SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Shot Down in Flames - A Lesson in Failure

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Spork
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I started this with an ASEM

Quote:
HK IP Addy
From Baiter to Scammer 04/18
I got your massage from your assistant the other day. Now I just shat down to drip you a very impotant line. We have 50k US dallors locked up and ready to go. So how do we do this now?

Warmest Regality,

He replies back 5 hours later

Quote:
Scammer to Baiter 04/18

Sequel to your mail sent to us, as soon as you make payment it will take us 48 hours to deliver your parcel to you. Payment of 50 USD should be made via western union money transfer with this payment details listed below.

Receivers Name: AVAIL VIA PM
Senders Name:
Address: AVAIL VIA PM
mtcn number:
Text Question to be used: AVAIL VIA PM
Text Answer: AVAIL VIA PM
Do get back to us after you have make the payment with the required details ok.
Regards

From AVAIL VIA PM

Wow only $50.00USD but for what?

Quote:
Baiter to Scammer 04/20/10
What is this $50.00 for? Why am I sending this to EDITTED via Western Union? What parcel are you talking about? I have played this game two other times, when I never got anything. You are going to have to earn my trust to touch even one cent of my $50,000 US. Who the hell is this EDITTED NAME? My Western Union here does not like it when we send money to EDITTED COUNTRY. You have got a lot of explaining to do buddy.

6 days no reply so I send this hook out there

Quote:
Baiter to Scammer 04/26/10
Here is the WU transfer
###################
S3C7RAN5 website

Next day

Quote:
Scammer to Baiter 04/27/10
You are to send the details below.

Senders Name:
mtcn number:

He didn't bite, So 6 hours later

Quote:
M7CN S3CUR3 sent to him

14 hours later

Quote:
WE DO NOT ACEPT PAYMENT IN THIS MANNER YOU ARE TO MAKE PAYMENT VIA WESTERN UNION MONET TRANSFER OFFICE AND GET BACK TO US OK.

A little touchy, probably have scars from the previous burns of it.

30 minutes later

Quote:
Baiter to Scammer 04/27/10
This is the only way I can make Western Union payments. We do not have a local office here. We have to use Western Union Online and that information is present in this email. The only other way I can do this is by bank transfer.

an hour later.

Quote:
SORRY FOR WE CANNOT DO THAT THEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT VIA MONEY GRAM OR WE WILL NOTING BE SHIPING YOUR PARCEL

20 minutes

Quote:
Okay I will send you a money order then. Give me an address to mail you the money order

20 minutes

Quote:
SEND PAYMENT VIA MONEY GRAM OR WESTERN UNION

20 minutes

Quote:
I told you already, I did send it by Western Union and you did not want to accept the MTCN!!!

I am so mad at you for totally screwing this simple transaction up. I gave you the website details for Western Union online and all you have to do is type in a simple goshdarn code I sent you to pull up the MTCN!!! The money is at Western Union's website for you to pick up. Now just pick it up and stop messing this up!!! How hard is this?

40 minutes

Quote:
YOU FOLLOW THE INTRUCTION ON THE WEBSITE AND GET THE MTCN OUT TO US OK

10 minutes

Quote:
LISTEN REALLY WELL TO THIS. THE DEAL IS OFF!!! YOU CANNOT FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS TO GET YOUR MTCN!!! THEREFORE I WILL CANCEL THE WESTERN UNION TRANSFER AND YOU CAN FORGET THE MTCN!!! BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO INCOMPETENT TO GET THIS DONE!!

DO NOT EMAIL

5 hours later

Quote:
F##K YOU FOOL

I guess it ended there.

Any comments, suggestions, or other ideas on the exchange. Any ideas are welcome. I pretty much think this one is very very very dead.

->"THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR DEBT AND FINANCIAL PROBLEMS !!! "

->"In regards to my previous email i want to advice you once again not to make any payment to the insurance company because we have figured out that the insurance payment is all a scam..."

->"I am not a doctor or a counselor you can visit the nearest sacatric hospital just take good care of yourself and help us fight cyber crime."

->"You are to understand that these Mr. Gomer and Mr. Booth are dead Hackers, from Africa. Please do not respond to them anymore okay."

->Closed lad accounts X 6 Easter Egg 2013

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Send a moneygram mtcn, he'll come back

Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can tell you where you went wrong, if you're interested. It's an extremely common mistake amongst newer baiters.

Inspired either by all the baits you've read or by the video games you play, you seem to have approached this with the assumption that any lad will do anything you say just because you've said it.

You hit him with the MTCN Secvre right at the very beginning. Out of nowhere too. You made no effort at building a relationship with him. Without this, he's not at all likely to trust you, and therefore a million times more likely to assume that you're simply a jokeman (as has occured here).

One of the first things I tell all of my mentees is that they need to be aware that the lads aren't computer programs. They're people. Living, breathing, thinking, loving, hating individuals like us. That said, your approach as demonstrated here is destined for failure.

Let me put it this way. If you walked up to a random stranger in the street, masked and untraceable, and told them to go to an obscure website they'd never heard of and spend hours on some silly task for $50 000 while you wait elsewhere, do you reckon they'd do it?

A technique I teach my mentees is to read a letter back after they've written it. But rather than from their own perspective, to read it back as if they were the lad. With enough immersion, you can "become" a lad pretty easily, but even in your earliest days, a little bit of common sense will get you 50% there.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Spork
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks I appreciate all the comments on this one.

This particulair one I played like Fast Eddie from The Hustler.

Fast and Loose.

I have three other baits going, one is over a month long, emailing everyday like we are married. And like a married couple, me and the lad have had our goods times and bad in our little relationship.

Like I said this one was a de-stress-or and played fast hard and heavy like a crazy maniac. I knew this one had a 99% failure rate.

BTW, I am older than 18 but younger than 100. I don't play video games , and quite good at real life interrogations. nuff said there... Wink

Again thanks for all the comments and advice!@!!! Exclamation

->"In regards to my previous email i want to advice you once again not to make any payment to the insurance company because we have figured out that the insurance payment is all a scam..."

->"I am not a doctor or a counselor you can visit the nearest sacatric hospital just take good care of yourself and help us fight cyber crime."

->"You are to understand that these Mr. Gomer and Mr. Booth are dead Hackers, from Africa. Please do not respond to them anymore okay."

NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spork wrote:
Like I said this one was a de-stress-or and played fast hard and heavy like a crazy maniac. I knew this one had a 99% failure rate.

No, no. Fast and heavy doesn't necessarily equal almost certain failure.

I was working on a BlitzSafari modality a while back. Used it successfully on one lad. Got him from Lagos to Abidjan in a matter of days. All of this with much confusion and climaxing in a phone call where I attempted to speak French with him.

The difference is that that bait and modality involved absurdly high levels of emotion and hysteria, as well as stressing the importance of quick action, all leaving him little time to think.

Now, and perhaps we're just missing an overlap in semantics, but I seem to have missed exactly which part of the bait is "fast hard and heavy". You may take this as a good thing or a bad thing, but the writing style employed there is not too different from the average baiter.

Spork
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Again thanks Nick.

Mavro
Wannabe Baiter

Location: [lō káysh'n] -s. Noun. The site or position of something.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For what my beginner's opinion is worth: I'd say you were far too aggressive. I found that you can't start making strong demands and bullying them around until you've exchanged quite a few emails. Say, 50 or so (it depends on the situation of course). It takes time to build up this trust.

Thou shalt fight fire with fire and liar with liar - Book of Mavro, 4:19

Closed lad accounts x12

Nigerain hoodlums are dybolocal - David Gerald, Nigeria<br>You are a misery in my life - John Duka, Sierra Leone<br>I WILL NOT LIKE ANY THING THAT WILL KILL MY CAREER - Barrister Drammeh Cessay (ESQ, LLB, MSc, PhD), Gambia<br>Idoilt like you whom don't have work to do you are losser - Danica Hans, Ivory Coast
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mavro wrote:
...until you've exchanged quite a few emails. Say, 50 or so (it depends on the situation of course). It takes time to build up this trust.

50 e-mails is a bit too large of an investment for me. Remember that some lads are just lazy, and no amount of trust building will get anything out of them for you.

HOWEVER, trust building is most definitely an important part of the bait. Crucial, in fact. Paramount, even.

But remember that it's as much - if not more - about content as it is about time and patience. For example, this is a recent bait of mine. Just started a few days ago. I decided to test out a new modality, and it turned out to be successful. Lad trust in one e-mail:

Quote:
ATTN: "Xxxx Xxxx"

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Mr Xxxx's lawyer. You can call me Dave.

You know, at first I wasn't going to write to you. In fact, as soon as I got the documents from Mr Xxxx, I was just gonna call him and tell him that it was fraud.

But then I got to thinking. You know, Mr Xxxx is an INCREDIBLY wealthy man. I've also been his lawyer for a long time and he tends to take my advice. Alas, I cannot simply "advise" him to give me his money.

But that's where you come in. What do you say we work together on this? I can have him hand over obscene amounts of money. I can print out and stamp any fake legal documents you send to make them look legitimate. I can get him to sell his properties and hand over everything. He'll think he's getting it all back, of course.

If you and I work together, we can be rich. I'm talking upwards of a million dollars rich. All I ask is that you give me 65% of what you collect. Remember that he's not going to hand over the money that easily. He listens to me, and you need me for that.

Let me know what you think.

Dave

PS: Don't bother telling him about this e-mail. I will know if you do, and I will make sure you never get a single cent out of him if you betray me.

The lad's already agreed, negotiated for better terms, and told me he'd get me in touch with other "clients" so that we can rip them off together. Assuming that last one wasn't just bullshit to build trust on his part, this is certainly a valuable development.

The most important thing with baiting is creativity. Tired old modalities will get you nowhere. The lads recognize them. They adapt to us, so we must adapt to them.

There's Nick's deviant post for the day.

Mavro
Wannabe Baiter

Location: [lō káysh'n] -s. Noun. The site or position of something.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NickTheCop wrote:
...some lads are just lazy, and no amount of trust building will get anything out of them for you.

That's true of course. I wouldn't exchange 50 emails with a lazy sod to start with. (Okay, 50 was a bit much as an example. Make it 30 Wink )

I like your Dave character, nice twist. I once tried a similar thing but that failed miserably. It was too early in the bait, I think. Good luck with Dave, I hope he gets really busy.

Thou shalt fight fire with fire and liar with liar - Book of Mavro, 4:19

Closed lad accounts x12

Nigerain hoodlums are dybolocal - David Gerald, Nigeria<br>You are a misery in my life - John Duka, Sierra Leone<br>I WILL NOT LIKE ANY THING THAT WILL KILL MY CAREER - Barrister Drammeh Cessay (ESQ, LLB, MSc, PhD), Gambia<br>Idoilt like you whom don't have work to do you are losser - Danica Hans, Ivory Coast
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mavro wrote:
I once tried a similar thing but that failed miserably. It was too early in the bait, I think.

I'll admit this type of tactic tends to be a roll of the dice. Some lads are just more suspicious than others. Others are easily swayed by dollar signs.

It should also be mentioned that this lad had contact with another character a week or so back. I'd sent a letter of interest from another address, and mentioned I'd forwarded the details to my lawyer (Dave) so that he could have a look at it.

After that, I just didn't have time to write for a couple of days, so when I got back, I noticed that my inbox had many "what is going on?" letters waiting for me. It was only after the lad had had all of that time to drool about his brand new maga that I sent the e-mail you see above.

Often times, large swathes of empty space tend to be a suitable substitute for sustained communication. The trick is to plant the seed in their heads, and let it grow itself. In a way, it's a lot like panic. If someone's panicking about an issue which they have no control over, it tends to build upon itself without any external stimulus apart from silence. Greed is little different.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic