend Mark Obum

Well, is now getting to a point which you're searching for the other side of me, and if you don,t reason well, you will surely see it from me. - Steve Jobs, Commander in Chief
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
then your friend is involved in wire fraud

but as long as she does not cooperate with the fraudsters, that friend should be safe.

she should cooperate with law enforcement, and a lawyer might be helpful too, just to be safe (she hasn't done anything wrong yet, but she is currently the only one accessible to the scam-victims).

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic