SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first bait paypal scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dafydd
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
Just wanted to share a bait with someone who tried to scam me on a local buy/sell site using paypal. All communications through texting.
This individual wanted to buy an item using paypal and have me ship it to her cousin in Africa but she is unable to meet face to face for a money transactions (as recommended by the site) as she is conveniently out of the country

My thoughts are in italics

Her
PS3 Slim
...Good day am interested in buying your the item is it still for sell and let me know the condition??

Me
Hi,
Thanks for your interest in my PS3. I'm currently waiting on another person who has an Xbox for trade. I will get back to you if the deal falls through

Her
how long have you been using this also do you still have the box and whats your asking price??

"Everything appears legit"

Me
Hi there,
The person never showed last night so this is still available. The unit has hardly been used as it was a back up for my mail unit. It is in excellent shape (looks brand new) and comes with the box. My son took the controller so I have a blue controller that comes with. I bought it new last winter and it only has had about 10 hours use
I am asking $200 and I'm sending this out to both interested parties so will go to the first one who replies
Thanks

Me
main unit that is (correction to typo above)

Her
Hello dear, am willing to buy your item for my cousin schooling in west Africa as a Birthday Gift so i will be paying you $350 including the shipping & handling fee okay which i will be paying you by PayPal.i would have liked to do local transaction but am out of the country now for a business transaction okay, so do you have a PayPal Account?

Her (5 mins later)
do you have a PayPal Account?

"I'm a little wary at this point so decide to see if this is legit or not"

Me
Sorry, I don't use paypal, too many bad experiences. I would prefer local only at this time. I'm in no rush to sell so may still have the unit when you return.
Thanks again for your interest

Her
OMG !! HOH ....... I understand how you feel i promise if you can help me i will pay for the shipping including the item fees and any order charges and that is why i said we should use PayPal for the payment cos PayPal is save and secure for both sellers and buyers online fastest way to pay and 100% fraud free for more info log on to WWW.PayPal.com please i am really

"She's really keen to use paypal, now I'm sure it's a scam so I check out internet scams online to confirm my suspicions - I decide to test out my theory"

Me (Baiting begins - I'm not from the states nor have an American bank account)
Hi,
I have been trying to set up a paypal account in order to deal with you but received an email from paypal indicating that there is a problem with creating an account, something to do with having an American bank account (California) and living in Canada so, at this time, I am unable to create a paypal account and am only able to do a cash transaction. If the item is still listed when you return to town, please don't hesitate to contact me

"Her area code is from California"

Her
Just open with your credit card or use usa as your state then you change when this deal is done.

"Now I'm just toying with her"

Me
Tried credit card but paypal will not accept prepaid cards.

If I may ask, Where do you live? I see you are using a California area code I'm from Orange County so Know the 707 area code and problem is with Bank account sorting code and living in Alberta

Her
Just create the paypal account using Your state as Usa and use your bank account so it work, my bro just did this now and it work.

"Hmmm, no mention about where she is, more baiting in order"

Me
I'm having too many problems trying to set up a paypal account so I've asked a friend if he'll accept the paypal payment for me. He's my Canadian sponsor
His paypal account is: [email protected] and he will email me when the payment is in his account.

"Fictitious but official looking email address. BTW Damtier is German for Doe, so my fictitious friend is John Doe"

Me
could you also email a copy of the paypal receipt to me please and the address where you would like me to send the PS3

"Lets see if she bites"

Her
Just ask him to send me a paypal invoice to [email protected]

"Sh has no clue - thought the rcmp in the email address would have tipped her off. No more subtleties, time to get down and dirty"

Me
I just spoke with my friend and gave him your email address. He said he can't do it at the moment as he is very busy at work right now dealing with some kind of internet fraud racket involving several international Police agencies.
He'll be in touch with you later

"My bad....."

I haven't had a reply in a while so I thought that I would send one last text just to poke the bear so to speak

Hi again,
My friend tried sending an invoice but the email was bounced back saying that email address doesn't exist. I hope you don"t mind, I gave him your phone number so he can call you to get the email address again.

Still no reply, can we say Busted?

Be wary of receiving Texts from 1 707 506 6158 or:
Email address: [email protected]

Hope this has been a comical read...... Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic