SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scammerhaterrrrr
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi i was on craigslist selling my ipod and a guy said

hello seller, i want to know is the item for sale and how much are you
asking for it?

then

Thanks for the fast response actually i was guessing a gift to
buy for my cousin,who is based in West Coast Africa as a wedding
anniversary gift,and while browsing Craigslist, i saw what you have
for sale and found it quite nice as a gift. I am willing to offer $250
for the item, including shipping cost via USPS Post express mail. I
will be paying through PayPal, because its the safest means of online
payment.Kindly get back to me with your PayPal email and full name for
me to make the payment.

Hope to read from you soon

here is the shipping address below

Name: Precious Akukwe
Address:17 Cardoso street
City:Mushin
State:Lagos
Zip code:23401

so get the item shipped out and get back to me with the tracking number asap.

and i had believed him cause i hadent really heard of scams so i actually sent the ipod earlier and im going to try and stop it tommorrow.
but he started saying he wants the tracking number which was used to let paypal know and they would give me the money.

here is the first email

Notification of an Instant Payment Received from warren jay ([email protected])
TO: 1 recipient
Show Details
Message body

PayPal
Protect Yourself From Fake Emails

Dear [email protected],

You have an Instant Payment of USD $250.0 from warren jay ([email protected] )

Payment Details

Purchased From: [email protected]
Transaction ID : 3W492537HE3468708

shipment
Quantity Price Subtotal

Ipod Touch
$250.00
USD $250.00
USD

Shipping & Handling via to USPS PRIORITY REGISTERED MAIL 3-4 Days Delivery to 23401 :-
(includes any seller handling fees)
$00.00
USD
Shipping Insurance (not offered):- 00----
Total: $250.00
USD

Delivery Information
Address:
Precious Akukwe
17 Cardoso street
mushin
Lagos
Nigeria.
Address Status: Confirmed

Important Note: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.
Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.
Send tracking number to us or email us through our help email center (onlinetrackings7@incom) and our customer service care will attend to you. as soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.
**PLEASE NOTE**
Once item has been shipped and the tracking number has been sent to us
Your account will be "CREDITED" from PayPal® Team informing you that the Fund has been credited
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Copyright © 2010-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (USA) Limited is authorized and regulated by the
This message has been truncated
Show Full Message

then the 2nd

PayPal Confirmation Email Using Echeck Method (Transaction ID:3W492537HE3468708)
TO: 1 recipient
Show Details
Message body
Dear [email protected],

This mail Confirms that Warren Jay has made and sent to You the Sum of $250.00 (USD) for sure using PayPal . But the fund $250.00 (USD) from Warren Jay PayPal Account Credit card will appear to your ([email protected])"PayPal Account" after the Reference Shipment Information/Tracking Number is Received Or gotten from you. And below is your Confirmation/Transaction ID in which the fund has been made by him.

Your Confirmation/Transaction ID: 3W492537HE3468708

PayPal purchases and Funds made using Instant Transfer or an available balance may take up to 24 hours or more than to be Transferred and to be Credited to the Seller's PayPal Account if Shipment Information is not gotten in time since the Fund has been Approved and Processed.
Well your buyer has made the payment for sure but it goes with the ECheck PayPal payment method and that's why it will not be Credited to your PayPal Account Immediately Until the Shipment Information/Tracking Number Is Received.

And as a Bonafide Client and PayPal Member that uses PayPal for Transactions who is a Verified Account Holder ''He Or She'' needs a Preferential treatment. So in that Case PayPal wishes to Inform you that Her Account has been deducted from the Sum of $250.00 USD which will be Credited to Your Account after when we must have gotten the Shipment Information/Tracking Number from you.

And it could take 2-3 Business Days Or more than before your Account will be Credited if we didn't get the Shipment Information in time from you, So we Strongly advice you to mail out the Merchandise She has paid you for and Send to us the Estimated Number of Days of Arrival of the Shipment so we can Credit Your account Immediately. Send all Shipment Information's to us at:([email protected]) and include all relevant information's, specifically your order number above (Confirmation/Transaction ID).

N/B: Endeavor to mail out the Merchandise immediately that your payment has been Confirmed by the PayPal Team and it will reflect in your PayPal Account Recent Activity List if Shipment Information is received from you, and we expect you to send the Shipment Information to us ASAP for verification purpose.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team.

( Copyright ) 2010-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved.

so tell me what you think and i know im stupid lol

Last edited by scammerhaterrrrr on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, scammerhaterrrrr!
I'm sorry about the circumstances that bring you here.
First off - you're not stupid. People fall for different scams every day. Some of them are Doctors and Lawyers. You say that you had no idea that these scams existed, so what chance did you have when you were contacted by a criminal who has probably had a lot of scamming experience?
Don't give him the tracking number or any other information. I hope that you are able to stop the delivery.
Good luck!

Edited to add:
To help to keep you safe, please remove your name and email address from your post.

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
skyshots99
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately the reason they ask for USPS priority mail is that once it leaves the post office it CAN NOT be recalled. UPS and FED EX track the package in many stages along the way and it can be recalled.
USPS does not do this.
I baited one guy once and kept telling him that I was going to send it by Fed Ex. HE was very angry that I was going to send it in that fashion and kept telling me that " he paid for the better shipping "
Stupid moron does not understand thatr Fed EX IS the better shipping
Looks like you may have lost it, BUT try the post office anyway
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic