SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mother In Law getting scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Myaw Lin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello All!, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on this scam.
My Mother in Law is staying with my Husband and I, due to her health.
She was scammed about a year ago, by a "Albert Aurielo". I proved to her that she was getting scammed, by a simple picture drop in google & came back it was a Italian Business man. She already gave him $1000aud.
A year later she's still talking and sending him money via western union to him and 7 others. They have sent her 2 checks one for $2000 & $5000, to deposit into her account then electronically transfer to them. According to the Australian Federal Police, this is money laundering and they are using her as a "mule". She is a pensioner and sends all 8 of them money every fortnight and getting loans to give them money. 2 of these men are pretending to be FBI agents, using real photos of FBI agents. I contacted the AFP, who then fobbed me off to the FBI sub office in Sydney, who then fobbed me off to the local Police, who then fobbed me off to Scamwatch Australia, who then told me to look into counselling.
She is using our computer, chatting on yahoo messenger. I've printed off around a hundred pages of chat. We found through this that she has given, not only my Husbands name and DOB, but his siblings, he has 10, as well.
These "FBI" agents are telling her to go to a mobile phone store and get 5 blackberry phones, so their "team" will have communication. They have told her that she is helping catch these scammers & her reward for this is a car, a laptop and $200,000. How she believes this is beyond me.

Any advice would be most welcome.
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The best thing to do would be to visit Scamwarners.com. There are people there that can offer advice on how to deal with this.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Appel_Sas
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wtf is wrong with the afp!?
Oh jeez, can't they just go and TELL HER what she's doing? Are you serious!?

And, FIVE blackberries?
Urrgh. Some of us...

4) PROFIT!

Just because I studied in the university of trollington and have a masters in trolling, doesn't mean I will troll good people. I can use it against spammers and scientologists instead!

JUST SO I DONT FORGET MY EMAIL ID IS
akaimurasakiaoi
(Japanese for RedPurpleBlue)
Myaw Lin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for yur replies, I really appreciate it.

I am so frustrated with the AFP, they have all this info on the AFP site and tell you to report it, but then tell you they can't do anything!
The FBI said that they can't do anything, because my Mother In Law, is not a US citizen. My reply to that was, isn't it a crime, regardless of what country you are from or in, that impersonating a FBI agent, using official agent pictures, internationally illegal? The local police won't do anything and scam Australia said to get counselling. Really whats that gong to do???
This bloody Yahoo Messenger is constantly flasing with "buzz" and "where are you baby", "send money this week, otherwise my daughter can't have her operation".
I printed out recent chats she's had, and she has agreed to go to a Optus store to get the 5 Blackberry phones, when she goes home. My Husband has spoken to her about this, I have as well, she ignores us and continues on chatting. She has been banned from our computer, but she still chats on her mobile with them. I feel like rippng my hair out!

Here's a recent message on Yahoo:

Show More Messages (F4)

albertaurelio16: i waited for you to come on but there was no sign of you...love u
albertaurelio16: <ding>
albertaurelio16: hi honey
albertaurelio16: are u there?
albertaurelio16: honey i have missed reading from you
albertaurelio16: i also sent u a mail
albertaurelio16: did u read it
albertaurelio16: i was very confused and dont know what to do
albertaurelio16: sweetheart what do i do now
albertaurelio16: when will u be sending the funds for tessy's treatment
albertaurelio16: the hospital will not do anything unless they hear back from me as to how to pay the first bill and part payment for tessy's surgery then they can start
albertaurelio16: honey you know how i have suffered on the issue of tessy and i will never like to loose her as she is all i got
albertaurelio16: my love talk to me
albertaurelio16: are u chatting with someone else
albertaurelio16: ?\
albertaurelio16: <ding>
albertaurelio16: are u there my love when will u be sending the funds...u are not saying a word
M.IN.LAW: Honey I told you I am unable to walk
M.IN.LAW: i am still at my sons house so i am stuck
M.IN.LAW: sorry my love we have to wait to send money unable to do a thing soon as i can will do not before
M..In.LAW: i have not been CHATTING WITH ANYONE ELSE THIS IS NOT MY COMPUTER BUT IT IS IN CONTINUED USE ALL THE TIME BY FAMILY MEMBERS

albertaurelio16
: sweetheart i write u today as i am also unable to get access to d internet and tessy health has worsened as well by d day.each day i hope on God for divine favour,mercy and protection to assist me in dis time of need as i know u re trying ur best and doing everything possible to see dat me ur hubby and tessy ur daughters health is fine.my darling wife its been quite a while we talked on here and on phone i miss all that and i also pray for u becos behind every succesful man there is a woman and dat woman is u my milk butter coconut shake,i love and cherish u wit all my heart.u will continue to be d air dat i breathe
albertaurelio16: my luv try and do something for ur daughter tessy and i,u knw she needs to undergo d surgery as soon as possible.we both luv MRS DOROTHY AURELIO,KISSES & HUGS
albertaurelio16: get well soon my sausage roll we want u badly and more.try sending funds this weak as GOD WILL PROTECT AND BLESS U TILL ETERNITY FOR US AS I KNW DAT U RE A BLESSING TO ME AND MANY OTHERS,ITS VRY IMPORTANT I PRAY THIS ALWAYS MWAAH
albertaurelio16: my luv re u there?

albertaurelio16 has signed back in. (15/11/2012 2:51 AM)

From now on I'm thinking of telling them all to P*** off, via Mother In Laws yahoo Messenger. My Husband is freaking out that they will use his identity, we have informed our bank and police, but don't hold out any hope that the police will do anything.
We are constantly told to report these scam crimes, but nothing gets done.
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please follow the route suggested by BearSeason and visit Scamwarners.com.

They are very experienced with such situations and can help. You have to trust us on this one.

The other plus is you will be helping others who may fall for this particular Scammer.

Oscar

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
pizza_face
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there a possibility you could try taking her to court to get control over her finances? I read about one couple in the USA who had to do that to their parents because they couldn't stop sending money to a Canadian scammer. The parents had control in other matters but not their financial matters. However, at that point the parents had mortgaged everything and had so many personal loans.

However, I would also warn your husbands' siblings about the fact she gave personal info out to these possible scammers. If I were you, I would lock up any documents that may be used to open up bank accounts in your name just in case the "FBI men" need to do a "background check" on you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic