SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

some weird dead dude scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lol2173
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So this is what was sent to me: (IDK what to do) help please
This is a confidential proposal directed to you and I request that it be treated as such. I must solicit your
Confidentiality and assure you that I am contacting you in good faith and this proposal will be of mutual
benefit to us. I am Gary Summers, a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney/sole executor to a
deceased client of my chambers who shares a similar surname with you, who worked as an independent
oil magnate in my country, but died in a car crash with his immediate family in East London on the 9Th of
April 2006.
My late client a formal Sub-Comptroller working with Marathon Oil Corporation here in the United
Kingdom and had Left behind a deposit of Twelve Million Eight Hundred Thousand British Pounds Sterling
only (£12.8million) with a bank. After the death of my client, the finance company contacted me, as his
attorney to provide his Next of kin who should inherit his fortune this according to them is their policy in
sure circumstances.
Since the death of my client, I have written several letters to the embassy with intent to locate any of his
extended relatives whom shall be claimants/beneficiaries of his abandoned personal estate and all such
efforts have been to no avail. I had to inform the finance company about my fruitless effort in locating my
late client close relative or His next of kin.
The board of directors of the company just adopted a resolution and I was mandated to provide his next
of kin for the payment of this money within the next 15 official working days or forfeit the money as an
abandoned funds. The company had planned to invoke the abandoned property decree of the company
to confiscate the funds after the expiration of the period given me. Also I have received official letters in
the last two days suggesting a likely proceeding for confiscation of his abandoned personal assets in line
with existing laws of the institution.
Well I have reasons very professional and I can use a legal means to present a next of kin of my deceased
client. This is legally possible and would be done in accordance with the laws of the land. On this note I
decided to search for a credible person and finding that you bear a similar last name, I was urged to
contact you, that I may, with your consent, present you to the "Trustee" as my late client's family
members as to enable you put up a claim to the bank in that capacity as a next of kin of my client.
I find this possible for the fuller reasons that you are of the same nationality and you bear a similar last
name with my late client making it a lot easier for you to put up a claim in that capacity. I have all vital
documents that would confer you the legal right to make this claim and would make them available to
you so that the proceeds of this bank account valued at £12.8million can be paid to you before it gets
confiscated or declared unserviceable to the bank where this huge amount is lodged.
I do sincerely sympathize the death of my client but think it is unprofitable for his funds to be submitted
to the government of this country or some financial institution. My aim is to retrieve these funds and let it be claimed by the deceased family Lineage, etc. for this I seek your assistance since I have been unable to
locate the relatives for the past 7 years now.
I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name
giving you the advantage so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you and then both of us can
share the money, 60% to me and 40% to you. I know there might be other persons out there with the
same surname as my last client, but after a little check my instinct tells me to contact you. Can I trust you
on this? I shall assemble all the necessary documents that will be used to back up your claim.
I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any
breach of the law. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this proposal is hitch-free and that you
should not entertain any fears as the required arrangements have been made for the completion of this
transfer.
Like I said, I require only a solemn confidentiality on this. Please send your telephone and fax numbers to
my private email [email protected] to enable us discuss further on this transaction. If this proposal is
acceptable by you, do not take undue advantage of the trust I have bestowed in you, Thanks for your
understanding.
Regards,
Gary Summers
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I'm a bit confused as to what the question is here.

This is a standard Next of Kin (NOK) scam. It's one of the oldest 419 scam formats out there, and it really hasn't changed much over the years.

Quote:
and finding that you bear a similar last name

Note that the scammer avoids actually stating the name of the "deceased." That's because he has sent this email out to hundreds of people, and he plans to change the name to match yours. Some scammers do personalize this scam a bit more, and they actually choose a last name, then they either buy mailing lists or use online searches to find a pool of victims with that last name. Some use social networking sites like Facebook to message a bunch of people with the same last name.

Assuming that there are no signs that this was specific to you and your name, there's no reason not to bait it. You would bait this just like any other advance fee fraud. You're a little nervous, but basically compliant. You have your doubts, and need lots of reassurance. Maybe you want a bigger percentage because you're the one who will get in trouble if they find out you aren't really the next of kin.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the email came from a .edu address and the collage checks out. (it is in Kentucky)
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Notice that he asks you to reply to a different address.

That's because the .edu address was hacked or phished, and the scammer simply used it to spam his format. He knows he is going to lose the account (the mass mailing will trigger spam reports, and the school IT department will either lock him out and return the box to its owner, or close the mailbox entirely) so he directs his victim to reply to a different address he has created.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic