SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419 by post.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chinaspecial
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi 419 forums,

I have been a fan of the forums for a long time now but never felt the urge to post before, recently a member of my family received a classic 419 message but via the post. It is claiming to be from china but it includes no contact address other than a email, and what looks like a skype number.

Now if this was a email I would have just said delete the message, but as I said this has arrived via post and now some of my family is concerned because it would appear they have our address, would it be advisable to take this letter to the police.

Thanks for reading.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The police may be interested, but the recipient has no need to worry. The lad will have got hold of a list of names and addresses from somewhere, and mailed all of them.
Other scam letters may well follow.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
chinaspecial
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks I was planning do doing as such, I have never seen a 419 by the post before though so it kinda made me think.
Krichauff
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We get them on the work fax machine sometimes. In the 2 years I have been working in this office, I would have seen 3 of them.

'ASSHOLE Benjamin Dover ,go and suck your mother pussy' Emmanuel - Bob Johnson's BJ Lad.

You would have to work this out yourself because we still have not received a dime yet from you.

'hey son of a bitch,your mother is a goat fucker,you have blood of animail in you because its animal that preganated your mother to born you,' Emmanuel - Bob Johnson's BJ Lad.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

chinaspecial wrote:
I have never seen a 419 by the post before though so it kinda made me think.

Fake lottery scams by snailmail are very common, and aimed at the elderly mainly. The traditional 419 scam is rarer.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I once had a snail mail lottery scammer about six months before I joined here. It was binned and I had nothing since. As said above, they just got hold of a snail mailing list and blitzed it. They will be more interested in the ones who reply than those who don't.

Edited to add - Don't be surprised if the police are not that interested. They will see it as being more a waste of their time to look into it than anything else. Unless, you can hold a culprit by the scruff of the neck (metaphorically of course) the police would like to think of it as you bringing it to their attention. Which basically means that it doesn't get treated as anything they have to put in any footwork into.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes they will post a warning on their website for the benefit of possible other local recipients, which the local press will report.
It's worth reporting scams for that reason. And it gives the authorities an idea of the scale of the problem.

ThankingArthur
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's true that the 419 isn't just confined to email. My mum got a lotto-scam SMS from a Cambodian phone last year! It said to reply to the sms with an email address, off course we just deleted the message but it does make you wonder where someone in Cambodia got my mum's mobile number...

The police surely wouldn't mind you giving them the letter but keep in mind that odds are very little will happen with it (if anything). It's most likely a one-off event and they won't know you or your family personally. There are even ones which are personally addressed to you, in which case they would have gotten hold of a database with some personal info in it and mail-merged some letters, which is still pretty creepy to think about!

Safari Morgan: Accra, Ghana to Lomé, Togo and Back. (~370km total) "it was hurt i paid hotel bills and also rented a car to pick Sarah up at the airport it was so hurt i spent money to go down to Lome"

12x Closed lad accounts Oink.

i promise you .you shall pay for this -Another satisfied customer
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Krichauff wrote:
We get them on the work fax machine sometimes. In the 2 years I have been working in this office, I would have seen 3 of them.

boy, you're lucky. we get three a day some days. definitely 8-10 a week :/ what a waste of paper and ink Laughing

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Tambourine Man wrote:
Sometimes they will post a warning on their website for the benefit of possible other local recipients, which the local press will report.
It's worth reporting scams for that reason. And it gives the authorities an idea of the scale of the problem.

That is a good point, however, it's best to recognise that not everywhere is that proactive. Maybe, it's best to go straight to the local press instead

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My company about 20 years ago got a lot of scam letters. At that time the police were interested in them to look for evidence that could be used. We were receiving a half dozen per month eventually delivered them to the police un-opened.

The police at that time among other things were focused on charter shopping flights from Nigeria to London. The letters provided enough information to identify individuals and the arrest them (and scammed cash) on their arrival in the UK.

The source of the mailing addresses the scamers used were international directories at the time. (Gotta love minor errors in listings)

As the volume of scams rose the police became focused on actual scam victims and are no longer interesting in tracking mailings.

p.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic