SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why messing with IRS Scammers is a bad idea

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Mods, I know this is news, but I didn't want to just stick it in the news thread where most people won't see it as it highlights the need for baiting safely even if the scammer is thousands of miles away.

Police "Standoff" Caused By Aggressive IRS Scammers

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Standoff-on-North-Side-of-Colorado-Springs-368078141.html?device=phone&c=y

Quote:
the scammers were calling 911, claiming that Davis was in his home threatening to harm people, and threatening to shoot police. At one point the suspect even claimed to be Davis.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
bware419ers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great. Now they've moved to "swatting." Great reminder for baiting safe and showing these IRS scams can't be baited as we know it.

Golden Pig Vcamera Closed lad accounts X 7035
The Church of the Old Gods Sand Timer Safari X 17 Tattoo
Goat Mortar Flying Monkey Mc Fry Jack Boot Easter 2015 Santa Whip

Black Ribbon "FFS." - Capone
Black Ribbon - Toomuchfun
Black Ribbon - Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a good article to point the next "I'm ex-military and have a dozen AK-47s at home" numpty at.

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I am former military and I'm not shy around weapons, but the above is a good example of how that would not help if the local PD and/or Swat team showed at my house.

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^The difference being, you (and the other experienced members on here with LE and military backgrounds) have the sense to know that your training and guns are not going to protect you from every eventuality, so would be excluded from the numpty category.

Crap, that almost sounded like a compliment.

Capone
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for posting this, B8er. We are serious about safe baiting and this shows that there are real world consequences when interacting with scammers.

500 in 6-walked
Whip Mc FryJack Boot Flying Monkey
Mortar x4
Golden Pith Atlanta-Las Vegas -Seattle-San Diego-Seattle 2.0Atlanta-Jackson Hole, WY, Atlanta-Aspen, CO-with Juan
Safari Ghana-Bouake with Choppa and Dr. Mike
Courtesy of SH Ivory Coast!
Safari Accra-Lome with Choppa
Safari Ghana-Burkina Faso with Choppah
Safari Sand Timer -Accra-Singapore Team Woody
"no! no no money!!! all this was not true! .. "- vlad rant
" i have complained to those who think life is a comedy to those who feel life is a tragedy. " Mr. Pekkar's Problem
Go Gold!
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

and it especially shows that making up some real world address is a bad idea too.

tell the lad, that you live in an existing address? lad sends a swat-team, and it endangers innocent people. what would happen, if a cop feels triggerhappy, because the owner of the home makes a bad move?

the only way to overcome this is using non-existing addresses. a city with a non-existing road, a non-existing city... whatever. just don't endanger other people.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Worse, I can see scammers calling random people and saying "send me money now or I will have you swatted". Kind of a variant on the hitman scam, except with very real potential for a tragic outcome.

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
the only way to overcome this is using non-existing addresses. a city with a non-existing road, a non-existing city...

The problem is that these scammers are calling their victims so they already have a rock solid connection to your RL info.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

yes, that's true for scams. they already have the address.

but for scambaiting, where the baiter tries to bait safe, that's something more problematic.

and I can imagine that this kind of tactic would work for any type of scam, not just IRS-scam.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
TheScamHater
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the warning, I usually don't get IRS Scam calls though.

"I JUST WANT TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TELL YOU THAT I MYSELF WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY WITHOUT ANY QUESTION FROM ANY OFFICE IN THE WORLD" Martial Emile
"na God go punish ur hustle guy for wasting my time" Sir John Anthony
"After all the stress, look at what you are saying,thanks for wasting my precious time and if you care to know your deposit would have made my Hospital upgraded now you have brought shame and disgrace to me. Thanks a lot for the disappointment, God bless and reward you to what you done to me" Dr Salami
TheMasterBaiter007
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry in advance for bring back a dead thread, The IRS call scammers use a database to confirm they actually called you and will attempt to verify that information nine times out of ten if your not they will hang up on you or will curse you out in hindi. My recommendation if you are going to mess with them just keep in mind it is out of scope here on 419eater buy a Direct inward dialing numbers (did) number or a disposable and for the love of everything dont give out real information

Nigeria x1 Ghana x1 Japan x1
Closed lad accounts x1
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ No, just leave them alone.

They've got a shitty attitude and apparently no qualms against getting people hurt or killed. Given what you can actually do with them - ie: not much, the very high risk of messing with them at all, and the sheer bother involved in attracting them to a fake inbound number, it's totally not worth it.

If you're going to engage scammers there are fatter, easier targets out there that won't bring the attendant risk of getting raided by the police.

You're right about one thing - This is a rather old thread. so now it's locked.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic