SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone heard of Antonio Luca with phone number 44 7035900939

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
drms
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The reason I ask is a friend of mine met him on an online dating service and yes, after 2 weeks he had a business trip to Nigeria (!) and his son fell ill and stupidly, she sent him $3000 by WU. He still claims he's on his way back to Miami and gave the number above...I googled that number and it brought me to this site...
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds like a typical scam story, I am afraid that your friend is a victim of a scammer Sad. Do you have more info on the scammer? (e-mailadress, headers if possible?) I haven't heard of this Antonio Luca yet, I have heard of Antonio Lucas though, also as a scammer.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi DRMS

Welcome to 419Eater's Romance department

Sorry to say but it is definately a scam, the phone number you have provided comes up here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=827118#827118

Of note is that 4470 numbers are UK redirect phone numbers, while it appears the number is somebody in the UK, these numbers can be set up by anybody from anywhere and will redirect to the persons location which seems to be in Africa more often than not.

Everything you said is typical of a scammer's storyline and there is absolutely no doubt.

Please show your friend this thread and tell him to cease contact immediately, he should also be on the look out for other scams that will more than likely begin to target him including a money recovery scam.

Money recovery scams tell past victims that their scammer is in custody and that they can get their money returned, later in the scam fees will be required and the victims gets scammed a second time.

Our sister site www.scamwarners.com deals more directly with scam victims and has a great deal of information that will help him to firstly know without doubt that this is a scam but also to prevent him from losing more money.

These 2 links in particular will be helpful

Firstly some general advice on posting information in our forums (and I hope you do post lots of information to help other people to not be scammed) http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3561

And secondly this thread http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607 which has a great deal of information on how to spot a scammer

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and please do take a look at Scamwarners
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3561

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
drms
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
My friend who got scammed is "in love" with the guy she thinks she has been communicating with even though she KNOWS he scammed her and is asking for more money...I know, very sad but she is emotionally vulnerable after a painful divorce.
I'm sure the picture he posted is not really himself (an Italian) and all emails are coming from Nigeria. Do you suppose it's actually a Nigerian man doing all this? If I could show her some pics of the type of guys who do this, it may snap her out of this weird obsession/fantasy...
Thanks!
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have personally dealt with hundreds of love scam victims and I am also a moderator at Scamwarners, I have dealt with many cases like this and I am happy to try to help your friend to see the truth.

To do that I need information, as much as you can give me, I have given you lots of good links above which will help if you can get your friend to read them.

I am also happy to contact your friend to go over this and answer any questions as well.

Can you let me know what you have done so far and what you have shown and I will better be able to see what is needed

If you do visit Scamwarners
there is a Mod there by the name of Ralph who has an email address in his signature line

Contact him with anything you have

Adding
If you can send or post a picture we may be able to find something as well

Oh, I should mention, yes, there is no doubt it is a Nigerian

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
drms
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a pic of the guy that scammed my friend of $3000 claiming his son fell ill on a business trip. He claims he is a video documentary worker (or journalist/writer) and his wife died in childbirth. Says he lives in Miami. They met on an online dating service. Says he's very religious..He's still asking for money as he's "stranded" in London with his sick kid. Meanwhile his IP is still in Nigeria...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5414/luca11.jpg
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont recognise the picture and didn't get any hits with tineye or with scamdigger, what I did find however are similiar pictures used by scammers.

If you go to www.scamdigger.com and add the picture url to the url box, a few pictures will come up as near hits, none of them are the same person, but quite a few are similiar.

Given the email address of this scammer, I would have a great chance of finding some better proof for you to present to your friend and early emails will more than likely get me results as well.

Its way past my bed time now, but some time tomorrow I can look into anything you can provide

drms
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
Thanks for all your help so far! I will add the picture url to the site you mentioned. His email address is [email protected]
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, dmrs, and welcome to Eater! Very Happy

You might want to be aware that an American "stranded" anywhere need only contact the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. They will be helped - the USA doesn't like having its citizens stranded in foreign countries. If a person has lost their money or - particularly - their passport, the Embassy or Consulate will help tide them over until they can get home. (The money will of course have to be paid back.)

It's surprising how many Americans do not know this little bit of information. I can almost guarantee that if your friend were to insist her "boyfriend" contact the American Embassy he will fall all over himself coming up with reasons why the Embassy cannot or will not help him. Wink

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
drms
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5402

Same exact guy under different name...this will surely break the "spell" he has with my friend.

Thanks!!!!!
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Great news Drms

Please let us know how you are going at convincing her.

I notice you have joined Scamwarners, if your friend needs any more help or advice, please show her the site and in particular the links I pointed out above.

Either myself or The Enchantress will put together a profile in the next day or so to help alert others of this scammer.

If you do have anything to help, please send it on to Ralph or post it here

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have begun putting together a profile on this scammer here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3813 I will gather more information on him to add, if you have any information we do not please contact Ralph and I can include it in the profile

drms
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really appreciate all the wonderful work you are doing here! I know I have to let this go but I'm so angry at this scammer for stealing from my dear friend. Is it worth it to try to gain retribution? Even a nasty email would satisfy me or something he could actually be scared from...I'm just so angry!! If you tell me to let it go, I will but I would love to get back at him!
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@drms,

If you want to make the lad's life miserable, post his contact information and invite a mass-bait. I would advise baiters, however, to pile on slowly so as not to spook him.

And - if you want to take part in it yourself, drms, get yourself a shiny new anonymous email addy (IP-stripping, like gmail or hushmail, and with totally fake details), read the stickies, especially in the love/dating forum, ask for a mentor, and give him merry hell. Wink

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Good advise by Titania, but I would like to add that baiting someone where you have an emotional bond with can be heavy. I've done it once - never again. I've got very mad at one instance, and I believe the best baiting is done when you can shut off your emotions. So be prepared for some mails that will get under your skin.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent this pet an invite a couple of days ago, still no reply.

Drms, the best way to get back at him is to make his scamming as difficult as possible, you have already taken the first steps by making his scammimg persona public.

I will continue to gather and post his information in order to keep him from as many people as possible, if you see information I have missed in the thread I pointed out, please let me know.

As to anybody else interested in baiting him, please hold off for a week or so, I do need his script and i dont want him scared off by a sudden influx of new victims

Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow -- sorry to hear about your friend and a warm welcome to you.

This can be a very fun hobby...be careful, it shouldn't be done with too much anger....

I've gotten a couple off the cuff remarks that show just how the lad's brain works and why they think what they're doing is perfectly ok - and it pisses me off so bad, and I want to tell them they are a scammer and I am a baiter ... but you never let on that you know anything about baiting or scamming...

Let Murry do his magic and get everyone properly warned...that is the most important thing to do...

Maybe get one person to get their hook in them and other baiters could be added as friends, family, lawyers (you'll surely need lawyers - my current bait just got stuck with 2 lawyers)...

I really like the joint baits with all their plots & turns...keeps the lad in misery & confused

Twisted Evil

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic