SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nigerian gigolo

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tixen
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fortunately, I'm not a victim, rather an amused participant, but I'd like to warn others about this conman, someone Dicee Jon Duke as he calls himself, here is his MySpace profile http://www.myspace.com/456219616

He contacted me there with this message: "Hi, My name is Dicee Duke. i am single. i took this opportunity to go over your profile, because i found you attractive and fascinating. It will be my great lot to get to know you more. I just might wanna ask for "just" friendship. How lovely i'll feel to get your reply too soon. You may add me up over the messenger too so we can chat, my id is [email protected]. At least, we could chat sometimes and get to know each other. Do have a good day ahead. Regards, Dicee." No doubt it isn’t his real name or his real picture. Maybe he’s operating under several names, but I'm sure he uses more or less the same story because it’s well thought-out and he gives a lot of particulars about “his life”. He uses emails and Yahoo messenger id’s Dicee. Duke [email protected] and Dicee Duke [email protected], and phone numbers +44-703-597-3305 (UK) and +234-803-369-3636 (Nigeria).

He may tell you that he’s a petroleum marketer and give you some details of his work which may seem probable if you know nothing about this business. He told me he was born in Florida and moved to London when he was 8 years old, but his yahoo profile now says Schenectady, New York, that he had a 5-year-old daughter living with his younger sister in California and a lot of other impressive stuff.

At first he’ll be cautious, he’ll flatter you but won’t bombard you with outrageous compliments or confessions, so it’ll feel quite natural, but look out for little inconsistencies, like when he told me it was 6 pm in London when it was 7 pm. He’ll take his time and try to lead you into liking him and trusting him and, by his own expression, “to grow up his space in your soft and tender loving heart” by carefully watching your reaction and avoiding topics you seem to disagree with and emphasizing those you seem to enjoy. He isn’t such a bad psychologist, and it was a real and exciting pleasure to follow the thread of his scam. I must confess that, for all my suspicions (I find the possibility of a petroleum marketer chasing women on the net highly improbable), he managed to confuse me for a little while.

It was a funny game until he decided that he had me on his hook, and then he started making blunders. Either he lost caution or wanted to finish squeezing as soon as he could because I told him I was going to visit my friend in London (which is true). One of these blunders was a sudden increase of information meant to present him as a rich man in a large business, like Sheraton hotel he was staying in or details of his contract. Or an ardent confession of love and almost a proposal of marriage, or a strong and ridiculous opposition to the evolution theory which made me sure he was either a sectarian, or a Muslim and definitely not an educated Englishman (strangely enough, he seems to be quite religious). And he was oh so tender and loving, like a glass of lemonade with a soup ladle of sugar. But what betrayed him outright was his third picture “in my library” — yeah, with a typical photo studio black cloth on the background, a bottle of wine and a filled glass in his hand. “What were you drinking?” I asked. “Gray loos chandon... moets... not gray goose... it’s a moet and candon...” I laughed my head off — the bottle of this Gray Goose Chandon wasn’t even opened!

Well, at last it all came to its logical end: he asked for money. I didn’t understand a word of his explanation, it was probably all nonsense. Again he was very cautious and did a lot of humming and hawing. I politely refused, and my friends told me I should have promised him some money, say, maybe, that I’d sell my expensive flat in Moscow if we were to live together in London anyway, something to continue this game on his side of the field, but... I don’t have enough talent. I thanked him for a good laugh. But he’s not hiding, I still see him online in both his avatars.
So girls, if you search for information about your new admirer, I hope it helps.
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
703-597-3305 I think you'll find this is a cell phone

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tixen.

Welcome to 419Eater.

Cool

Please make sure that when conversing with scammers you are not using any personal or indentifiable information. We call it "safe baiting".

See this link for guidance and advice http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846#7

Quote:
+44-703-597-3305 (UK)

This phone number is a re-direct to a cell phone that can be anywhere in the World. Scammers like to use this service so that their victims think they are UK based.

Wink Twisted Evil

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

found him on my space, sent an "I'm interested" letter Smile

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Tixen
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I now understand that his UK cell phone was a redirect. Frankly speaking, at first I suspected him of being an ordinary womanizer trying to impress. I thought, "Did he really buy a Nigerian sim-card or something to make women believe he's in Nigeria for negotiations?" Only a couple minutes later it dawned on me he was never out of Nigeria.
MayDay
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you give headers of these emails from "Dude" Duke Very Happy

Every day, we are assaulted by stories of stupid people -- many of whom use their stupidity for personal gain. From time to time, though, we hear of those who strive to achieve new levels of stupidity
--------------------------------------------
^^^^Are you there God? It’s me, MayDay, I’m from Bank of America. I’ve just received this check endorsed to you and I’m going to need to verify your signature. Can you give me a social security number and date of birth, please?
Thank you God!
Redback
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a newbie and I need the practice, so I've sent off a note to say: "sorry to have been out of touch, I've had family problems and let me know if you're still interested"

@ Ivana: Have you had any luck with him?

@ Tixen: Thanks very much for this. If he writes back wondering who I am I can quote from your notes!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Redback wrote:

@ Tixen: Thanks very much for this. If he writes back wondering who
I am I can quote from your notes!

No don't connect yourself with anyone else.. He might just twig, that two people are having a go at him, and drop the lot of you.

Just thank him for his e-mail, then tell him that you deleted it in error,
but you hope he understands.. And that's why there was a delay in
replying, but you feel there might be some sort of connection between
the two of you. Then feed him some bullshit about wanting to be his
friend. And before you know it, YOU will be the love of his life.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic