SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I didn't know i was being scammed at first...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Aquintesce
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was looking for houses for rent on craigslist and found this now removed listing. Awesome! sounds great so I emailed the guy
Quote:
hello, my name is wylie. I am extremely interested in this house can you email me more info?

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/apa/3202976530.html

and got this response:
Quote:
Hello cavalry greeting to you, I have to take my time to write you.
Thanks for your email and interest in renting my House. I am Anthony P Fontenot the owner of the House you are making inquiry of. Presently, I am in São Paulo,Brazil. I came over here with my wife, we both acquired the property when i was in the city . Presently i and my family has relocated to São Paulo,Brazil, also on a campaign program. Actually i lost one of my daughter to Hiv/Aids last year and ever since then, i have been into charity work trying all my possible best to help those that are victims and eradicate Hiv/Aids as a life-threatening disease. There are severely Multinational companies that have shown interest in it and they've been of good support to the organization. The program is taking place in different major countries in which are United States, Canada, Sweden, New Zealand, Holland, Singapore, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and Africa. I do travel to different countries and cities in the world and work in conjunction with UNICEF.I will like you to put this organization in your prayers because there are a lot of people suffering with this deadly disease all over the world and you can know more about our organization here: http://www.unaids.org/en.

I had a thought of selling the House of which i did a research for an agent to handle it on our behalf and after getting one, we got a deal but later my wife advised against that. I reasoned with her and accepted her advice. So I contacted the agent back and requested for my keys and documents. Later we decided to have the House rent out, we would have given the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent would want to handle it professionally and the occupant may not be able to reason along with him later and I noticed he even inflated money on the rent of the House, Now you can see why I don’t want to use a third party. If you notice, you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. Presently, it is longer for sale, under minding the for sale sign up there in the building which I put there before leaving but available for rent at $600 per month (which includes utilities) and a security deposit of $500. More so now, our purpose of leaving The city down to São Paulo,Brazil, is for an International HIV/AIDS campaign program meeting that has to do with establishing of more HIV / AIDS help center around the continent. Please, I want you to understand that I spent a lot on my property that you have requested to rent, so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this House and would want you to treat it as your own because cleanliness they say is next to Godliness. It is not all about the money to be paid on rent or spent; it is all about a good maintenance culture which I want you to adopt on the property. I want you to keep it tidy all the time so that I would be full of smiles whenever I come around and above all, a good, strong and tight relationship between us when I come for a checkup. Please one more thing, I wouldn’t like to have any benefit of trust in you because I want to stand in your words that the property would be well taken care of all the time.

I believe you have seen how lovely it is if from only the pictures you saw in my posting compare to the 100% comfort to be derived from it as an occupant. Please note that you will only be able to drive by the House for now but can't have a look at the interior until I have sent the keys and documents of the House to you. We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. Please note that, a deposit payment would be required if accepted and approved to have the property rented.

House Address
1545 Amelia Drive, Conway AR 72034
SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION/ QUESTIONEIR FORM BELOW.
RENT APPLICATION FORM.

Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?
Drirect Phone (cell or Land) # : __________?
E-mail : __________?
Best time to call : __________?
How many proposed occupants : __________?
List all in addition to yourself including approx age : __________?
Present Address : __________?
City/State : __________?
Will you have pets : __________?
Please describe Breed, size : __________?
Personality of pet : __________?
Preferred move in date : __________?
Intended length of lease: __________?
How soon do you want to receive the keys________________________________________?
How soon can you secure the property and make the deposit payment:: __________?
Length of previous tenancy : __________?
Present occupation : __________?
Citizen of which country:____________________?
Are you a section 8 applicant : __________?
Do you run a business from home : __________?
If so what kind of business : __________?
Your Family Pictures if you have one._______?

Anthony
For the family.

Stupid me filled this out and sent it back. Now I have an email about sending payment via Western Union to South Africa. DERP. I feel stupid. I want to troll this guy, bait him. But he has my name, main email, and address. Should I just drop it for my own safety of is it unlikely enough to endanger me that I can significantly annoy him?

I actually emailed another person at the same time and got a much more easily spotted response and they only have my first name and email. They will receive my trolling, indeed.

Mod edit - changed coding tags to quote - TS
Duffy Duck
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why would you feel stupid? You caught quickly on to the fact that it's a scam and didn't send any money! Sure, he may have some of your personal info, but if you just ignore him from now on there shouldn't be a problem.
At the most he might send you some more spam to your email, which you can always bait from an anonymous account. Wink

"you are an idiot and a moron, who are you. why are you lying. saying you came to my office and could not locate me. you must be a bastard and your mother must have been a prostitute" Advocate Mark Johnson
"Let us not misunderstand, twist or put up a logic while I do not even know the exact thing you are talking" George Lawsson
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic