SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baseball fan dies at Rangers Game

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is so tragic and sad!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=6747510

Quote:
Rangers fan dies after 20-foot fall
By Richard Durrett
ESPNDallas.com
-- A fan who died Thursday after falling from the outfield stands while reaching for a ball thrown by Texas Rangers All-Star outfielder Josh Hamilton has been identified.

The victim was Shannon Stone, a 39-year-old firefighter from Brownwood, Texas. Stone was a lieutenant and had been with the Brownwood Fire Department for nearly 18 years, city manager Bobby Rountree said. Brownwood is about 150 miles southwest of Arlington.

Arlington Fire Department officials told The Associated Press that Stone went "into full arrest" as he was transported by ambulance to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, where he was pronounced dead.

Stone fell approximately 20 feet onto concrete Thursday night, tumbling into a gap between the left-field railing and the left field wall, which contains a videoboard with the out-of-town scores. Stone's 6-year-old son, Cooper, witnessed the fall.

Stone is survived by his wife, Jenny, and son, according to Melanie Larose, a family friend who released a statement on behalf of the family Friday.

"The Stone family is devastated by this tragedy," the statement said. "The family appreciates your thoughts, kind words and prayers and asks that you respect their privacy during their difficult time."

The flags at Rangers Ballpark have been lowered to half-staff in memory of Stone. The club also will observe a moment of silence before Friday night's game against the A's.

"We are deeply saddened to learn that the man who fell has passed away as a result of this tragic accident," Rangers president/CEO Nolan Ryan said in a statement Thursday. "Our thoughts and prayers are with his family."

The left-field wall is 14 feet high, and Stone fell head-first over the railing, which is a few feet higher. There was an audible gasp in the stands when Stone tumbled over the railing, eerily similar to an accident in July 2010, when a man fell about 30 feet from the second deck of seats down the right-field line while trying to catch a foul ball. The area where Stone fell Thursday is out of sight from the field.

Stone, wearing a blue Rangers cap and white Rangers shirt, was seated in the front row with his son. According to others seated near him, Stone was yelling at Hamilton for a foul ball that was hit by Conor Jackson and ricocheted into left field in the second inning. Hamilton flipped the ball toward Stone, who leaned over, caught it and toppled over into the gap.

After the game, the team, including Hamilton, was told what happened.

"I think as any of us would be, Josh is very distraught over this as the entire team is," Ryan said. He added that the Rangers are "very heavy-hearted about this."

Rangers manager Ron Washington said: "Josh is fine -- outwards he's fine. I guess he's got to deal with it in his own way."

Washington said he will decide Friday whether Hamilton needs a day off after what happened Thursday night.

A fellow fan said he chatted with Stone earlier in the evening but didn't know his name.

"I tried to grab him, but I couldn't," said 50-year-old Ronnie Hargis of Hawley, who was sitting beside Stone. "I tried to slow him down a little bit. He went straight down."

Several fans, including Safawna Dunn, said paramedics quickly got to Stone and took him away on a stretcher.

"He was conscious," Dunn said.

The visitors' bullpen at the stadium is in left-center field. Athletics reliever Brad Ziegler was in tears after the game when he found out the man had died.

"They had him on a stretcher. He said, 'Please check on my son. My son was up there by himself.' The people who carried him out reassured him. 'Sir, we'll get your son, we'll make sure he's OK,' " Ziegler said. "He had his arms swinging. He talked and was conscious. We assumed he was OK. But when you find out he's not, it's just tough."

Before the Rangers batted in the second, Washington spoke briefly with one of the umpires. Michael Young, who was leading off the inning, could be seen talking to A's catcher Kurt Suzuki and pointing toward the area where the previous accident happened.

Former President George W. Bush was sitting in the front row with Ryan near the Rangers' dugout when the accident happened. Ryan left moments later, while Bush remained in the seats.

Ryan said the former president, who is a frequent visitor to Rangers Ballpark, was aware of what was happening.

Hargis' daughter said the victim's head was bleeding badly.

The incident comes one year and one day after a fan fell from the club level and landed in the lower deck, a 30-foot drop. That man, Tyler Morris, was taken to a local hospital after the game was stopped for 16 minutes to get him out of the stadium. Morris, coincidentally a firefighter as well, suffered a fractured skull and sprained ankle and went home two days after his fall.

Thursday's fall is the third by a fan over one of the railings. The first was April 11, 1994, after the Rangers' first home game in Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Hollye Minter, a 28-year-old from Plano, Texas, posed for a photograph and fell from a railing in right field. She landed on empty seats and, according to various reports, broke her arm, two ribs and a few bones in her neck.

Club officials said the railings were raised after that game from 30.5 inches to 46 inches in the upper and lower areas of the park.

After Morris was hurt last year, he called the incident a "100 percent, total accident that could have happened to anybody." He said he didn't blame the Rangers or the ballpark.

Ryan said it was too early to talk about the two accidents and what evaluations the team might make about railings at the stadium.

"Tonight, we're not prepared to speak about anything further than the accident and the tragedy," Ryan said. "That's where I'm going to leave it."

It is the second fatal fall at a MLB ballpark this season. In May, a 27-year-old man died after he fell about 20 feet and struck his head on concrete during a Colorado Rockies game.

Information from ESPNDallas.com's Richard Durrett and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is tragic. Sad A terrible accident which no doubt will traumatize Josh Hamilton for the rest of his own life, even though he was just trying to be a nice guy and give a fan a special souvenir, no doubt for his little son.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So terribly sad and unexpected. Crying or Very sad

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic