SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Bogus Linked In contact: Emergency in Lagos

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MartinhoNgola
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Step 1: Linked In contact wants me to send US $ 3000 via Western Union to Lagos, where he is stuck in a hotel after his purse and computer was stolen and can no longer pay his bill.

Step 2: "Dear ...,

What a horrific incident! I am sorry to hear. Never knew that you were doing research in Nigeria. What topic were you researching there? I am just wondering how you would pick up the money from Western Union whilst detained at the hotel? It would make more sense to transfer money to the hotel. That way the hotel would be paid faster and you and your belongings could leave faster too. Perhaps you could send me the name of the hotel?
I also think it is illegal for them to hold you there against your will.

Step 3: Hello ...!
Thank you so much for your email and concern to my plight here in Nigeria. I am very happy and relieved to hear back from you. However, I have appealed to the hotel manager to release my passport for me to receive money from you through Western Union and pay my bills. This afternoon, my Passport was released to me by the hotel receptionist. Now, I can receive money through Western Union. Please kindly proceed to transfer me the money through Western union to my name and address forwarded to you preciously, so that I will make arrangement to return back home. Please remember to email me back after you have sent me the money along with the money transfer details such as MTCN, Answer to the test question and amount sent. I will not hesitate to let you know once I have received the money and leave Nigeria. As soon as I return back home, I will have the money refunded back to you including transfer charges. Looking forward hearing from you soon.
May God bless you
General ...

Step 4: Dear...

I don't trust Western Union. Please send me the hotel invoice and their bank details. I will then instruct my bankers in Lagos to make the payment. As I said in my earlier mail, dealing directly with the hotel would expedite matters and get you home earlier. I remain curious as to what research you were conducting in Lagos? Would you like me to get hold of your children to inform them of your misfortunes?

Step 5: Hello ...,

I don't trust the hotel either... Since I have been able to obtained my Passport from the hotel management, I assure you that whatever money you sent to me through Western Union, I am going to receive it successfully without any problem or delay. So feel free to send me the money as I instructed previously. Of cause I am the recipient and I have no problem receiving the money through Western Union. You have nothing to worry about, as soon as I return back home, I will have the money refunded back to you including transfer charges.

Sequel to my Research here, I am conducting Military Operational Medicine Research Program, MOMRP. I will detail you more when I return back home because my situation now is very intoxicated for me to explain. However, I do not want you to contact anyone nor my family regarding my present situation here until I return back for some personal reasons. I look forward hearing from you soon along with the Western Union money transfer details such as MTCN, Answer to the test question and amount sent.

May God bless you

Step 6: Dear ...,

I find this somewhat suspicious. You have asked me for money to pay your outstanding hotel bill, I have not seen the hotel invoice nor have you shared the name of the hotel. As I said in my last email, I have got bankers in Lagos, we do not conduct business through Western Union. Please send me the hotel bill, a scan of your passport including the page containing the visa and the case number and police statement. Once I have received those and confirmed them, we will arrange the transfer into the hotel's account.

I cannot be sure that this is really you, especially since you do not want me to contact your family. To make sure that this is really you, could you also please tell me where and how we first met.

Thanks and regards

Step 7: Hello ...!

There is no suspicious in this regards. I am General High Commander in Chief of Superior Staff of Armed Force of the Strategic Security for Defence of Angola. You can recall backs when I told you that I am applying for mediation in United State.

I was not allowed to access the hotel scanner, so there is no way to send you a copy of my hotel bill. I asked you to keep this away from my family for personal purposes. The name of the hotel is Becam located in Lagos at the following address No. 45 Becan guarding avenue, Isolo Lagos Nigeria.

Since you have someone in Lagos, please instruct the person to visit me at the above address to get me the money in Cash which will be more convenient to me and you. I look forward hearing from you.

May God bless you

Step 8: Dear ...,

My business associate tried to find your hotel to deliver the money in cash. He could not find the Becam Hotel. Is the spelling correct?

Anyways, I went to Western Union. In the EU, there are new security regulations, so I was asked to forward the attached documentation to you. Western Union is worried about fraud due to your current location. Could you please fill and return the 4-page form to me.

Thanks and regards

Step 9: Hello ...
The spelling of the hotel is correct and the address is also correct. Please find the attached answered questions form along with this email.

Step 10: Dear ...,

This is turning out to be quite an effort!!! I have just returned from Western Union and they are unhappy about the forms you have submitted, so again no luck.

Firstly, they require a proper passport photo - herewith what is required:

Make sure the photo presents the full head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin
Center the head with the frame
The person in the photo should have a neutral expression and be facing the camera

Paper Photo Head Size Template–
Photo Composition Template
http://travel.state.gov/images/photo_reqs/dimensions-inch.gif

Photo must be 2 inches by 2 inches
The height of the head (top of hair to bottom of chin) should measure 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm - 35 mm)
Make sure the eye height is between 1 1/8 inches to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm – 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo

Secondly, you failed to fill in all the questions and signatures required. Could you please go over the document again and fill in what is required in as much detail as possible.

Moreover, I have now been asked to send through another form which deals with anti-terrorist financing measures. Western Union wants to make sure that I am not secretly funding individuals associated with terrorist activities. Kindly fill in that form too.

Regards

Step 10: Hello ...,

If the previous filled form is not enough to show that you are sending the money to me then tell western union they should go to hell. I am not filling any form again and if you cannot wire me the money with your authority, then forget about it. Already you do not want to send me the money. A friend sent me money yesterday through western union about $500 and I received successfully why you? SO forget it.

Step 11: Go to hell? It's been fun playing with you...
Alice Liddell
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL That was great, I loved it! 'My situation here is very intoxicating'...well, if you weren't drunk you would remember to hide your money! Oh, these lads are so funny with their English, sometimes I have to remember they are criminals and not comedians.

Don’t communicate to me anymore as I do not want to listen to your catholic stories- a lad

It seems to me that witches have targeted her breasts for destruction, through cancer- to a lad

I know that the internet has been grossly abused, but with due respect, trust and humility, I come to you with this proposal- random 419
Karl_Ranseier
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done!

Has the lad sent you a scanned filled form or just the answers?

rowIand 0bimdike: YOU MUST BE CRAZY AND MAD. GO TO HELL SON OF A BITCH LIKE YOU. DON'T EVER WRITE ME AGAIN. YOU THINK YOU CAN JOKE WITH ME. EVEN I DID NOT GO TO THE HOTEL. I JUST WROTE TO YOU THAT I WENT BUT I DIDN'T. I AM ON MY HOME. SO GO AND PICH UP YOUR ROUTHLESS MOTHER AT THE AIRPORT.
So you where not really at the hotel? Easter Egg 2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic