SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I think I'm being baited by MG!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dos Equis
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

...or so it seems.

I think we have all had those baiting life meets RL situations, and I have even read a few on this site, anyway, here's mine.

I sent our application to become an agent for MG in mid-January, it is now the beginning of April and we still don't have MG at our business.

The summary:

I had MG in a previous store that I owned. We got approved and had it up and running within about 3 weeks. So when I opened a new business, I figured that I would have MG again.

I called MG for an application and was contacted by my area rep. He told me that they have streamlined the application process to make it quicker. Rolling Eyes

I filled out the initial application, returned it. About a week later I got a 50-60 page application, filled it out and returned it.

The bait continues:

I got a phone call from my rep telling me that they can't accept the copy of the EIN (FED business tax #, for those of you outside the US.) because it only had MY name. Since we are a partnership, the document must have both names. The EIN app only asked me for one general partner. Anyway, once MG has proof of our partnership, they will then be able to set us up. He said I could send in a letter from our bank in our conversation, which I sent in.

I got a call a few days later from Mr. Rep telling me that MG didn't accept the document and that I needed something else. So, he agreed I could use our partnership agreement. Which I scanned and sent to him.

About a week goes by and I don't hear anything from him, so I call. Mr. Rep told me that everything had been accepted and he should know my account # etc. by Tues (March 10).

I get a phone call on the 12th or 13th from Mr. Rep telling me that my partner's ID had expired, and he needed to send in one that hadn't expired. A copy had been sent in with the original application which had been accepted only waiting of proof of partnership by mid-February. They are just now noticing it in the middle of March? So, as I was out of state, I had to rely on my partner to use the fax machine to fax him a copy. Which he swears he did.

I got back in town on the 23rd, and hadn't heard from Mr. Rep since the 12th/13th, so I gave him a call. Nope, never received it. So, my partner decides to join in on the bait and make me wait an additional 2-3 day for access to his unexpired ID. Again, before I faxed it, Mr. Rep assured me that access to the wonderful secret society agent account was just 11 numbers and a send button away.

Having not heard from Mr. Rep within a day or two, I called him to verify that he had received it. Well, he had, but it wasn't clear. I needed to resend it. This time I decided to go with a scan and an e-mail.

So now it's April and I am still waiting to become a MG agent, Mr. Rep hasn't called me to let me know whether or not the new ID has been accepted or even received for that matter.

This whole situation reminds me of the first week or so of most of my baits. The difference in this case is that MG is in control, and I must be the alleged scammer. But I vow that if Mr. Rep asks for one more document I am going to send him a huge dll file. Would that make me a badger?
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who or what is MG

Clueless and hopeless as always, Confused Confused

OK so I don't get out much. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
mrsgrossman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Money Gram? It took me all day of wracking my brain to think of something it could stand for. Not really sure though Confused
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought for a moment that I was being accused of something Confused

Carry on Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did, too Surprised April 1st.

[/end of off-topic]

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Image?

Fight My Brute
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dos Equis: Have you been asked to get "MG is for lovers" tattooed on your lower back? Or to build a downhill cart and drive it with a fruit helmet? These are symptoms of baiting (otherwise known as hymenitis).

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
Dos Equis
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it stands for Money Gram. Sorry, I thought that the majority here had MG implanted in their brains as Money Gram.

And no, I haven't been asked to do any tricks yet.

But I did call my rep again yesterday after I vented here, and he didn't answer the phone, nor did he return my call. Maybe he is over in the main forum trying to get some ideas on how to torture me some more.

I guess no one having a clue of who I was talking about killed the humor I was trying to share in the situation. Now we know why I don't post often.
Sid Vicious
Master Baiter

Location: The medicine cabinet woofing down @ load of Paracetemols ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check what i got in my Catcher just now

Hello,
My name is Jamin Stocker, I work for Moneygram company, I work with the technical director here at headquaters. I would like to make a proposal to you, but if you would do this with me, you need to be 100% honest with me. Here's the deal; I have the ability to change the figure of any moneygram transaction, I can increase the money to be received. All I need from you is to make a moneygram transaction to any of your friend/relative who lives in another city to you, then get back to me for further instructions before giving the details to your friend/ relative. We would share the added amount 50 50, we can only have many transactions in a month. This is 100% risk free as I would delete the transaction history immediately we complete a transaction. Let me know if you are ready, then we can start immediately, it is a day transaction.
Regards
Jamin

IP says Sunnyvale CA - That rings a bell but i cant remember.. Badger or Baiter? Or just a Scam i have not seen before.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sid Vicious wrote:
IP says Sunnyvale CA - That rings a bell but i cant remember.. Badger or Baiter? Or just a Scam i have not seen before.

.I'm informed by people far more versed in this then I, that Sunnyvale will always show on an IP, when it's a Yahoo address. Apparently Yahoo's head office is in Sunnyvale CA

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sunnyvale is indeed yahoo's headquarters.

That is a newish scam but I have seen it before. Basically you will be told to MG $50 so the scammer can turn it into $500 (or some other number, you get the point). Of course if you really MG the $50, it will be picked up before you blink and that's the end of it. It's not like you can go to Moneygram and complain -- "I was trying to steal from you and my accomplice stole my money and now I want you to give it back to me..."

Master Baiter

Location: The medicine cabinet woofing down @ load of Paracetemols ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ & ^^ Thank you guys that explains why i had thought it rang a bell.. *note to self, read the right bloody line*

cheers sid

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[CLUNK CLICK ]</a>
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic