SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

aunt/cousin got scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GiggleStick
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Long time lurker here with only a few posts to my name. I read a lot but don't have the guts, patience, or creativity to pull off the scambaiting you do around here, but I may be ready to start or at least cheer someone on who would be willing to mess with these people for me.

I believe my aunt and cousin got scammed from someone in India. Cousin doesn't have email from this guy, but I believe she found him online.

I don't have much information to go on, but I asked cousin to email me any information (she has an address for him in California, the guy says he's in India, she sent money via WU, he has her bank information and is continuing to take money from her account).

I advised her to close the bank account immediately and let the bank know what happened, and she may end up filing a police report, but I'm pretty sure it won't do much good.

Aside from all that, if I can get adequate information from her, I may ask for your help in a little internet retribution. My aunt and cousin are all for any kind of retribution, since they realize they will probably not get their money back (which hurts, since they were in some financial trouble to start with) even if that comes in the form of wasting a scammer's time. Thanks for reading. I hope I can get enough information from her to launch a scambait.

I also suggested they visit your sister site for help on damage control.
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello GS and welcome to 419Eater. The story makes sad reading. We would need e.mails with full headers to consider the possibility of any Baiting. Meanwhile, it is worth posting details of the scam at www.scamwarners.com
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have your aunt and cousin head over to our sister site www.scamwarners.com.

It's usually not a good idea to bait someone who hurt you, or someone close to you. Post this scammers information when you get it and I'm sure someone will have a go at him/her.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just as a follow up, all she could provide me with was a name and address...probably fake, and no emails, unfortunately.

Aunt and cousin are practically illiterate when it comes to technology, as well as being scammed. I feel bad for them, but if my cousin can't figure out that she needs to forward me the email, and not just email me the "contact" information from her email address, I can't help them.

Thank you to everyone for you time. Some people just can't be helped, I guess. I hope they at least contacted the police.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic