SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone here use Plentyoffish???

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a RL account in Plenty of fish and as a rule it's been pretty good. Though this morning I think I may have gotten my first scammer. What concerns me is that it looks like she/he has hacked into an existing account.

I've reported all this, detailing the emails sent (and there's been heaps).

What I'm wondering is are the reports taken seriously? Or should I keep this account in mind for a possible mass bait. The owner has suddenly gone from a 43 yo in Melbourne to a 22 yo from France.

Chrys

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
gone from a 43 yo in Melbourne to a 22 yo from France

Now that is Magic !!!!!

I am a member of POF as I have never come across this before I have no idea what the policy is regarding this, by the nature of the site it is more than probable that there are going to be scammers.

Personally I have never met anyone just exchanged a few emails (honest !)

maybe someone else on here will know more (those that admit it ....lol)

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I can't speak for other dating sites, but on the one where I am staff member we take scammer reports very seriously. After all, having criminals on your site is very bad advertisement. If the admins are honest and a bit caring, they will look into it and take appropiate action.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
janeegrl
Master of Master Baiters

Location: Oueen of Dorkdom.. getting into thier hearts and wont let go

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i know for a fact there are scammers on that site. the "jenifer" used to use it for many months but I don't know if the site does anything about them.

"what do went me to do for you,do you went me to give you my blood for you to drink or my melt to eat,before you trust me ". hell ya

am having cold of love
your love keeps growing in me like a planted trees
i want you to do this for me in the seek of love
DOPNT LIE TOO ME
"then why are you sucking your self hun "
"you think you are God and you are not "
"you just dont worry i will show it to you,i like kissing from hend to your vagin i like kiss too much,i will show all to you" .....my kind of guy...
" never trust me hun "
"i no there is way when there is no way there way i no"

Closed lad accounts x4 Goat
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems they take scammers fairly seriously at POF.

There's NO reference to the account I was talking to last night any more, not even the emails he/she sent me.

That answered that question. Good thing (for my character) they're a bit slack at 4ppl.com (though all my new emails from scammers now go straight into spam, where I miss them for a month)

Chrys

"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"

"You are a dead meat!"

x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dateline UK is absolutely riddled with scammers; Vlads, 'cam girls', and premium rate phone girls.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Plenty of fish have their fair share of scammers like all dating sites, they used to be quite prolific there but perhaps they have cleaned up their act a bit.

As to reporting the scammers, i am not too sure how effective that is, the ones who have had a profile for a while tend to have their details listed, if they need to create themselves a new profile then their details will not be listed.

Leaving them or having them removed both have their benefits but I dont think it makes a huge difference either way

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Myuutsu Ichigorei
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Used to have a PoF profile, quit going there after I found out how notorious the site is for Driveby downloads, Malware, adware, keyloggers, Trojans and the like.

Other than that though from what I understand they are pretty good at killing off fraudsters using profiles to scam. I tend to think they (whoever is runnin the drivebys) are greedy Malicious software scammers that dont want to share or just dont want to become 419 notorious so they dont loose their own targets.
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Myuutsu

Wow, I've NEVER had any problems like those! I'm guessing they've cleaned up a bit since those days

"You are a dead meat!"

Myuutsu Ichigorei
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea Happened I think like late summer last Was on PoF for a while then decided to start playing WoW for the firsttime in a while after a few weeks off of PoF (got scam solicited Soon as I could tell it was a lad Ignored and since that was my only response on the site since i had started 3 months before I stopped going. ((why is it the only people who are interested on me on dating sites are GD Lads))

Anyways I start playing wow bout a month after stopping on PoF and boom account HaX0rD Next I gix things Had a long talk with Wow admins blah blah blah got stuff straitened out and THings go fine for months then Friend comes over First thing he does is grabs my compy and Logs onto his PoF...I hate friends who assume that your apartment is a darn commune.

SUre enough After he leaves I am playin wow like normal and I get auto logged out Log back in Cant I go into acct stuff change password It works for a while boom back again same problem I have my acct frozen again GO in fix the prob AGAIN. Haven't been back to PoF since haven't had the problem since.

So maybe its just a wow acct hacker drive by But it registered both times when I Removed it as a trojan with key logger properties. Fyi I asked my friend when he came back later if he had been having any probs with his wow acct HE said he canceled it cause it got hacked (back when He joined PoF coincidentally) and he couldn't log in.

So yea Whatever it has or had on it it hated WoW players I have always found that kinda funny.
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm guessing you could be right about it hating WoW players Wink . I've never played WoW and have never had any problems. But I'll keep it in mind if any of my friends have something similar happen to them.

Besides I've always preferred playing Half Life myself Cool

"You are a dead meat!"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic