SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Calling All Plant Experts.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not really an expert on garden plants nor am I a member of any Gardening forum but I know a few guys here are pretty clued up on the subject.
Can anyone tell me what this plant is?
It just appeared last summer. It was only a couple of inches high but in the last few weeks has exploded into life and is now about 3 feet high.
My mum thinks it might be Deadly Nightshade, but I'm not too sure. None of the photos I can find on the net seem to be conclusive.
Any ideas?

Leaves are a different shape at the base:

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with your mum, but I no expert. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a euphorbia, though which one I don't know as there are hundreds (well dozens at least)
Something like this one, though it's not quite the same.

Hmm, could be that one, here's another pic

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SOO if you confirm it is a euphorbium take great care removing or cutting it because some varieties are highly poisonous. And no nibbling on the leaves!

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say you're right BB.
After a bit of searching, it looks like Euphorbia lathyris.

I've dug the bastard up and binned it.

edit. I didn't see your edit BB. So we're both in agreement. Wink

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, its a euphorbia alright. We get loads of them in our garden and allotment. Very pretty, with yellow and bright green bracts and flowers over a darker green body, but overwhelms the border and then falls over. In sunny conditions it will exceed five feet in height and almost that in width, then the wind knocks it down. Those heads that have opened and split into two keep repeating that trick several more times. In shade it is more manageable.

Since it is a euphorbia the sap can cause burning, although I've not noticed any myself. (I have been careful to wash my hands.) The Poinsettia is a euphorbia too, so it isn't something to get paranoid over. Having said that, if there is a young child around it may be a good idea to dig it up before it seeds, because the scattered seeds are just the right size to be interesting, and are probably poisonous.

It does look like the Lathyris. Thanks for that; I've not been able to identify it myself.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eeek! I've got those! I moved into a new house and these cute little plants started appearing. And now they've turned into triffids. I've been pulling them up by the roots and breaking them up. And then having another sweet/candy to pass the time.

I feel all poisoned now.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Can anyone tell me what this plant is?
Green. Yep, definitely green. And knowing SOOI I'd also venture to say possibly endangered.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic