SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

nigera scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SHADOW92G
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi i'm new here. Someone attempted to scam me they wanted me to send money to Lagos, Nigeria.

I was contacted via MYSPACE by a girl that said she really liked my profile. SO we started talking and a bout a week later she dropped this on me: If you really like me you'll send money to me so we can be together. My fiance left me here with a $560 hotel bill and I can't get back to the states til I pay it. MY parents are dead I have no where to go I f you do this I will love you forever.

I almost fell for it until I googled some of the stuff and found out about all kinds of scams. Whoever it is is still sending me messages wanting money even after I told them I was going to report them to the police.

Just curious if anyone has had anything similar or what I should do thanks.

Shadow
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Shadow,

This is a common version of a dating/romance scam. On this thread at ScamWarners - Click here - you will read about some of the 'misfortunes' that scammers pretend to have happened to them, and this includes:

Quote:
1) Cannot pay the hotel bill so detained by hotel staff until the hotel bill is paid

The scammer (who is probably a man, pretending to be a woman) will keep trying to persuade you to keep writing for a while, but if you ignore all messages and emails, he will go away in the end. He wants your money - but he won't waste his time (and internet café fees) trying to get it forever, if you totally ignore him. I'm not familiar with MySpace - but if you can 'block' him there, then do that as well.

You might like to raise awareness of this scammer, by posting details about him at our sister site ScamWarners - there is a forum for Romance Scams here:

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Also, the Support Team there will be happy to answer any further questions you have regarding your experience of this scammer.

I'm glad to hear that you realised it was a scam, before you sent any money.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic