SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

J0hn T1ka - 21 Weeks, 2 x WU, 1 x Airport

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Played it straight as usual and introduced my own 'lawyer' part way through to create some room for confusion. Had him draft and re-draft his agreement a number of times before it was acceptable. Two trips to WU and one to the airport if he is to be believed (and why wouldn't you? Laughing).

Next goal, a 6 month bait.

Callum McReid - baiter
Major Dennis Bloodnok - Callum's lawyer
John Tika - the scammer
African Security - the security company
Comments

===

Sent : June 9, 2004 9:01:53 PM
Subject : KIND ASSISTANCE

Dear,

Greetings, Please don't be surprised by my letter, as I did not know you before. I am only in search of help that's why I contacted you after I got your contact from the net and I hope am lucky to get your help and cooperation.

My mother and I are from Kono district in Sierra Leone but now staying in Buduburam refugee camp in Ghana. My father was Dr. Julius Tika Spencer, former minister of Goverment and logging merchant who was murdered in cold-blood by rebels plus my two twin-sisters. Information about our family is well published because my grandfather Sir Milton Margai was the first prime-minister of Sierra-Leone after independence. We escape to Ghana after the rebels did this wicked attack. My mother and me were safe because we were not at home when they came.

But before my father bled to death he directed us to some documents he kept for a huge fortune he deposited in a safe in bank vaults in Ghana through a security company. So we reached Ghana and contacted the bank manager he told us and he confirmed everything. I tell you the amount and bank only if you agree and ready to help us. It?s for security reason and you understand this. So we have the documents, the combination lock numbers and key for the safe.

Now we need to trust a neutral person abroad (as my late father advised) to be our foreign partner, to help claim the deposit and transfer to his account for our investment. We are ready to give good reward and we agree on this if you are ready to help.

My mother is very sick because of all the shock and is worse because we escaped from home without anything. So life is hard in the refugee camp and we need to quickly solve this and have money to face our new life. I also want to go abroad maybe continue school and you will help us for safe investment of the money.

I give more information when I hear from you. Please send reply to us at:
[email protected]. God bless you.

Best Regard

John Tika Margai and Mrs.Ivon Margai

To: John Tika
Date: June 11
Subject: Re: Kind Assistance

Dear John,

I must admit I was somewhat surprised to receive your letter. Your family has certainly been through a lot of hardship and traumatic times and it troubled me to learn of what you have been through. The world is a cruel cruel funny place. As it happens I am a well respected businessman with international contacts, so I may be able to offer some assistance, although just what I will do I don;t yet know.

Before I can do anything however there is just one question I must ask. It affected me deeply to learn of your late two twin-sisters. I need to now if you had twin sisters, which would mean two, or two sets of twin sisters which would mean four. Your answer will help me come to terms with the grief and trouble to the soul you must feel, god bless their souls.

Regards,

Callum McReid
Company Director
SFC(NZ), NDipE (Mech), Member NZDC

PS. Pass my sincere my condolences to your mother Ivan, hopefully we will put her in a better place before long.

His reply was verobse to say the least. I should've slapped him for it...Embarassed

Date: June 11
Subject: Glad to hear from you Sir!

Dear Father,

I thank you very much for your mail and the contents therein.I have shown my mother your mail though her health is quite frail but I must admit that she is elated with your response and she confessed being at home dealing with a true Christian. The health of my mother has deteriorated greatly and I tried to take her to hospital. The clinic at the refugee camp is not well equipped to take care of her problem. Her problem is serious Fibriods. Though this was diagnosed earlier but the doctor then said it was benign and would not pose a problem, but presently it has deteriorated.

In all candor, I am moved by the concern you have shown to the plight of my family and I pray too that the Good Lord grants you your heart desires.I have twin sisters, that is just two sisters who are twins (identical).They were really my soul mates as I loved them so affectionately.Its just like a part of me has been taken away and I have cried my heart out.I only have to look upon the good Lord to thrive on.You know, its not easy though.Its a bit comfortable losing ones loved one, just one and not just two but three.The pain I must say is excruciating.My situation is better imagined.

Now at the hospital, the doctors cannot treat her because they said I need to deposit money in cash to keep her in hospital. I am heratbroken because my mother may die if they do not attend to her now. So forgive me if I sound a bit desperate to see we conclude this matter in the shortest possible time.Spare a prayer for my mother.

Now can I refer to you as my father? This is because the mail you sent to me, you wrote like a father that I do not have at the moment. If not for the gruesome killing of my father and twin sisters, we would not have been suffering and living the way we are doing presently. I could not have been in this difficult situation with my mother.

All I have told you has no distortion whatsoever and as I write you I am in great trauma which has affected my psyche in a bad way. I feel alone in the world.All left out. My mothers situation is more pathetic as the mere thought of losing a husband and her two daughters the same day has made her such a wreck.I do pray to God to be with her and keep her alive for me.She is all I got and I have told her to be patient as I will by his grace conclude this transaction with you.

If I may ask Sir,why do evil visit good people?I am indeed short of words if I try to reminiscise on everything.I do feel I dont deserve this pain and I feel betrayed by the world. I am a Christian, and all I have bared to you has no distortion whatsoever.I would need guidance Father.

I assure you that by the time you see me and my mother and the money you will appreciate me better. The brutal murder of my father is still very fresh in my memory for me and my mother.Please see website for
your perusal:

www.africanonlinesnew.scriptmania.com

I am 26years old and my mother is 55 years old. My mother is suffering from Fibriods as I earlier intimated you, she can not receive treatment at hospital because I have no money to deposit. I love my mother so much and her present state will not be easy for me to bear. My mother's name is IVON VICTORIA TIKA and I was born in the month of February. The money is $30,000.000.00 and deposited in safe deposit in a Security Company.

My main aim of writing you is for you to fly down and claim the funds on our behalf and then open up a bank account where this fund will be paid into.The brutal murder of my father is still very fresh in my memory for me and my mother and that is why we are looking forward to a new lease of life abroad.

You can subsequently issue wire instructions to your nominated bank account abroad. Note too that we shall depend on your discretion in the areas of investment.Please this is important.

From my studies of Ghana as a country,it is relatively small in number of population but it has an emerging market that has attracted many multi-nationals to it. They have a flexible monetary policy. Monies of this nature can easily be moved out of the system no doubt. On the streets of Ghana, you can see foreigners, Asians, Americans even students. Here too there is a big port, which serves as a hub in West Africa, what this means is that there is increased trade all around. These multi-nationals are paying in money steadily to the bank in either hard currency or in cedi equivalent. So your flying down and paying this money into the bank when we take delivery of the boxes from the Security Company, would not and never pose a problem.

Hope you get my drift. You foreigners are respected here.This news I am giving is as a result of the time I have spent studying and investigating the network of the country.

If you help us get this money out my mother will attend the best hospital in Europe and I will continue my education too.Father do not hesitate to help us.
God bless you

John Tika

N/B:Please do furnish me with a telephone number I can call you on.

Date: June 14
Subject: RE: Glad to hear from you Sir!

Dear John,

I received your reply and am beginning to understand your problem. You have no other brothers and sisters. What about cousins? I may be able to assist, please furnish details regarding the proposed method of transaction and what you need me to do. For confidential matters I can be faxed on 1-707-361-0284 or emailed, but I can not guarantee a secure phone call as these are sometimes monitored due to the increased terrorist threat if coming from overseas.

Regards,

Callum

Date: June 15
Subject: Deposit Certificate and Agreement for your study!!

Dear brother Callum,

Many thanks for your mail and how are you?I am elated hearing from you again and I pray fervently for your understanding and patience every other thing will finally fall into place.

As I have earlier intimated you, it hs just not been easy for me and my mother.In all candor brother Callum, I do have cousins but they have kept themselves distant a long time ago. Just the usual traditional african furore that exists most times amongst adults within the family.It might just be different and unobtainable in your country but down here,people tend to be envious more especially when you tend to be achieving so much.I do hope you understand.No matter the case, I do not intend opening up to anyone here so I do not compromise myelf, my mother or the transaction.Envy reigns supreme here and people are happy with your downfall.Let me not tow the idea of seeking help from
inside.I am more comfortable dealing with a foreigner with a good heart like you.

The scenario as I have informed you earlier is that I would need your assistance to take delivery of the safe from the company it is
deposited and we move from there to the bank where you will open up a non-resident account where this money would be paid into. From there you will subsequently issue wire-instructions to your bank abroad.I have been duly informed that Ghana has a flexible monetary system and that makes it possible to move monies of this nature in and out of system.

The money in question is $30,000.000.00 and deposited in safe deposit in a Security Company.My main aim of writing you is for you to fly down and claim the funds on our behalf and then open up a bank account where this fund will be paid into.Please I have the documents for your perusal.Do see attached.

During my last visit to the security to know the veracity of the matter,(confirming if such a safe actually existed in that company)which I was told in the affirmative, I was also assured by the company that they can give us a bullion van to take our consignment to anywhere so long it is within Accra.This I found okay and convenient.

Please let us take advantage of the flexible monetary system of Ghana to move this fund out.Note too that there would not be a problem in this as I and my mother are the only persons in the know of everything and that the money in question too is not money linked to terrorism or drugs.

You need not worry with me or the transaction as everything has been enshrined to see that this business comes to frution.I trust you and I believe that you have the capacity to work on this with us.We shall also be depending on your discretion in areas of investment.One thing you have to assure us that you keep this matter close to your chest till we meet and conclude on this.

I have also drawn a Draft of Co-operation Agreement prepared to protect our interests.I will send it across if so wish for your comments.If you give assent to it, then we shall be signing the originals once you are here in Accra, Ghana.

As I earlier stated in my previous mail, Ghana as a country, has an emerging market that has attracted many multi-nationals to it. Here too there is a big port, which serves as a hub in West Africa, what this means is that there is increased trade all around.These multi-nationals are paying in money steadily to the bank in either hard currency or in cedi equivalent. So your flying down and paying this money into the bank when we take delivery of the boxes from the Security Company, would not and never pose a problem brother Callum.You will also be needing a visa to come into Ghana and I would plead you expedite action on this matter.

I will wait for news from you and may you live in interesting times.
Regards

Your son

John

My mothers health though unstable, she sends her regards.She sends her best to your loved ones.

Deposit certifcate
Contract

Date: June 17
Subject: RE: Deposit Certificate and Agreement for your study!!

Dear John,

I have received the documents and will review them as soon as I can. I am going away on business so this may take a few days but I will send you more details on my return.

Regards,

Callum

Date: June 18
Subject: Wish you a safe trip!!

Dear Callum,

Greetings and how are you? I wish you a safe trip.I must confess I look forward to meeting you soon and concluding this transaction.Please see attached my passport.This is a confidence building measure. I will wait for news from you and thanks.

Regards

John Tika

Date: June 21
Subject: HOLPING TO HEAR FROM YOU

Dear Sir

Thank you for your very prompt response,How are you and your family hope you are all good.

Following your first mail to you it is important i let you understand that this business should be treated with every sense of confidentiality for us to achieve an interupted success.

I have also read your mail and would want to assure you that the content is well understood.I agree to all you have said but it is also important that you share in my own light sometimes.

My very good friend,Having read your mail and given consent to it after due consultations with my mother who is sick at the moment at the refugee camp we have decided to see the workabilty of the option of using a diplomatic means to bring the boxes of money to you in country without interference.

Confirm to me in your return mail your capablity to receive this money in your country there so that we can go ahead with the plans of being in your country, delivering the money to you there in by reconfirming to me the following informations;

1)Your detailed contact address/Delivery address.
2)Your very personal telephone line.

Upon the receipt of the above informations i will send to you the detail informaton concerning my modus operandi.

I expect your very urgent response,

Sincere Regards,

John Tika

Date: June 21
Subject: RE: HOLPING TO HEAR FROM YOU

Dear John,

I have just got back from my business trip and am now in the process of moving into my new house so please accept my apologies in advance if I am unable to respond quickly over the next week or so. I still have not had the time to look at the documents you sent, but you did mention something about a draft agreement? If you could send this to me as well, then I should have all the information I need in front of me when the time comes to make my decision.

Thanks for the passport by the way. The photo was a little dark but I think I know sort of what you look like. Have you done much traveling at all? Here is a photo of me after signing up for my new house. Why he took it facing this way I don't know because you can't see the house, but that's my new fence.

Regards,

Callum

Date: June 24
Subject: Your mail!!

Dear Callum McReid,

Greetings and thanks for your mail.I am elated that you got back to me and I am willing to work on this with you. I am patient if I must say but I will pray you to hasten up a bit so that we can seek ways to move this matter forward.

When are you looking at to be here?I know and appreciate that you are a busy person, but I plead you priortise this my transaction in your schedule.We stand to benefit mutually.

I have not at any moment left the shores of Sierra Leone.I have been schooling within in one of the best schools till after my fathers death that has propelled me to seek for a way to move out of Africa and pull the family funds out too.

I sincerely need your assistance and pray you will not fail us.Thanks and have a good day.

Regards

John

Date: June 24
Subject: RE: Your mail!!

Dear John,

If you could send the draft agreement it will assist me greatly.

Regards,

Callum

Date: June 27
Subject: Draft of Co-operation Agreement

Dear Callum,

Greetings and thanks for comnig back.I have attached a Draft of Co-operation Agreement for your perusal and I would want you to make your comments.We shall be signing the originals when you are here in Ghana.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you again.Thanks and may you live in interesting times,

Regards

Joh Tika

DRAFT OF CO-OPERATION AGREEMENT

THIS AGREEMENT made this 28THTH DAY OF JANUARY, 2003 BETWEEN JOHN TIKA OF SIERRA
LEONE
(hereinafter called "the First Investor" which _expression shall where the
context so admits include
his assigns and successors in title) of the one part AND MR.CALLUM
McREID(hereinafter called
"the Second Investor" which _expression and successors
- in - title) of the other part. WHERE AS:

1. The First Investor has by his personal efforts acquired the sum of THIRTY
Million United States
Dollars (US$30,000,000.00) hereinafter called "the Fund for investment purposes.

2. The funds are at present lodged in a safe deposit outfit (African
Securities) in Accra, Ghana for which a Deposit Certificate and Written
Agreement were issued to the
First Investor.

3. For security reasons and convenience the First Investor requires the
assistance of a foreign partner to take delivery of the funds from the safe
deposit outfit.

4. The First Investor has required the Second Investor, and the Second Investor
has agreed to
cooperate with the First Investor and to receive the said funds on behalf of the
Investors.

NOW IT IS HEREBY AGREED AS FOLLOWS:

1. The Second Investor shall arrive Ghana where the funds are deposited and open
a bank account in his
name where the funds will be lodged.

2. The First Investor shall donate a Power of Attorney and hand over to the
Second Investor the copies of the
Deposit Certificate and Agreement issued to him by the Deposit Company.

3. Upon receiving and lodging the funds into his bank account in Ghana, the
Second Investor shall
immediately instruct the bank to transfer the whole funds to his foreign account
(in any country she
feels the fund will be safe).

4. Upon arrival of the funds in his foreign bank account the Second Investor
shall retain 30% thereof
for his role and shall hold the balance in trust for the First Investor after
reimbursement of all expenses
incurred by either party.

5. For the purposes of reimbursement, all expenses claimed under paragraph 4
above must be properly
documented.

6. The Second Investor shall act as Investment Adviser to the First investor and
shall present profitable
investment proposals for the consideration of the First Investor.

7. All questions arising from this transaction shall be resolved by peaceful
negotiation between both
parties.

8. The parties hereby bind themselves absolutely to the terms of this Agreement
and agree to maintain
utmost good faith and absolute confidentially and no part of this transaction
shall be disclosed to a third
party.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties hereto have executed this Agreement the day and
year First above - written.

SIGNED, SEALED & DELIVERED by the within named –MR JOHN TIKA
Signature:......................................
Date:.............................................
SIGNED, SEALED & DELIVERED by the within named MR.CALLUM McREID

Date: July 1
Subject: Why the Silence?

Dear Callum McReid,

I have sent across the Draft of Co-operation Agreement to you as requested and I am yet to hear from you.If I may ask, why the silence?Hope all is well with you?

Please you know my plight and I would want you to open up more on how you intend to assist me.My mothers health is nothing to write home about and I am hoping on the successful conclusion of this transaction to move her abroad for proper medical attention.

I am indeed desperate and I would want to hear from you immdiately on how best tomove this matter ahead.I will wait for news from you and feel free to ask questions.

Regards

John Tika

Date: July 2
Subject: RE: Why the Silence?

Dear John,

Sorry for not replying to you sooner, but moving into my new house has taken a lot of time. It's an older style home out in the country so it has taken time going back and forth organizing things. The only problem is one of the cats has gone missing. I was out to 3am this morning looking for her in the dark. Bella is not used to the country and all the animals may have scared her. My new neighbors suggested she may be trying to find her way back to my old house which apparently is quite common. I will review the agreement and get back to you shortly. How is your mother? Is there anything I can do to assist her in the meantime?

Regards,

Callum

Date: July 2
Subject: I am bereft of ideas!!

Dear Callum,

Greetings and how are you today? I am so happy you have moved to your own house. There is nothing as wonderful as that. You have bade bye-bye to being a tenant. I am indeed so happy for you.

One thing I have learnt overtime is being patient and I have waited for you and I must confess, I do not really know where this would finally take me.Are you still with me?What happens if you come up tomorrow and inform me you cant go on?

All I crave for is reassurance that you will fly down. But I am not really getting this feeling that you intend to be here. Why? You have not posed questions to me as how you intend to work on this or how you will invest the funds.Please my brother, do open up
more.

If you study the documents I have sent across to you earlier, that is the Deposit Agreement and Certificate, you will come to see that there are charges owed this company and this must be fully paid off before we can take delivery of the safe. How do I do that in my present state?I am bereft of ideas to be candid here.

I have conferred with my mother and she is desperately seeking a way out of this as she prays fervently on her sick bed that you will be the much needed hope to assist move the funds out.I am confused Callum and I would want you to open up more.

The issue of the demurrage owed the Security Company is a major headache for me and I have no one to turn to except you.How can you help in this regards?We have to move this matter forward and I hope you can get back to me really soon so that we can tidy up this matter.

I will wait for news from you in finality as to what you intend to do.

Give my best to your family and have a blessed night.

Regards

John Tika

To: African Security
Date: July 4
Subject: Account

Dear Sirs,

Please confirm the daily demutrage and additional charges payable for security of the deposit account detailed below, and the total outstanding amount as of today's date.

Deposit Number - 005278/002
Security Code - ASCG/01-F-70/002
Reference - ASCG/JA-46/01-002

Your prompt attention to this matter will be appreciated.

Regards,

Callum McReid on behalf of Mrs Ivon Tika

Date: July 4
Subject: RE: Draft of Co-operation Agreement

John,

Bella is still missing so forgive me if I don't sound quite normal but it is quite upsetting to lose a virtual member of one's family.

My lawyer says we need to make some changes to the agreement for both our benefits. Some fo the language was also difficult to understand and he is not sure what your lawyer means.

1) Use proper name "Callum Moriarty McReid".

2) Meaning of "Second Investor" not clear. Explain or change to mean just myself and my appointed power of attorney only.

3) Name of security company does not match certificates. Why?

4) Add to end of 4th item, "...the Second Investor being a foreign party.".

5) Change all mention of funds to "invested value in family treasures".

6) Change part 5 "...donate a Power of Attorney..." to "...grant the Second Investor a Limited Power of Attorney in matters relating to the securing and reinvestment of the invested value in family treasures...".

7) Change item 8 to "...disclosed to a third party other than one duly recognized legal representitive bound by client confidentiality privilege for each of the First Investor and the Second Investor.".

Make changes and send back for review please. I have also contacted African Security Consult to find out exactly how much charges are there.

Respond quick please.

Callum

Date: July 5

Dear Callum McReid,

Greetings and how are you?I hope you are gradually getting accustomed to your new home.I am indeed happy for you.Any luck about your pet?

I have made the changes and I would want you to peruse through once more and make your comments.Please brother, I apologise for the mistake as regards the security company.I believe it was typographical.A thousand apologies.

Please did you call or write the Security Company?We must expedite action on this matter.I do hope you get my drift.My mother is stable and she sends her greetings.

See attached the document and I wait for news from you.Could you give me a number I can call you on?If I may ask, what nature of investment do you have in mind for the funds and when are you looking at to be here?

Note too that you will be needing a visa to come into Ghana and I will advise you push in your application for visa from their consulate in Washington.This I believe will save us time.

I will wait for news from you and do have a splendid night.

My regards to your loved ones.

Cheers

John

Dear John,

Yes we are settling into our new home nicely thank you, but Bella is still missing. I have been told that sometimes cats will head back to their original home sometimes so I will go there tonight and look for her. I can visit my lawyer at the same time and go over the revised document to make sure he is confident for both of us to be protected.

I'm glad to hear your mother is OK. I emailed the security company as we want to keep this as confidential as possible and national security is high so calls can be monitored without us knowing. I'm not sure what my friends travel plans are yet but I will try to find out and let you know.

as far as investment goes, over the years I have made a number of very successful investments in the local (New Zealand) and Australian stock markets and have averaged around 15% per annum return. With your funds this would be enough for you to support your mother and not to have to work. Of course you probably would still want to work because it is good for a man to have a position in which he can accomplish things. I might be able to find a suitable position through my contacts if you can tell me your qualifications.

Regards,

Callum

Subject: Bella found!

Dear John,

Good news! Bella has returned! I found her at our old home and have bought her back with me. I've shut her in the stable with Silver and Scout who will hopefully keep her company until she is more used to the country. I'll let her in the house during the day.

We have reviewed the changes and there are just or two minor corrections;

1) Your mother, is her name Ivon Tika Margai or Ivon Margai Tika? I'm guessing it's just a customary thing as to which last name is used after the death of ones spouse.

2) First item 4 change "...has required Mr. Callum..." to "...has engaged Mr. Callum...", and "...being a foreign party." should be "...being a foreign partner." Sorry, I think the last was my mistake.

3) The second item 1 should be changed to "The Second Investor shall open an account in a registered Ghanan bank in his name where the "invested value in family treasures" shall be deposited and lodged here pending the forthcoming arrival of the Second Investor immediately prior to or following such depositing." This change will allow me the flexibility to start making arrangements from here and keep things moving should my friends not be traveling as soon as we require.

4) Second item 2, I am resident in New Zealand, not USA.

5) Second items 2,3,4 & 6 change Callum Moriarty McReid to "the Second Investor" for the sake of continuity.

6) Second item 4 add "...from the remaining 70% of the invested value in family treasures."

7) Item 5 add "...by means of signed receipts or other supporting documentation."

Cool I will need space to sign it under my name.

9) Both signatures should be witnessed by our respective lawyer.

Regards,

Callum

Subject: Re: Account

Attn:Callum McReid

Sir,

Refer to your email of 4th July, 2004 and be informed that the deposit information you made reference to has been forwarded to our Accounts Department for necessary action.

You shall be notified accordingly once I recieve the Accounts Department report.

Yours faithfully,

Mr.Eugene Quansah(JP)
(Director)

Date: July 6
Subject: Re: Account

Sir,

We hereby forward to you the outstanding charges and accrued demurrage on deposit made by Dr.Milton Margai Tika of which Mrs.Ivon Margai Tika is the next of kin:

Storage Charges:US$40 per day by 365 days(12/11/02-11/11/03)=US$14,600
US$40 per day by 208 days(12/11/03-06/07/04)=US$8,320
Total:US$22,920.00

Demurrage Charges:US$20 per day by 25 days(12/06/04-06/07/04)=US$500

Total Storge and Demurrage Charges:US$22,920+US$500=US$23,420

Outstanding charges=US$23,420 less US$2000(part payment)=US$21,420

Total Charge = US$21,420.00

I hope this meets your request.

Yours faithfully,

Mr.Eugene Quansah(JP)
(Director)

Date: July 6
Subject: Your Mail!!
Attachments: DraftofCooperationagreement.doc

Dear Callum,

Many thanks for your mail and I am indeed happy for you.I am sorry with the mistake I made and I must say here that women still keep the names of their loved ones after their demise. At least for onward to three years. In the traditional african society, she is not
entitled to remarry in the next one year for those interested in remarrying. But women in this part of the world do stick to their late spouses family for continuity sake more especially when they have children for him, for inheritance sake.Hope you get my drift. I must apologise a second time though.Do bear in mind that I do type my mails myself and that is why the avalanche of mistakes.I am indeed sorry.

I have also come to appreciate your throughness in your work and I am indeed glad that I am working on this with you.I also believe that you have the capacity to see this matter through and I must confess, I am at home with you.

I have discussed at length with my mother, and we have talked on the issue of transfer of funds.If I may ask, how do you intendto go about this?Are you transferring the whole lump sum in one swoop?You know there is need for us to be cautious here.I would advise we transfer this sum in piece-meal.Please tell me your intentions.You did not make mention of the incidence on tax, what is it like?You must bear in mind too that we would not want all our efforts eroded by high tax incidences.

I will wait for news from you as regards the information from the Security Company.Are you flying in alone or with a friend?Is there a Ghana consulate in your country?If yes, please endeavour to send in your application for visa so that it could come out by
the time you are ready to come down. Please Callum, my mother wanted to know when you are likely going to be here. Please advise.I would leave the area of investment with you as you are more conversant with the business world.My education has been halted because of this development and I look forward to furthering my education.I have no strong qualifications at the moment for any job.I leave that to you when we conclude.

Please peruse through and get back to me.Lets expedite action on this Callum as I am equally waiting for you.Hope to hear from you and do give my best to your
family.

Regards

John

Date: July 7
Subject: RE: Your Mail!!

John,

Is it OK if I add a space to the agreement to allow our lawyers to witness our signatures? That way you will know it is really me and I will know it is really you.

Callum

PS I hope to consider all the content of your last email this evening.

Date: July 7
Subject: Update

Dear Callum,

Greetings and how are you today?There is no problem if you can add that space for signature but what I do not understand is how it is going to work, is the idea of your signing the paper and sending it down. How do we work on that?I do not have a fax line you can send the signed document to,you know. Unless I look for one from a Public business centre.I cannot guarantee the security of the transaction that way.Please advise.

Actually, what I was working on was sending this draft for your perusal and comments (which you just did), and we would sign the originals when we meet face to face here in Accra, Ghana.

Nevertheless, I would leave it all to your discretion.Have you heard from the Security Company yet regarding the inquiry you made?I will wait for news from you and do have a blessed day.Give my best to you loved ones.

Truly yours

John

Date: July 8
Subject: RE: Update

Dear John,

I have signed and scanned the agreement and a copy is attached for you to do the same.

I have heard from the security company and their reply was as follows;

>Attn:Callum McReid
>
>Sir,
>
>We hereby forward to you the outstanding charges and accrued demurrage on
>deposit made by Dr.Milton Margai Tika of which Mrs.Ivon Margai Tika is the next
>of kin:
>
>Storage Charges:US$40 per day by 365 days(12/11/02-11/11/03)=US$14,600
> US$40 per day by 208 days(12/11/03-06/07/04)=US$8,320
> Total:US$22,920.00
>
>Demurrage Charges:US$20 per day by 25 days(12/06/04-06/07/04)=US$500
>
>Total Storge and Demurrage Charges:US$22,920+US$500=US$23,420
>
>Outstanding charges=US$23,420 less US$2000(part payment)=US$21,420
>
>Total Charge = US$21,420.00
>
>I hope this meets your request.
>
>Yours faithfully,
>
>Mr.Eugene Quansah(JP)
>(Director)

However I do not agree with this. According to part 5 of the contract, they have already received US$14,500 as the contract fee for the 18 month period (548 days), which covers the period 12/11/02 to 11/5/04. Sunday will be the 11/7/04 which is another month for a total of 578 days. So storage should be $23,140 and demurrage $750. Total is therefore $23,890.

But I would have thought that the storage fees would have bee included as part of the original contract sum, otherwsie you are being charged twice for the same thing. You might want to check this out.

Callum

Date: July 12
Subject: Re: Agreement
Attachments: Agreement page1.jpg, Agreement page2.jpg

Dear Callum,

Greetings and how are members of your family?I am in receipt of the signed document and I have signed and re-attached for your records.Please, I would advise you get in touch with the Security Company and get clarification on the issue of the eare in a better
position to handle this with you from there.I hope you get my drift.

I would wait for news from.My mother sends her regards.We look forward to an ever-green relationship with both families.Do get in touch with the security company again to sort out this.I will wait for news of your correspondence with them as soon as possible.

Regards

John.

Note:please Sir we are still in need of your phone number for easy and effective communication.

Date: July 12
Subject: RE: Account

Dear Mr Quansah

I have been examining the contract and deposit documents along with your emails and have a few questions for you;

According to part 5 of the contract you have already received US$14,500 as the contract fee for the 18 month period (548 days), which covers the period 12/11/02 to 11/5/04. Sunday will be the 18/7/04 which is another month for a total of 585 days. So storage should be $23,400 and demurrage $2,760. Grand total is therefore $26,160 not $22,920 as you state. What is the reason for the difference?

Also, from my experience whenever a storage contract is made the actual daily or weekly fees are always included as part of the original contract sum so that both parties know exactly what costs are involved and can plan ahead to meet them. It seems as if you are almost charging us twice for the same thing.

With the $14,000 + $2,000 already paid I make the outstanding amount balance as of this coming Sunday 18/7/04 to be only $10,160. Please check this out with your accounts people and get back to me.

Regards,

Callum

Date: July 13
Subject: My new address!!

Dear Callum McReid ,

Greetings and how are you and members of your family?I sent across to you yesterday the signed Draft of Co-operation Agreement, did you receive it?

Please Callum, communicate me from this new address as I had to change it for security reasons.The other day, the system I was using at the publc cafe developed a fault and that prompted my leaving there without taking precautionary measures like shutting down the system and since then I have had this funny feeling that my email box may have been tampered with. Well, I am only been cautious and thats why I have deemed it fit to inform you.Do communcate me from here henceforth. Thanks for your understanding.

Whats the situation presently?Have you communicated with African Security Consult regarding the issue of the charges?They have to clarify us on this you know.

I am still waiting for news from you and may you live in interesting times. Do give your family my best. My mother sends her regards too.

Yours truly

John

Subject: RE: Account

Sir,

Further to your email of yesterday, we wish to clarify as follows:

1.Contract Fee is a commitment fee charged by our firm on deposits.This covers handling charges at the time the material was deposited with us.We also insure all items deposited in our care.All these and other pre dposit activities are inclusive of Contract Fee.It is exclusive of the deposit and demmurage charges.If you check copy of the Deposit/Contract Agreement, you will notice
that US$2000 was paid as part payment of the charges.This is standard practise here.

2.We are sorry for the mix-up in calculation of the charges.We are a human instiution.This is the current charges;

Deposit Charges; 365 days + 182 days +68 days = 615 days= US$24,600.00

Demmurage Charges; 68 days US$ 1,360.00
-------------
Total; US$25,960.00

Less US$ 2,000.00
-------------

Total Outstanding; US$23,960.00
============

We hope this meets your expectations.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr.Eugene Quansah(JP)
(Director)

Subject: RE: My new address!!

Hi John,

I received the signed agreement and have been in touch with the security company and await their reply.

Regards to your mother.

Callum

Date: July 15
Subject: Re: What’s the situation?

Hi John,

I have heard back from the security company and will be arranging to make some funds available to cover the charges which they have now explained to me. This may take a few days as buying the new house means I haven't that much cash at the bank, so I will have to sell off some investments. Are you able to recommend a local bank where I could open an account and transfer the funds to so that I can access it when I arrive? It's going to be hard to take this much cash out of my country without a lot of paperwork and questions.

Callum

Date: July 16
Subject: Development!!

Dear Callum

Greetings to you and thank you very much for your effort to hasten this transaction up.My mother is happy that you are helping us.

I checked the banks in Accra today and the information I got was that it will be difficult opening an account from outside unless you are in person.I checked all the banks.I think the best alternative from the checks I made is for you to transfer the money through Western Union Money Transfer in your name to Accra so that you can cash same when you arrive here.You may send in two installments and carry a little on you.

What will happen is that you will just cash the money at Western Union office upon your arrival here.Note too that you will be needing a visa to come into Ghana.

Regards

John

Date: July 19
Subject: RE: Development!!

Hi John,

I've spoken to my broker and he is has put some shares on the market. I will let you know when they have sold and will send the proceeds to Western Union in Accra. Do you know how they make sure the money will be there for when I arrive and how I should claim it?

Callum

Date: July 19
Subject: Update!!

Dear Callum,

Greetings from my mother.I checked the local Western Union Money Transfer office in Accra today and I was informed that once you send the money in your name, the money can only be claimed by you and nobody else.

I was also informed that you will need your international passport to identify yourself at the their office before you cash the money.They also said that you will be given a control number that only you will be in possession of.They said you can confirm
from their office where you are sending from for immediate confirmation that the money has been transfered.

Hope to have informed you sufficiently and have a great day ahead.

Regards

John

Date: July 22
Subject: RE: Update!!

John,

I have received confirmation that my broker has raised sufficient funds by selling some shares and I have instructed him to transfer the money directly to Western Union on my behalf once the paperwork is been completed.

Callum

Date: July 22
Subject: Glad to hear from you!

Dear Callum,

Greetings to you and how are members of your family? I am in receipt of your mail and I must commend your effort towards actualising this project.Please, I await your coming in earnest.Have you filed in your papers for visa?

My mother sends her regards and we look forward to meeting you soon.Have a good day Callum and give your family our best.

Regards

John

Date: July 26
Subject: Please do me a favor

Hi John,

I'm having trouble organizing a visa as there is no Ghana embassy in New Zealand and it needs to go through Tokyo. I need the name address and telephone number of two references in Ghana. Could you please fill in that part of the form and send back to me.

Callum

Date: July 28
Subject: Re: Please do me a favor

Dear Callum,

Gretings and how are members of your family?Please see below the names for the purpose.

Use this name and address:
Mr. Michael Okyere
House No.8 Adjei Donkor,street
Off christian center, East Legon
Accra.
Tel: 233-24-4077780

Mr.Paul Bentil
Managing Director,
Prism Environmental Services
Plot 52 Airport, West
Accra..

You may also send copies of your International Passport for Cable Visa.This will take only 48 hours.This is if you are finding it difficult securing a visa.I checked at the immigration and realised that Cable Visa is possible.Use this if there is a delay in Visa.It is also a good alternative.Do inform me of your decision as soon as possible.

Cable Visa as I learnt is always issued to individuals coming from countries where Ghana has no Embassy as in your case.With it you can come into the country to stay for a minimum of 30 days.

Have a splendid week ahead.

Regards

John

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009

Last edited by callum on Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
callum

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Time to introduce my lawyer...

Subject: RE: Transaction Details & Documents

Dear John,

I have been called away on urgent business, the nature of which will likely prevent me from accessing my email due to the security measures at the job site (no personal computers, cell phones, or unmonitored internet access). I do not know for how long this will be, possibly a few weeks. It's a long story which I won't bore you with.

In order to keep things moving I have asked my private counsel, Major Bloodnok, to make sure that matters are attended to including my visa. If you need to contact him his email is [email protected]

Sorry about all this but it can't be avoided. I will be back in touch as soon as I am able.

Regards,

Callum

Subject: RE: Transaction Details & Documents

Dear Callum,

Greetings and how are you today?I am in receipt of your mail and I must confess I was indeed taken by the turn up of events.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate your person and I must say here, that I am grateful that fate brought us together on this.I wish you the best and pray that you will not let me and my mother off your mind.You are our only hope to get back on stream and I look forward to meeting you soon.

I will be intouch from time to time with your private counsel as you advised but please take care of yourself for us.My mother sends her best wishes too.

Thanks and have a good day.

Regards

John

To: Major D Bloodnok
Date: July 29
Subject: I am John Tika!!

Dear Major Bloodnok,

Greetings Sir.I have been instructed to get in touch with you by Mr.Callum Mcreid, your client.He informed me that you are in the know of the transaction and you will be communicating me on any development concerning the the transaction.That is, his visa application etc

I am at your service and would endeavour to be in touch with you every now and then.If you need putting through, I would be willing to do so.

When is Mr.Callum likely to be fully disposed to travel down here?Please do prevail on him too about the urgency this matter needs.

Thanks Sir

Yours truly

John Tika

Dear Sir,

Could you kindly furnish me with a number I can reach
you anytime?Thanks

Yours truly

John Tika

Dear Sir,

I am receipt of you communication and Callum has indeed instructed me to ensure that the matter of business presently between yourselves moves forward in a most expeditious manner. In order for you be fully informed of the current status of the transaction
please note the following;

1) Visa Application
As you may aware there is no Ghanan embassy here in New Zealand and all applications must be made through Tokyo, Japan. The necessary paperwork has been completed by Callum and has been sent by international courier.

2) Time Frame
The visa application has been made on the provisional basis that Callum will be able to travel during or about week 36 pending the satisfactory resolution of his current secular position.

3) Fiscal Considerations
I believe that Callum has instructed that the proceeds of partial investment liquidation be telegraphically transferred to Western Union in Accra. Please confirm that this is the case.

With regard to the pending transfer of funds;

4) Characteristic of Funds
From my understanding of the co-operation agreement the funds involved in this matter total $30,000,000.00 (Thirty million dollars only). The agreement states that these funds are currently in the form of 'family treasures'. In order for the necessary arrangements for the receipt of these items into the country through the proper authorized channels to be made I require a more detailed description of what can be expected. I shall also require to be informed of the currency unit used in obtaining the abovementioned valuation.

I await your response to the above matters.

Your faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Bannister House
Huckney Place
East Finchley 1703
Aotearoa

Date: August 3
Subject: Thanks

Dear Sir,

Greetings.

I appreciate the steps Callum has taken so far in ensuring he arrives in Ghana for the successful conclusion of this deal.

I deduced from your mail that Callum will be here on or before the 1st week of September.Am I right?When do you think his Visa will be ready?

It is indeed true that Callum has instructed for the transfer of the proceeds as you stated to Western Union Accra(according to what he wrote to me).It is important that he transfers the money in his name so that he can cash same in Accra, Ghana upon his arrival.

The total fund is US$30,000,000.00 and deposited as 'family treasures to avoid prying eyes.Upon the arrival of Callum in Ghana, we shall open a bank account in Callum's name, then visit the Security Company to take delivery of the SAFE containing the
fund.We shall then proceed to the bank and deposit the fund.Callum will then issue instructions for installmental transfer of the fund to his account in New Zealand(3 or 4 installments).

Please do keep me posted.

Thanks

Truly yours

John Tika

Date: August 5
Subject: Re: Thanks

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your prompt response to my correspondence.

I have been in contact with the Ghanan embassy in Tokyo and have been informed that the outcome of the visa application may not be known for another 6-8 working days. I shall inform you of the outcome.

I have spoken to Callum's share broker and they have confirmed that the funds have been deposited. I have a copy of the receipt, however it is not possible for me to confirm successful completion of the transfer from here. I have received no notification either way and so can only assume the it was made successfully. Is it possible for you to contact Western Union in Accra and confirm that the transfer has taken place?

With regard to the form of funds involved, I require greater detail of the type of 'family treasure' involved. Banking and commerce regulations will require to submit a declaration outlining the original nature of funds transferred and methodology of acquirement. This is one of the measures our government has taken to prevent New Zealand from being used as a place to launder the proceeds of drug or armaments dealing. The methodology I can provide myself, but I shall require a brief description of the type items and quantity involved. It will assist matters greatly if I can collate this necessary information ahead of the time of actual transaction
otherwise questions could be asked and delays incurred.

I trust you be able to assist in this regard and I await your response.

Yours faithfully,

===
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Date: August 9
Subject: Response Required

Dear Sir,

I await you attention to my previous email concerning matters regarding the transaction. Callum has instructed myself to keep things moving forward expeditiously during his absence, for which I require your cooperation as I am sure you understand.

Your faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Date: August 10
Subject: Sorry responding late Sir!!!

Dear Dennis Bloodnok,

Thanks for your last two emails.The delay in responding had to do with my mother's ill health.She has been under intensive care for days now.It is good to hear that you are following things up in Callum's absence.I can not be able to check at the Western Union office in Accra unless I have the information in the transfer reciept.But I believe the Western Union office in your country can inform you of the status of the transfer.

The detail of 'family Treasures' involved has been explained exhaustively to Callum previously.All declaration about origin and method of acquirement was taken care of by late father.According to information he made available to myself and my mother before hewas murdered, a certificate of origin and anti-terrorist clearance certificate is embedded inside the SAFE.We have no problem with regards to transfer of the 'family treasures' to your country.

All other disclosures you require has already been brought to the full knowledge of Callum.You can still make your comments if you so wish Sir.I must also bring to your notice that the term 'family treasures'was put forward by Callum in order to protect
our interests. If you study the Draft of Co-operation Agreement you signed as a witness for Callum,you will come to see that the "fund" in question was now termed 'family treasures'.He said it was important it remained this way till the transaction is concluded.

I must also reiterate there is nothing to worry about as as everything will eventually fall into place by the time you people are here.All I crave for is your patience and understanding.

Please do keep me posted with the with the status of the visa and when Callum is likely to be back in town.Thanks and may you live in interesting times.

Regards

John Tika

Date: August 12
Subject: Sorry responding late Sir!!!

Dear Sir,

I am indeed sorry to hear that your mother has taken ill. I believe she was ill a short time ago also. I do hope this is not an ongoing problem and that she recovers quickly. What is her sickness may I ask?

My staff is having difficulties with regard to tracking the Western Union transfer, apparently the systems used for tracking vary according to the region and the New Zealand system is a little different to the African one and the local operators are having difficulty figuring it out. Will it help if I have a copy of the receipt forwarded to you?

I managed to speak to Callum last night as the entity he is working for shouted the boys a drink off-site in consideration of their efforts so far. He can recall no exhaustive explanation as to the nature or origin of the family treasures, other than the fact they were obtained by your late father possibly during his days in the logging industry.

While both Callum and myself understand that you may have no problems with the transfer of these to New Zealand, there could well be considerable ramifications if he does do not carry this business through in the correct manner at this end. If certificates are available then I shall require copies of these as soon as possible.

With regard to the visa, I must make a note and get in further contact with the Tokyo embassy this evening.

I trust you will be able to provide the necessary details expeditiously. Please give my regards to your mother.

Your faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Date: August 13

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your concern over the the health of my mother.She had fibiods which was diagnosed earlier but said to be in its benign stage but has already been operated on someime ago and most recently after my fathers death, she was informed by the doctors after a prolonged sickness that her kidney was infected and that it has been the cause of her prolonged ill-health.She is undergoing what the doctors termed dialysis presently.Please do spare a prayer for her.So much complications that leaves me bereft of ideas.I pray fervently that all goes well with her.I would be lost if I must say this if I go on to lose her.I pray it never happens.

With regards to the Western Union confirmation, you may forward the receipt to me to check if I can do the confirmation here.

The certificate of origin and anti-terrorist clearance certificate is inside the SAFE and we can only only access the copy of the documents when the SAFE is opened.I have the combination of the lock of the SAFE but I can not open the it unless we take delivery.My father told us about this before he was murdered.The only option is for me to go to the government offices in charge of issuance of the certification to see if they can avail me of their file copies.I am not sure if they can make this available to me but if you insist I will try on Monday to know if it will be possible.The nature of the family treasure is known to Callum and that is the basis of the commencement of the transaction.I can also remember stating it to you that what was in the safe was money in United Sates Dollars but on Callums suggestion, he instructed that we refer to the issue or the term money as "family treasure". Hope you get my drift.He said it was for security reasons.

I acknowledge the fact that you are his Attorney, but I have made this disclosure to him and he is fully abreast of it.So I am surprised that he told you he does not know the nature of the "family treasure".My father was in the logging industry as well being a government contractor.Myself, my mother and all matters concerning my family are open to scrutiny.

I think that when Callum visits here and see the whole thing, he will know how to go about it.Above all, he would have to open up a bank account here where the funds ("family treasure") would be paid in and from here subsequently issue wire instructions to his
nominated bank abroad.I think that international transactions are of the same standard in this global village especially with the nature of 'family treasure ‘ we are talking about.

Ghana as a country is relatively small in number of population but it has an emerging market that has attracted many multi-nationals to it. They have a flexible monetary policy. Monies of this nature can easily be moved out of the system no doubt. On the
streets of Ghana, you can see foreigners, Asians, Americans even students. Here too there is a big port, which serves as a hub in West Africa, what this means is that there is increased trade all around.

These multi-nationals are paying in money steadily to the bank in either hard currency or in cedi equivalent. So, Callum flying down and paying this money ("family treasure") into the bank when we take delivery of the SAFE from the Security Company, would not and never pose a problem. Hope you get my drift. You foreigners are respected here.

Give me information on the status of the visa.I await to hear from you.

Regards

John Tika

Date: August 17
Subject: Why the silence?!

Dear Sir,

Greetings and how are you? Please could you kindly reconfirm to me if you did get my last mail?I am still waiting for news from you. Do keep me posted. My regards to Callum anytime you are able to get him on phone.Thanks

Regards

John Tika

Date: August 12
Subject: Forthcoming Progress

Dear Sir,

Sorry for not replying to you sooner but I was snowed in on the Desert Road while traveling on other business. The army had to send some trucks and pick up the stranded motorists to ensure we didn't freeze to death and it was two days before the road was
re-opened.

I have attached a scan of the Western Union receipt for your reference. If you are able to look into this for me I would very much appreciate it.

With regard to the certificate of origin and anti-terrorist clearance, I do understand what you saying. However Callum was not fully aware of the legal parameters we would have to be dealing with at our end as the laws have changed somewhat in recent years to provide additional safeguards, or so the government says, particularly where larger sums areinvolved. I realize it is an annoyance for all of us, but there some things that can't be avoided. As Milton said, death and taxes affect us all.

I would prefer to have file copies of this documentation at hand if at all possible. It is always good to be prepared for any eventuality, and covering all bases at this early stage will allow matters to move ahead at pace during the actual conduction of
business.

I have good news with regard to the Visa, it has been granted for travel between the 8th of September and 20th of October. It's usually only for 4 weeks but I came to an arrangement to allow 6 weeks just in case.

Things are now starting to fall into place.

Yours faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

WU Receipt

Date: August 21
Subject: Re: Forthcoming Progress

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

I took the copy of the Western Union Transfer receipt to the local office here and they could not confirm the transfer.According to them, the details of the transaction is not in their system.What this means is that the money has not been sent.Please you have to
refer same to Callum and his broker also.

I went to the Ministry of Interior to make inquiry about the file copies of the clearance documents.I was asked to come on monday for directive on the Agencies that are really responsible.From the impression I got it might take a while.I will keep you posted on this.

Kindly verify quickly from the Western Union office in your country.Wishing you a lovely weekend and do give your loved ones my best.

Regards

John Tika

Date: August 23
Subject: Re: Forthcoming Progress

Dear John,

I am surprised that there is no record of the transaction at your local office. I am grateful that you have been able to try to determine this for us as it would have been most inconvenient not to say embarrassing if we were to arrive and not have access to any funds. I haven't been able to contact Callum yet but I will get in touch with the broker and local Western Union office first thing this morning to find out just what has happened in this regard.

Concerning the other matter of documentation I appreciate your efforts and look forward to your further report. If any costs are involved please make sure that you obtain a receipt or invoice so that I can arrange for reimbursement of your expenses. Was there any incurrance of charges at Western Union for your inquiry?

Give my regards to your mother and I am sure Callum would like his to be conveyed as well.

Yours faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Missing email from John

Date: August 23
Subject: Transfer & Documentation

Dear Sir,

I have been in communication with the broker and Western Union here in New Zealand, and there is rather a lot of confusion as to exactly what has happened with the transfer, and as yet I have not been supplied with any reasonable explanation as to why. At this point in time it appears that an incompatibility in Western Union's tracking system software between here and Accra could be the cause, but they are still investigating the matter. In the meantime I have entered a refund claim for the money in question and it sounds like this should be paid back to Callum's brokerage account this week. I will keep you informed.

With regard to the documentation you were going to locate within the appropriate government or statutory records, has any progress been forthcoming? If you need any assistance whether it be a letter of authority or whatever modality your local officials need in order to keep matters moving along, please do not hesitate to ask.

Yours faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Callum resurfaces, albeit briefly

Date: August 26
Subject: Hello

Hi John,

How's it going? They've let us out for a drink as we're starting to get a bit stressed and crazy in there with all the security and the timeframe we're working too. One of the programmers went berserk with a laser printer. It was kind of funny though watching the supervisors arguing over how to put out the fire. Can't say much more as it's all very hush hush work. I've managed to slip away from the watchful eye of the security personnel for a second (they think I'm still in the toilet) and am surfing on the publicans computer. But I'd better make it quick and go and make the most of this and get well and truly drunk as they're buying and we deserve it.

I hope that Dennis has been able to keep things moving in my absence. He can be a stickler for details at times, but that's why I bought him on board. I've never run into any trouble when he's been there to help. The funds should be there for me by now, along with the visa so as soon as I'm done here I will make travel arrangements. How is your mother by the way? Pass my regards to her.

Hopefully we'll finish in a week or so and I'll be back in the civilian world. I think I should plan on shit someones coming, gotta go

Date: August 27
Subject: So glad to hear from you!!

Hi Callum,

To be candid I have been in high spirits after I read your mail.How is your work?I am so happy reading from you again and having read in between the lines, I can really say you are in good and high spirits.May the Good Lord bless your endeavours.

My mothers health is stable if I must say and she sends her warm regards. Well, I must say we are making progress and I have come to understand very well, your friend Dennis. He is a stickler to details and I must commend him for that.You do have quite a guy there. He is an intellectual if I must say and so very thorough.Thats an asset you know.

He made mention that your visa has been issued for your trip to Ghana in the month of September but theother day too, he made me to understand that the funds you requested your broker to send on your name to Western Union Accra,Ghana has no records of such transactions in their office in your country and in Ghana.

Dennis, wrote me and requested I check out from the Western Union Ghana, if such transaction reflected in their system.He scanned a copy of the slip which I downloaded and took to their office. This I did but also got a negative answer as there was no record of such after I made enquiries. This development I have also passed on to Dennis, which he promised to look into and subsequently get back to me.

I hope you are having the best of time at your work place.I do pray fervently that you will make it to Ghana.I look forward to meeting you soon and all the best in your endeavours.

Have a lovely weekend and stay blessed.

Regards

John

Date: August 30
Subject: re: Transfer & Documentation

Dear Sir,

I have been at the relevant government agencies and the procedure involves money. They requested a sworn affidavit from me and there is a fee payable on application.The affidavit will cost US$650.00 while the application fees for both the Ministry of Interior and the Narcotics Control Board are US$1,400 and US$2,050 respectively.The total is US$4,100.00

At the moment my mother is still in the hospital and the little we have is being spent on her medications.I have a cash of US$1000.00 at the moment for myself and my mother's hospital expenses.I need you to help in this regard.The officials informed me that it will take 48 hours to get the document copies once all procedures are followed.

Kindly revert back to me soon so that I know what to do.

Regards

John Tika

Date: September 1
Subject: Re: Transfer & Documentation

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your making these inquiries on our behalf. As far as the fees are concerned, I may to find some alternative method of transferring some funds as Western Union still haven't resolved the issue Callum's broker had with the first attempt. In fact, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to take a copy of the receipt to Western Union again in Accra and actually have someone write on it that it appears to be incorrect and send it back to me. They are being a bit awkward at this end and this would
assist me in claiming for the missing funds.

Is there anyone at either the Ministry of the Interior or Narcotics Control Board that I should contact in order to see if there is some ways or means of moving things along or reducing the charges applicable if you know what I mean. Sometimes a word in the right ear or other 'communication' at the right time can assist the untangling of the bureaucratic red tape.

Your faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Date: September 2
Subject: re: Transfer & Documentation

Dear Dennis Bloodnok,

Thank you for your mail.The inquiries I made will benefit both parties and as such there is no need for special thanks.

I am amazed that money 'transfered' by Callum's broker is missing.The Western Union office in Accra told me specifically that the scenario you stated in your mail is impossible.They said even if there was a mistake, all the broker need to do is to go to the Western Union office and ask for recall of fund which could take only 30 minutes to accomplish.It is either money was transfered by the broker or no money was transfered.Sort this out with the broker and know the real situation.

Concerning the charges at the Ministry of Interior and the Narcotics Control Board, I sincerely think that the cost of US$4,100 is really wasteful expenditure on our part.I told you earlier that copies are inside the SAFE containing the money but you insisted on getting a copy from Government Agencies.These charges are fixed and not specifically for this case.It is like gazzeted.I reject the idea of you contacting the agencies because I do not know the manner you will present yourself to them.I do not want anything that
will jeopardise this fund..

You have not spoken to me on phone and you have not provided me with your phone number.If you do not want to provide me with your phone number, I will assume you are not being straight with me on this matter. I made mention of your number in one of my mails to you but over-looked it.Why?The stage this matter is, is making me apprehensive.I am really at home with you and Callum but a lot has to be unfolded.

I have bared all to you and Callum and I have been sincerely working on this with you.I have done everything humanly possible to put this matter on the threshold of success and I know time will vindicate me. I will wait for news from you and may you live in
interesting times.

Regards

John Tika

Date: September 2
Subject: Re: Transfer & Documentation

Dear Sir,

I am afraid that your local Western Union office obviously are not very experienced in receiving transactions from this part of the world. I have been able to talk to the representing association manager, Mr John D Collicut, here in Auckland over lunch just an hour ago and sort this out. It seems that there is a fault at both ends. John told me that the agent at this end, new Zealand Post, should not have accepted the transfer in the first place as it was from a commercial source. The New Zealand union is not authorized by Western Union USA to make commercial transfers, only private ones, as can be confirmed by checking their website. They should never have entered the transfer and although the computer system detected and stopped it on the commercial basis, notification was not forwarded to either the broker or Accra, which is why they appear to know nothing about it at your end.

Anyway, we have now established what happened and can once again move forward. However I need to determine a best alternative means of getting the funds to Ghana for Callum's use. If we have the broker pay out in cash or local transfer, the IRD will become aware and levy a 33% tax which Callum has not allowed for.

I agree that $4100 may seem excessive but rest assured that the peace of mind of my client comes foremost. Leave it with me and I will investigate if there is some means around this issue open to us at our end. I have a few well placed contacts from my days as
serving as QC.

As I have explained previously, I do not believe that insecure telephone conversation's are the course of wisdom at this time due to the possibility of monitoring by various agencies. However here is a number where I can be reached during the day, +64-9-480-1279. If I should happen to be unavailable then I can only suggest that we set up an Internet voice mail or chat. Rest assured that there is no need for any apprehension on your part.

By the way, I believe Callum was expecting to finish his assignment about now, so hopefully I will able to speak to him shortly and discuss where we are at present and the future direction of this matter.

Yours faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

And here he just sends email after email, I think he's desperate for some company...

Date: September 7
Subject: Update!

Dear Dennis Bloodnok,

Greetings to you and members of your family.I am happy that the Western Union issue has been sorted out and we can thus, move ahead on this.When is Callum likely to come in and when are you looking at for Callum to be here in Accra,Ghana? Do remember that his visa is valid for the month of September you know.

I called to your line early this morning my time but it rang all through and rang out.I understand your reasons too of keeping this matter out of the prying eyes of authorities but I must be assured too that this project will be concluded this month.Please Sir, whats the present situation if I may ask?

One more thing too, you made mention of meeting one or two people as regards this matter but I must say here that you have to be more careful and not disclose this anywhere in order not to compromise yourself the transaction or me.I do hope you catch my drift.I am more at home with just you, Callum and me know about this till its successful conclusion.

I must say here that my mums state of health is not too welcoming and is nothing to write home about.I have always believed that proper medical attention would be given outside the shores of Africa than here.That is why I pray fervently each passing day that all goes well and we would all be able to conclude.

Whatever the case, I know we will prevail come what may.Please I will wait for favorable news from you and may you live once more in interesting times.

Have a blessed week ahead and do give my best to your loved ones.

Regards

John Tika

Date: September 12
Subject: Why the silence?

Dear Dennis Bloodnok,

Greetings and how are you?I have not heard from you about a week now and I am getting worried.Whats the situation of things presently?Your silence is rather un-nerving. Please do keep posted to put my mind to rest.Is Callum still making the trip this month?

I have written a mail to Callum too.Is he back at the moment? I await news from you Sir.Have a blessed week and my regards to your loved ones.My mother sends her regards too.

Thanks

John Tika

Subject: Hello!!

Hello Callum,

Good day and how are you?I have been praying fervently that the Good Lord leads you on in life. How is the project going? I was made to understand by Dennis that you could possibly be home this week and I decided to drop you a line.

There has been some irregularities with the transfer made out in your name at Western Union and the money as a matter of fact is not in Western Union Accra,Ghana.

This has been identified by Dennis and he assured me that he is working on it.I do pray its sorted out on time.

I look forward to meeting you soon and my mother sends her regards.Please do give my best to your loved ones and may you live in interesting times.

Regards

John

Subject: Re: Why the silence?

Dear Sir,

My apologies for the lack of correspondence, but I was called to give evidence before the courts in a rather long standing case that goes back some years.

Callum is back in town and I have arranged to meet him tonight for a drink or two. No doubt we shall discuss business and get back to you.

Yours faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Date: September 14
Subject: Welcome Back!!

Dear Callum,

Greetings to you and members of your family and how are you this morning?I was made to understand by Dennis, that you are back presently .How was the program you went for?Hope everything turned out well?

Please I am indeed sorry if I am sounding too forward but I may wish to ask you what the situation of things are presently?I know you are just settling down but I must confess that I am becoming so apprehensive by the day.

Yesterday after I conferred with a reputable banker of note, I was made to understand that funds can be paid into a nominated bank account here and such money in that account can also be called for from anywhere in the world by the owner.This can be done in piece-meal.

Please I would advise you put me in the know of your itinerary so I would have before-hand the date and time you will arrive here.

My mothers health though stable for sometime now is taking a down turn as thoughts of this matter has greatly kept her mind brooding.She is worried but I have assured her that all would be well.She is uncomfortable though.

Please brother Callum, you can expedite this matter as I believe the ball is in your court.How is the Western Union thing going?Has it been finally sorted out?When are you looking at to be here in Ghana?

Please we hope so much on your coming so that we can breathe a new lease of life by the time the funds are transferred.Delay I must say at this point is not healthy.Just tell me how you intend to go about this Callum?

I will wait for favorable news from you and may the good Lord guide and abide in you and members of your family.

Regards

John

Date: September 16

Dear Dennis Bloodnok,

Greetings to you sir and how are you?I hope you were able to get in touch with Callum.Whats the present situation? The silence from both ends is rather un-nerving to say the least.Whats my stance please? I need to hear from you every now and then.That would surely give me a sense of belonging.

Every other day I look at my mum and I pray help comes soonest but with the way things are turning out I am indeed afraid if there is going to be a headway.I have written Callum two mails working on the information you passed on to me that he was back in town and I have not heard from him.Hope he is in good health.

Please Sir, I am a young man with so huge a responsibility and it is weighing me down greatly.I have no other hope other than the money kept by my father in this security firm and it is what we are hoping on to come back on stream.

My mother cannot get good medical attention down here and with funds in my hand I can move things forward.All I crave for here is your clients understanding so we can move on.

Please do get back to me asap.

Cheers

John

Missing one of emails, slack record keeping on this one. But it was just of the "Hello I'm back, what next" variety

Date: September 17
Subject: Hotel Details

Hello Callum,

Greetings and how are members of your family?I am really glad hearing from you.I really knew you had a lot of catching up to do though.But please bro, lets stay in touch often more especially this little period prior to the time you will come in.This as you know would give me a sense of belonging.

The hotel is :ASCENSION HOTEL, EAST LEGON ACCRA, GHANA

TEL:233 21 517452, FAX:233 21 517455
RATE:82.00 EUROS FOR DOUBLE ROOM.

You can go ahead and make your reservations from there or if you so wish I can do just that for you.But its better done from there.

The place is okay and would be suitable for your stay and this purpose.Their cuisines are of International standards and I still feel the are moderate in their rates.The environment too is hygienic and I believe you will okay it by the time you are here.

When are you looking at to be here?Please I know that it is not just easy for you more especially co-ordinating all these but all I have to say here is that the Lord is your strength.Time I believe will vindicate us.

I look forward to seeing you soon and please do keep me informed of your itinerary. Have a splendid weekend and give my best to your loved ones.

Thanks for everything Callum,my mother sends her regards too.

John

Date: September 22

Dear Callum,

Greetings once more and how are you today? I hope you received my last mail to you where I furnished you information of the Hotel? If yes, please notify me if you have made reservations.

What is the present state of things at your end and when are you looking at to be here?Please note too that this is the last days of the month of September and I would want to have a likely date of your arrival here.

Please, keep me informed on how you are going about things and extend my regards to Dennis.We are doing fine just waiting for you to come in.

I will wait for news and may you live in interesting times.Stay blessed.

Regards

John

Date: September 25
Subject: Your Silence!!

Hello Callum,

How are you and members of your family? Please how is it going with the travel arrangements and whats the status of your preparation to be here?

Please brother,there is need to keep me updated on things so I do not feel left out. I am human you know and judging from the condition I find myself lately,I am always apprehensive that my not concluding this deal successfully would jeopardise the chances of my mother and myself getting back on stream again in life.

I also understand that it would not be that easy for you too, especially making arrangements under probably a tight schedule and coupled with the fact too that you are coming to a place you have not been before.It is quite a distance though but I believe there is
always a first time in life.By the time you are here and see the money and talk about it,you will appreciate me better.Life is like that.

One thing for sure I must say here in all candor, is that you will never regret coming into this and every machinery too have been put into place to see that this transaction is concluded well.

I am still waiting for your travel itinerary and do tell me in your next mail if the reservation has been placed by you.I look forward to hearing from you before the weekend elapses.

Thanks bro, and do have a splendid weekend.Give my best to your loved ones and may you live in interesting times.

Cheers

John

Hello Dennis,

Greetings and how are you and members of your family? Please Sir, If I may ask, whats the present situation of things at the moment?Is Callum still making this trip or not?

I say this because he wrote me a mail on the 17th of September acknowledging his return and asked if I could get him a hotel where he could make his reservations.This I did and I have not heard from him again.Today is the 25th and I am wondering when he is coming in.

Please there is need to keep me updated on things so I do not feel left out. I am human you know and judging from the condition I find myself lately,I am always apprehensive that my not concluding this deal successfully would jeopardise the chances of my mother and myself getting back on stream again in life.

I would want to know from you Dennis, if this matter would be concluded or not. The silence I must confess, is rather un-nerving.

Please I wait for your comments.My mother sends her regards too.

Have a splendid weekend and do give my best to your loved ones.

Cheers

John

Subject: Contacts

Hello Callum,

Please can I have a number I can reach you on? You can reach me anytime on this number,233-244-722069.

I will wait for news from you.

John

Date: September 26
Subject: Re: Update!!

Dear John,

I am surprised that Callum has not been in touch with you as yet. He is still intending to travel and the visa remains current. I do know he was planning to go away for a few days rest before getting into the details so I would think that this is most likely the
case. If I hear otherwise I will let you know.

Yours faithfully,

=====
Major Dennis Bloodnok
DAI QBe BCom(Hons)

Date: September 28
Subject: Thanks

Dear Dennis,

Greetings and how are you and members of your family?Thanks for your mail.Please could you try and get across to Callum to know the situation of things with him?

Do let me in the know of his arrangements.I kindly wait for an update.

My regards to your loved ones.Have a splendid night.

John

Date: October 1
Subject: Why the silence?

Hello Callum,

I am indeed surprised that you have not bothered to get in touch with me.No matter the back-drop of events and development, I believe as a friend that I am supposed to be informed.It is also obvious that you are not making the trip. I do have this vague feeling that something is not right.

If I may ask, what is the problem my friend?This is two weeks after your last mail concerning your reservation and you have not made any comments to this date. Why?

I would want you to inform me in your response if you are with me or not.This I believe would guide me you know.I would be able to make adequate decision regarding the transaction.Your keeping silent is not helping matters and you know it.

I do notdeserve this my friend.I so much believe in you and I do hope you get back to me.My regards to your loved ones.

Regards

John

Date: October 1
Subject: Re: Update!!

Dear Dennis Bloodnok,

I believe that someone is not telling the truth here.How come Callum wrote me a mail on the 17th of September and up till date I have written severally to him and no response.

I know he is town and it is obvious he is avoiding me.All I would want to know is why!!I have suffered a great deal and I never in my life thought that Callum could possibly fail me.

Please Dennis, I believe you have something you can tell me I do not know.Please whats happening?

I await news from you.

John Tika

Date: October 2

Dear John,

I apologise for my lack of recent communication but I have had a personal problem to deal with which has been quite distracting. I have asked Dennis to make sure that my visa can be extended as it was starting to run out of time, and now that I have settled the other matter I can focus back on our business together.

Please trust me, I'm deliberately trying to cause any delays, but life can be most awkward at times as I'm sure you have experienced yourself.

I will make some travel arrangements and get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Callum

[color=darkblue]From: John Tika
Date: October 6
Subject: Hello Callum!!

Hello Callum,

How are you and members of your family?I am in receipt of your mail and thanks.I pray that whatever it is,you are going through, you would eventually prevail.

Have you jump-started the process ofyour travel plans yet?Please if I may ask my bro, are you going to make it to Ghana this October?My mothers state of health is not good at the moment and I know that the only way forward for her is proper medical attention abroad.And this can be achieved when we are able to conclude and I have money in my hands.

Please Callum, you are our only hope of our coming back on stream and I pray fervently every other passing day that you will make it to Accra.

I will wait for news from you soonest and do give my best to your loved ones.Stay blessed.

Regards

John

Date: October 6
Subject: Hello Dennis!!

Hello Dennis,

How are you and members of your family? I hope you are all in good health and how is the legal profession getting on generally?

Well I have been able to hear from Callum,and he made me understand that he had problems which he needed to sort out which he assured me has been finally tidied up. No problem though but I have re-affirmed to him the need to be in touch every now and then to give me a sense of belonging. I am also wondering how long I am going to wait to conclude this matter.

Callum made mention too that you would take care of extending his visa as the present one is running out. Has that been sorted out at the moment? I have also forwarded to him the Hotel for him to make his reservations.I do not indeed know the extent he has gone on that

Sorry to be a bother Dennis, but I do believe you understand my predicament."He who wears the shoes knows where it pinches most".I also felt like dropping you a line and say hello to you.

I would wait for news from you and may you live in interesting times.

Regards

John Tika

Date: October 9
Subject: Your travel plans!!

Dear Callum McReid,

Greetings and how are you? Please I am still waiting for news from you.If I may ask, what are your travel plans presently and has the issue of your visa been worked on?When are you looking at to be here?

I must state here that you should endeavour to be here this month as this matter is a do or die affair for me.There would not be need for me following up in this matter if I am going to lose my mother by the time you are here.Her present state is that bad and I still
wonder when luck would be able to smile on us going by the present trend of things.

I must confess, that I am bereft of words as I indeed trust and believe in you to asssit us get back on stream.What then happens if you are not with me in this transaction? Funds I must confess are running precariously low on our side and I am afraid things are taking a turn for the worse. As I write you I am overwhelmed by tears considering my mothers unstable health and the blurred future ahead.

Please Callum, consider us because of her.If all this were things I could possibly do myself, I would not have been a bother to you.Thats the truth.But as it is, its obvious that we needed a foreigner to move this matter ahead and this is as instructed by my late
father before his death and that was why I contacted you.

I have bared all to you hoping and trusting that you will genuinely assist us and I pray fervently every other passing day that you will find favour to help us.

Every passing day my moter mumbles to me asking if my friend/associate abroad would ever be here to conclude this matter, and I have kept on assuring her that you will come, but I am greatly bothered because I must confess, your last mail was rather vague.Thats true brother.

Please tell me, how long more do I have to wait to get your next response?If you are in my shoes, you will understand this better.Your mails rarely come in Callum, and hearing from you on your arrangement,does give me a sense of belonging.Thats a fact you know.A week or two would obviously elapse before I can get to hear from you.It does un-nerves me.

I do understand your last mail very well, were you stated of certain constraints and I must say here Callum, that "the Lord is your strength".You shall eventually prevail.Time I believe will vindicate us.

Tell me in confidence Sir, your travel plans to Ghana.This I believe would soothe me and my mothers frayed nerves.Have you been able to make reservations?

May the Good Lord be with you and may you live in interesting times.Do have a funfilled weekend.

Regards

John

N/B:Please can you provide me with a number I can call you on?My mother wishes to talk to you.Thanks.[color]

Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
callum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, suppose I should try to get him to the airport

Date: October 10
Subject: Re: Your travel plans!!

Hi John,

It's been incredibly busy at the moment, the world has gone mad, hence the delay. I have booked flights and am awaiting for confirmation from the travel agent. Leaving here on October 25th. I'm not sure exactly what day or time I arrive, but I'll let you know.

I haven't been able to book the hotel, they seem to be thick. Can't get much sense out of them which is surprising. Not cooperative anyway. Do you think there will be any problem in finding accomodation when I arrive?

Regards to your mother. I hope she can hang in there.

Callum

Date: October 11

Hello Callum,

Greetings once more and how are you today? I am surprised you were not able to make reservations.Whatever the case, I would need a go ahead order from you for me to proceed and make reservations on your behalf from the end.

Accomodation I must say is important judging from the fact that Ghana is a tourist country and lots of expatriates come in and hotels are virtually booked.I would not want us facing that dilemma by the time you come in. Hope you catch my drift.That is why its important you get one. You can try calling the hotel one more time or you can as well fax them your inquiry.

Please Callum, I do appreciate all that you are doing for me and my mother amidst all the madness in the world over and I must confess here, that time will eventually vindicate us and by the time you are here and see the money and talk about it, you will appreciate me better.Life is like that.

All I pray for is that you stick to the travel plans of the date you mentioned and see that you are here before the end of the month.One thing though is that once you are here, it would not take us more than 2 to 3 bank working days to conclude.From taking delivery of the safe from the company and moving straight to the bank where you will pay in the funds into the account you will open up here.

Ghana as a country is relatively small in number of population but it has an emerging market that has attracted many multi-nationals to it. They have a flexible monetary policy. Monies of this nature can easily be moved out of the system no doubt. On the streets of Ghana, you can see foreigners, Asians, Americans even students. Here too there is a big port, which serves as a hub in West Africa, what this means is that there is increased trade all around. These multi-nationals are paying in money steadily to the bank in either hard currency or in cedi equivalent. So your flying down and paying this money into the bank when we take delivery of the safe from the Security Company, would not and never pose a problem. Hope you get my drift. You foreigners are respected here.

Do not forget we are in Africa, things that work here, most times are stunning to people of your calibre and status, but the truth is that here the impossible is made possible no doubt. Here no one is questioned while making in big payment, especially when you are foreign. Foreigners like you control the economy here and hence they are respected and seen as donors or potential investors.

Every machinery is in place for the smooth conclusion of this matter from this end and I must also assure you that we shall smile at the end of the day.

The matter here is that our continents are wide apart with differences in approach and perception of a particular matter or subject. I must vehemently say to you that I am very much at home with you and hope that the end will eventually vindicate us.This is my last chance of getting back on stream and putting an end to the pain suffered each passing day by my mother.

Finally you do not have anything to worry about, I have done all that is humanly possible to put this matter on the threshold of success. I have made extensive enquiries and all have fallen in place. I do pray for your patience and understanding.

Do spare a prayer for my mother and give your loved ones my best.Keep me posted of events.I wait for your response

Regards

John

Date: October 12
Subject: Flight Details - Auckland to Accra

Hi John,

My travel agent has confirmed the intinerary which I have forwarded below. Unfortunately I couldn't get a direct flight so it's a bit messy.

Accomodation looks like being a problem, but I would hope that travelling alone I should be able to find something without any trouble. I'll get back to you on this one.

I realise we should be able to settle matters quickly, but if I'm spending this much I may as well take some time to see the sights and get to know you and your family. I'm looking forward to it.

Callum

>===
>
>Provisional booking details
>
>McReid, Callum Moriarty
>Mr
>P O Box 58096, Green Mountain, Aotearoa
>
>Booking Ref. QATS-15970456
>(Please quote with any enquiries)
>
>SELECTED FLIGHTS - subject to availability ***
>________________________________________________________
>Outbound: Mon 25 October 04, 3 stop(s), Trip duration: 37h55
>---------------------------------------------------------
>Dep: 19:05 Mon, Terminal I, Auckland (AKL), Auckland, New Zealand
>Arr: 19:30 Mon, Terminal 1, Kingsford Smith (SYD), Sydney, Australia
>
>Non-stop
>Qantas Airways (QF 44)
>Airplane type - 743
>Business
>Connection: 19:30 Mon - 22:15 Mon
>Change plane
>Stop-over duration: 2h45
>Dep: 22:15 Mon, Terminal 1, Kingsford Smith (SYD), Sydney, Australia
>Arr: 12:15 Tue, Terminal 4, Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
>
>1 stop(s)
>British Airways (BA 7371)
>Airplane type - EQV
>Business
>Operated by another carrier
>Connection: 12:15 Tue - 14:10 Tue
>Change plane
>Stop-over duration: 1h55
>Dep: 14:10 Tue, Terminal 4, Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
>Arr: 20:00 Tue, Terminal , Kotoka (ACC), Accra, Ghana
>
>Non-stop
>British Airways (BA 81)
>Airplane type - 763
>Business
>Inbound: Fri 05 November 04, 2 stop(s), Trip duration: 48h35
>Dep: 23:30 Fri, Terminal , Kotoka (ACC), Accra, Ghana
>Arr: 06:40 Sat, Terminal 4, Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
>
>Non-stop
>British Airways (BA 7Cool
>Airplane type - 763
>Business
>Connection: 06:40 Sat - 20:25 Sat
>Change plane and terminal
>From: Terminal 4, Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
>to: Terminal 1, Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
>
>Stop-over duration: 13h45
>Dep: 20:25 Sat, Terminal 1, Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
>Arr: 16:10 Sun, Terminal , Hong Kong Int'l (HKG), Hong Kong, Hongkong
>
>Non-stop
>British Airways (BA 31)
>Airplane type - 744
>Business
>Connection: 16:10 Sun - 21:05 Sun
>Change plane
>Stop-over duration: 4h55
>Dep: 21:05 Sun, Terminal , Hong Kong Int'l (HKG), Hong Kong, Hongkong
>Arr: 13:05 Mon, Terminal I, Auckland (AKL), Auckland, New Zealand
>
>Non-stop
>British Airways (BA 4551)
>Airplane type - 343
>Business
>Operated by another carrier
>_________________________________________________________
>Price: NZD 15372.50 Total incl. taxes for adult(s) and child(ren), infant(s)
>Per adult
>Total: NZD 15372.50
>Fare: NZD 14875.00
>Tax: NZD 497.50
>
>
>===

Date: October 14
Subject: Accomodation !!

Dear Callum,

Greetings to you and members of your family.I am in receipt of your mail and I must inform you that this afternoon my time, I will proceed immediately to sort out your accomodation. I will make reservations for you at that same hotel.You must bear in mind too that the hotel management would pick you up at the airport once you arrive.This I believe is convenient.

I will wait for news from you.My regards to your loved ones.

Regards

John

Date: October 17
Subject: Reservation!!

Dear Callum,

Greetings and how are you today?I have have made reservations for you in the same hotel,

ASCENSION HOTEL, EAST LEGON ACCRA, GHANA
TEL:233 21 517452, FAX:233 21 517455.

They would be picking you up at the airport as it is always the routine here.Do keep me posted of your final itinerary.I look forward to seeing you soon.Hope to hear from you soonest.

Regards

John

Date: October 17
Subject: RE: Reservation!!

Hi John,

That's excellent, I was going to get back to you today or tomorrow to sort something out. Thanks for your help. My itinerary has been confirmed as per the previous information and the Major has the visa all sorted. I suppose I should start packing. What's the climate like at this time of year?

Could you just have the hotel email through confirmation of booking and rates so that I have everything at hand.

Thank again,

Callum

Date: October 19
Subject: RE: Reservation!!

Dear Callum,

Greetings once more and how are you and members of your family? I am okay and by myself and I thank the almighty today that we are alive.I am looking forward to seeing you soon.

The Climate is 28 degrees cent. The hotel is okay.I have concluded all arrangement with them with regards to your arrival.It is important now to be circumspect and ensure that everything moves on well as planned by keeping these to ourselves as much as possible.I also do not think it best to ask the hotel to contact you when it what is at involved is a simple case of booking into a hotel and checking in to the hotel.I have concluded that arrangement.

In alternative, if you want me to pick you up at the airport, I can as well meet you there and all of us will go to the hotel together.And if you do not like the hotel and wish to make alternative arrangement upon arrival, that will also be fine with me.

You should bear in mind that I have put every machinery in place to put this matter on the threshold of success. I will wait for your response as soon as possible and please extend my regards to Dennis.

Thanks

Regards

John

Date: October 21
Subject: Travel & Funds

Hi John,

I am just making final arrangements before I leave on Monday. Airfares, visa and passport all sorted. I pick the E-Tickets up at the airline desk when I check in.

As far as the amount of money I will need to access at your end to cover the fees and expenses, Dennis has given me a list, can you just make sure I have everything correct.

And just in case we need to get original copies of documents relating to the origin of the funds (hopefully there are some in the safe as you say) affidavit US$650.00, Ministry of Interior US1,400, Narcotics Control Board US$2,050 respectively. That's US$4,100

Accommodation EU$82/night for 10 nights, plus meals. How much should I allow for meals and sightseeing per day? US$100 enough to have a good time?

And I think the charges for African Security came to US$23,960 as of July 13th. I have lost the email for them, can you send it to me. I would just to like make sure I have everything covered.

That comes to almost exactly US$30,000. Fortunately our NZ$ is quite strong, so it's not going to present too much difficulty getting this organized. I'll carry some as cash (maybe a couple of grand)and the rest as bank drafts. What's the largest international bank in Accra?

See you soon,

Callum

Subject: RE: Travel & Funds

Hello Callum,

The email of the security company is [email protected]

With regards to the documents, they are in the SAFE and that is the situation.I inderstand your point, incase we need the original documents, the amount you quoted is in order.The other expenses as you said are in order.The amount of US$100 per day is a bit on the high side but I do not know your taste or lifestyle.

I suggest you contact the Security Company for final confirmation of the outstanding charges as at the 27th of October, 2004.

The largest international bank is Barclays Bank.I advise you send the money through Western Union Money Transfer to yourself so that you can cash here.My enquiries this morning has shown that it will be difficult cashing bank draft here and when that is
done , it will be at a huge discount.It is easier to cash Travellers Cheque than bank draft here.Even at that it is still at a huge discount.So I strongly suggest Western Union, but if it is too difficult for you, then Travellers cheque could be used.

Hope to have informed you sufficiently and do give my best to your loved ones.

Regards

John

Subject: Fees Outstanding

Dear Sirs,

Please confirm the total outstanding charges payable for security of the deposit account detailed below, which will be collected on or about the 27th of this month.

Deposit Number - 005278/002
Security Code - ASCG/01-F-70/002
Reference - ASCG/JA-46/01-002

Regards,

Callum McReid

Subject: RE: Travel & Funds

John,

I've sent an email to African Security to tidy everything up.

Given the trouble I had with Western Union last time, is there a Moneygram office handy?

How is your mother by the way?

Callum

Date: October 22
Subject: Update!!!

Hello Callum,

Greetings once more.My mother is just there and at least I know by the time we are through I would have to commence moving her to a better place abroad for good and intensive medical treatment.

There is MoneyGram here in Ghana. Thats a better alternative too.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

John

Date: October 22
Subject: RE: Outstanding Charges

Attn:Callum Mcreid

Sir,

We acknowledge the receipt of your email and the request you made in respect of the deposit information you provided.We recall that information on this was provided to you sometime in July, 2004.

Below is the updated outstanding charges:

Deposit Charges:19/07/04 �€“18/08/04 =31 days by US$40/day = US$1,240.00

19/08/04 - 18/09/04 =31 days by US$40/day =US$1.240.00

19/09/04 - 18/10/04 =30 days by US$40/day =US$1,200.00

19/10/04 - 27/10/04 = 9 days by US$40days =US$360.00

Demurrage Charges:19/07/04 - 27/10/04 =101 days by US$20/day=US$2,020.00

Total US$6,060.00

Outstanding as at 18/07/04 US$23,960.00

Grand Total outstanding with regards to 27/10/04 US$30,020.00

We hope this meets your expectations.

Yours faithfully,

Mr.Eugene Quansah

(Director)

Date: October 24
Subject: All is well

Hi John,

I've confirmed with the security company and everything is OK. Hopefully the flights will all be on time. I just need to get some US$ cash.

See you soon,

Callum

Date: October 25
Subject: RE: All is well

Hello Callum,

Greetings. I am in receipt of your mail and thanks.I do wish you journey mercies.Please this is a number you can get me from henceforth.

233-244-722069.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.Thanks

Regards

John

Date: October 27
Subject: Where are you Callum McReid?

Dear Callum McReid,

I am inded surprised I did not see you at the airport.I would need explanations as soon as possible.Hope to hear from you soon.

John

Don't really know if he went to meet me or not, doesn't sound all that upset, but then again he's always been nothing if not polite throughout.

Date: October 27
Subject: Your silence!!!!!!

Hello Callum McReid,

Greetings and how are members of your family?I am really surprised that I have not heard from you again as I was at the Airport all evening but I did not see anyone like you there.Whats all this a joke from onset?If yes, why?This is rather disheartening I must
confess.You would have saved us all the time by coming out openly and tell me that you can not proceed further in this matter than this very way.I am indeed confused at what you stand to gain with this development.

I am indeed distraught but all the same my fears have been confirmed as regards this partnership all the time.You have not been so sincere in dealing with me.you have known from onstart that you will not make this trip and I still wonder why you have this frame
Of mind.Dragging me all this whole months and making me believe you were with me.Its unchristian like.No one would have insulted you or rained abuses at you if you decided all that time ago not to be involved rather than taking me on a wide goose chase.

Think about the pain caused this woman.I made her stay up all day because we looked forward to meeting You.What a shame!! If you were so unsure of this matter he would asked for clarifications and I would have put him through or he would have backed out in a more glorious manner.What more is there to it?

I am waiting for your explanation and you should also tell me in finality your stance in this matter.Its a free world you know.Thanks all the same.

John

And there where I just left him hanging...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic