SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MSUFCU Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
boxman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I get the following email which set up a red flag immediately since I do not go to MSU:

Quote:
Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that your MSUFCU Online Banking account has been suspended.
Please understand that this drastic measure was taken in order to protect your online privacy.
MSUFCU tracks all online activity. This tracking system tells us, among others, if you are using your account from a different computer(s) than the one you registered on.
We recently noticed that your account has been accessed from several foreign IP addresses.

If you were traveling and you accessed your account from a foreign country we are sorry for the inconvenience, regardless, such suspicious action was treated as an attempt to obtain your personal information.
Please login to your account as soon as possible and verify your identity in order to unlock your account
Follow this link to the login page: https://www.msufcu.org

Thank you for your understanding and patience in these matter.

And wouldn't you know, the MSU page has a huge 'Fraudulent Email Alert' on its home page, so I figured it must be the login button that is bogus. I copy the URL and hide behind a proxy to check it out and my virus system blocks 3 attack attempts. The wierd thing was that it redirected back to my aol sign in page. Are they looking for personal info? Whatever the case may be we can get the login shutdown somehow...

You are a wonderful man Melting Pot of your words (love lad "Lucy")
You are fucking liar get a fuck liar you are united state you not in Africa fucking liar go away. (angy gold lad)

Nigeria Closed lad accounts x6 Easter Egg 2012
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That linky is for the real credit union: https://www.msufcu.org/
Quote:

Domain ID:D1708559-LROR
Domain Name:MSUFCU.ORG
Created On:25-Nov-1996 05:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:06-Mar-2007 20:51:22 UTC
Expiration Date:24-Nov-2012 05:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Registrant ID:16402847-NSI
Registrant Name:Michigan State University FCU
Registrant Organization:Michigan State University FCU
Registrant Street1:3777 WEST RD
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:EAST LANSING
Registrant State/Province:MI
Registrant Postal Code:48823
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.5173332254
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.5173332253
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]

Send the email with header to [email protected] as we don't deal with phishing on Eater.

Also you can send it to Phish Tank ( http://www.phishtank.com/ ) and APWG ( http://www.antiphishing.org/ ).

This should be in our Misc Scams forum. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
boxman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks! I was unsure how to handle emails such as those but I seem to get quite a few. I gave the info to one of the links you listed.

You are a wonderful man Melting Pot of your words (love lad "Lucy")
You are fucking liar get a fuck liar you are united state you not in Africa fucking liar go away. (angy gold lad)

Nigeria Closed lad accounts x6 Easter Egg 2012
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are welcome! The actual banks can take care of phishing sites so much faster than we can (usually).

The best thing to do with phishing emails is to google the name of the bank/company (Michigan State University Federal Credit Union or Ebay) and the word 'phishing'. That gives you something like this: clicky! Then just forward the header and email to that addy.

And PhishTank and APWG are always happy to get phishing emails. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic