SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

So, a funny thing happed to me today...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
St. Aloysius
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, my family and I are attempting to relocate to another state. I was on craigslist searching for rental property in the area we are trying to move to. I was at work, and replied to the ad for a nice house. I replied from my work email. Well, I work in law enforcement, and it is clearly stated in my email address that I do so, so I was pretty surprised when I opened my email and saw that the owner of the house had replied, and apparently they are out of the country, and have been for some time, working in West Africa for WEST AFRICA NETWORK FOR PEACE BUILDING. I started laughing so hard. I told my supervisor about it, called my wife and told her. Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny that he would even reply to my email. Improper puncuation, bad grammer, you know, the typical stuff. You'd think he'd at least go to the effort to make it look nice. Oh well. I'm going to start baiting him from my baiter account.
Kinda bums me out though, it was a pretty decent house at a good price.

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I lol'd when I read your post. These vermin are so frickin' clueless most of the time, it's unreal. Or maybe they assumed you'd assumed the identity of a law enforcement person, or maybe they just don't care. Evil or Very Mad
I'm voting for the latter. Good luck with your bait, sounds like this one could be fun. beating

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
dogsbum
NN's whore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey St. Aloysius ... sorry about the house. Craigs list is swimming with lads so it seems. Pity.

Just a thought ... I'm in OZ and when our police send 'official' emails, they use some sort of official stationery. Might not want to play with the lad from a work based email addy and sure don't want to add to their kit.

Just a thought. Smile

Slug them until they weep blood. Twisted Evil

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Make a lad cry today and God will reward you.]</a>
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Zombie or Steward (real) returns - you decide.
Steward is a Delete sensitive material regarding identity - Steward

Exproba tuos pusiones saepe et quam saevissime!
(Slap lads often and as hard as possible!!)

Miseria et tardum letium omnibus factoribus doli!
(Woe and a slow death to all scammer lads!)
(Thanks Otterfan for the Latin)
St. Aloysius
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I'm not even going to respond from my work email. Uncle Sam would have my hide.
I'm going to look the ad up from home and and contact him from my baiter account.
It really sucks that it was a scammer too, all my work emails have my name, title, work address, phone number, fax number, and official "watermark".
Hopefully after I don't respond, they'll just scrap it.

partysan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It comes to my mind that it would be best practice to answer to an craigslist-ad firstly from an baiter-address, and later - when it`s clear it is not a scammer, to tell why in the first contact NOT the real personal address was used.

I do understand your disappointment, I had a similar situation whilst searching for a flat. ... it was nearly to good to be true, though we hoped it COULD be true....

---

edit: ... other idea is to answer from a disposable / temporary email-address.

Last edited by partysan on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We listed a place for rent on Yahoo free ads a few years back. The only replies I got were from scammers who wanted to ship their stuff ahead of their arrival. Typical fake check scam but I didn't understand how the game worked at that time. I didn't fall for it because it didn't pass the "smell test" with me but I can understand how many can get duped.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic