SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist Scam -- Email Spoofer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bevrice2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you will notice the email from paypal is just service@paypal, not [email protected]. I just had the exact same thing tried on me, with the exact same address. He wanted to send paypal, so I went to check and make sure I was protected. The agreement says it has to go to the buyers checkout address and have a delivery confirmation. The buyer was wanting me to send it to an alternate address and soon told me it was in Nigeria. That raised all kinds of warning flags. I logged in to my paypal account to wait and see if payment came through. He texted me that payment had been sent and to mail item to address on the email I should have gotten from paypal. I went to my email and noticed the discrepancy in the email address, and then went back to paypal account which showed no pending payments. Lol, I then gave him a piece of my mind and told him I was reporting him. Sent report to craigslist. Always be sure to check the email address on the email they send you. It is service@paypal. COM not just service@paypal. I did not open the emails, fearing they had a keylogger hidden in it. I then went into paypal and yahoo and changed my passwords. God bless, and be careful.

Split off from this post. Please don't respond to threads that are a year old. -- JMR
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic