SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Interested in Baiting Personal Assistant Scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
keithcee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone I know was convicted of several felonies with a lengthy probation sentence due to falling for a particularly nasty "Personal Assistant" scam. Unlike standard scams, which try to get money from the victim or their bank, this scam made the job applicant their "money mule" to launder money they illegally obtained from other sources then funneled through the "assistant". I've found the same patterns of text in the same personal assistant ads for the past three years all over the internet and believe that thousands and thousands of people are falling for this every year. In one particular case, they were able to steal around $50 million and launder it by depositing the stolen funds in the accounts of "personal assistants" they recruited online, then asking those personal assistant to wire it to other individuals, usually overseas. Hopefully the FBI is pursuing these criminals by now but they are still actively posting job ads all over the internet such as Craigslist. If anyone is interested in helping I will show you the specific ads I am talking about so you can watch for the same pattern and try to apply for a job with them in order to bait them, with the understanding you should never give them any account numbers! Conspiracy as well as receiving stolen property are serious charges so we don't want to get too involved, just waste their time and get info. Anyway, I've heard of many romance scammers stealing money from people but recruiting people who are simply looking for work and turning them into convicted felons, all because of their gullibility, this is probably the worst scam I've heard yet. They also use the personal assistants in check fraud and reshipping cons. (I'm removing the link but just send me a private message for the details).
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly, such scams are extremely common. Craigslist and other sites are swimming in 'work at home' money mule scams. We deal with a great many victims at our sister site, scamwarners.com. These are insidious scams since many victims are desperate and leap at a chance to get a "job" working from home. The scammers are usually in other countries so the victim ends up being the one that authorities target, as happened to your friend.

Although these scammers are baitable it is tricky unless you have a 'drop box' to safely receive fake checks to pass on to law enforcement.

The best defense against such scams is education. Spread the word to everyone you know!

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic