SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Possible Windows 7 Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Thrillcapsule
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just received this in my normal Junk Mail folder, it's Gmail so I can't get a source for it, but everything about it screams fake. Never seen a scam ask for PayPal payments, but saying that, I've not seen anywhere near the amount of scams a lot of members here have Razz

Anyone had this message and/or want to check it out?

Quote:

X-SID-PRA: [email protected]

X-SID-Result: Neutral

X-Message-Info: R00BdL5giqqFVRBHuyWhpKMi2qGnA22/yOgjo0w3JYnVCPUmrkpPX2ZY8dZ4LWa48s3P7FWG+gs0e6bVOzFhzyOYfdrf375f

Received: from mailgw5.mh.bbc.co.uk ([132.185.144.147]) by bay0-mc3-f33.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);

Fri, 1 Jan 2010 04:40:31 -0800

Received: from www7.telhc.bbc.co.uk (www7-cnt.telhc.bbc.co.uk [172.31.55.92])

by mailgw5.mh.bbc.co.uk (8.13.8/8.13.7) with ESMTP id o01CeURW010279

for <(censored)>; Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:40:30 GMT

Received: (from nobody@localhost)

by www7.telhc.bbc.co.uk (8.13.8+Sun/8.13.8/Submit) id o01CeUM4027456;

Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:40:30 GMT

Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:40:30 GMT

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

X-Authentication-Warning: www7.telhc.bbc.co.uk: nobody set sender to [email protected] using -f

Received: from 118.169.146.14 by www.bbc.co.uk with HTTP;

Fri, 01 Jan 2010 12:40:29 GMT

X-Mailer: cgiemail 1.6

(action="/cgi-bin/cgiemail/news24/newswatch.txt")

To: (censored)

Subject: Windows 7 Ultimate

Return-Path: [email protected]

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 01 Jan 2010 12:40:31.0936 (UTC) FILETIME=[9B2EDC00:01CA8ADF]

Email address: [email protected]

COMMENTS: Hello,

It has come to my attention that you might have an interest in purchasing the operating system Windows 7 Ultimate version.

I am selling Windows 7 Ultimate DVD --- the FULL Ultimate version.

This is not the retail version from the store shelf, but it is the one that Microsoft gives out at IT Professional Conference Meetings to Engineers and Sales Professionals who are invited to come to these meetings.

Since it does not have the "Activation" policy files attached to the disk,it was not sold to the public,instead it is used to promote their software which is a regular practice with Microsoft Corp.

It is not a beta version, trial version, pre-release or anything like that.Although this is a copied DVD and not an "official Microsoft disk" it works exactly the same,and has even more benefits since it has no activation files, it can be installed unlimited times on as many computers as you like which is a big plus!

The only down side to this is that there is no Web Based Support from MICROSOFT because it was not bought from them. This is the same with any preinstalled programs in a store-bought computer. Microsoft states on their website registration page for windows 7 that it is..."Completely Optional"

This Windows 7 version can be updated at any time via windows update(just the same as any retail version though, so that is no problem either.This is Windows 7 DVD. It is the full version, and as such it can be used to upgrade from an existing operating system and can be used to perform a "clean" installation on a blank hard drive. Windows 7, the next generation OS from Microsoft is now RTM. This DVD is bootable .

I'd be willing to sell it to you for a very low price of $40.-plus a small shipping & handling fee. If you include 64 BIT Windows 7 with it, I will include free shipping for a total of $60.- us dollars.You simply cannot beat this offer.

This would cost you $299.-plus tax in any store, or $600 for both items, and you can only install the store bought version on one computer.As I said there are not any limitations or restrictions with this type of version other than the web-based support, but who really needs that anyways? I don't.

If you want to purchase Windows 7 32Bit($40.-) or Windows 7 64 Bit $40..-) or BOTH PROGRAMS ($60.-) email me with your shipping address and inform me which item you want, and I will even send it in advance.

You will receive it in 4-8 business days (sent from outside the United States) and check it out for free to see if it is in perfect condition (just check out whether it is readable on your system or not) just open it up and see if your computer can read the files and if so then it will work with your system. Then email me back and let me know.

After I get your payment via an online-payment service such as PayPal which usually seems to work best for most people I will email you the code-number to install the programs .This is the best method to do this type of business online....

for all parties involved.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank You,

cc,

URL:

--------------------------------------------------

BROWSER:
VERSION:
BROWSER USER AGENT:
BROWSER CODE NAME:
IP ADDRESS:
UK IP ADDRESS:
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER VERSION:
REAL PLAYER VERSION:
MEDIA SELECTOR:
SERVER LOCATION:
EDITION:
FLASH PLAYER VERSION:

Thrillcapsule
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, curious... I sent her a reply from my usual baiting account and she replied back from a different account telling me she'd never sent a message to me.

So there's definitely something going on as she switched accounts to a completely different name, now a "Christina O1son", but I've never know a lad to turn down an offer like that despite the open interest. Probably careful of baiters.

Haban1336
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most probably they are selling counterfeit software. Forward this to Microsoft abuse team, they love to track down and shut down lads like this. Put Uncle Billy's lawyers to some good use

BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

https://reporting.bsa.org/

They said there's some reward for reporting. Not sure if anyone actually collected...

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
CountZero
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like BS to me, Microsoft does give out promo versions of Windows 7 (I have one as a matter of fact), but you still have to activate it. The "no support policy" is typically indicative of OEM or Promotional copies, and the price sounds like academic pricing... so either it's counterfeit, or he's selling academic copies to non students. The other possibility is he bought a Microsoft Action Pack Subscription or TechNet subscription and he's selling off the extra licenses. In any case, I'm sure there's an illegal angle to it.

JenniferQ
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Outlook junk mail filter is even turned on by default. It is not operating at its highest efficiency, though, by default. Here's how to correct this and get the most out of Outlook's anti-spam arsenal Laughing
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^

by getting spammers banned from 419eater Smile That's how to get the most out of the anti-spam arsenal Smile

Crocodile Dundee "You call that a LART? THIS is a LART" Smile

(LART = Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool, administered to spammers by admins by use of a clue-by-four or other appropriate weapon)

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
clue-by-four
One of my favorites! I use it quite a bit!

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic