SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Here's your sign...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's your sign...

Quote:
Posted on Thu, Jan. 22, 2009

Fort Worth woman says friend took winning scratch-off lottery ticket and didn’t return it

By DEANNA BOYD, Fort Worth Star-Telegram

FORT WORTH — A Fort Worth woman says her gamble in letting a friend take her winning $20,000 lottery ticket to a store to verify whether it was a winner apparently didn’t pay off.

Nancy Charlez, 34, filed a police report Tuesday, saying her friend returned empty-handed. Her friend said a man in a pickup took the unsigned "Lucky Dice" ticket from her and said it was "no good," the report claims.

Police are investigating the alleged scratch-off rip-off.

Bobby Heith, a spokesman with the Texas Lottery Commission, said he could not comment on whether anyone had tried to cash the ticket but said the agency is assisting Fort Worth police in the investigation.

Charlez, a stay-at-home mother of four, said she would have used the winnings to help bring her family out of the red. She said her husband is a roofer, and the work is not always steady.

"Right now we’re behind on everything. We’re behind on our bills. We’re behind on our rent," Charlez said. "Honestly I would have used that money to catch myself up. I’m not the type of person who spends money to spend money. That would have helped me a lot."

Charlez said she had taken her sick twin 3-month-old daughters to the Cook Children’s Medical Center clinic on Jacksboro Highway on Tuesday evening.

She said her friend, who had been hanging out at her house Tuesday, had offered to help with the babies and Charlez’s two other children, a 9-year-old daughter and 7-year-old boy.

While waiting to see the doctor, Charlez said she pulled out three $2 scratch-off lottery tickets from her daughters’ diaper bag. She had bought them the afternoon before at a mini-mart near her house.

The first was a loser.

The second, a Lucky Dice Doubler ticket, revealed a 3 and 4, adding up to the needed winning combination of 7. The numbers were followed by "$20,000."

"At first when I scratched it off, I didn’t believe it," Charlez said. Amanda Alvarado, a receptionist at the clinic, said she was among several employees to whom Charlez showed the ticket to get other opinions.

"She said, 'Is this right?’ " Alvarado said. "I looked at it and said, 'You won!’ "

"I think we were more excited than she was," Alvarado said, laughing. "We were like, 'No way! Oh my God!’ "

Charlez said her friend offered to take the ticket to the nearby Texaco Grab and Go Service Station at 2616 Jacksboro Highway.

"She asked me if I wanted her to take the ticket to the Texaco to see if it was a good ticket," Charlez said. "At the moment I didn’t have my mind on the lottery ticket. I had my mind on my daughters, so I just went ahead and gave it to her."

Charlez said the friend returned without the ticket, claiming a man in a white pickup had taken it from her.

Charlez said she told her friend to go back to the store and get her ticket back. She said the friend returned and said the man had already left.

"It’s a bunch of bull corn," Charlez said.

Charlez said she then went to the Texaco, where the clerk confirmed that the ticket was legitimate. She said she questioned her friend again and became suspicious after the friend told her that time that the man was in a red pickup.

Dambar Bohara, a cashier at the Texaco, confirmed Wednesday that the ticket the friend had asked him to check on his computer was a winner.

"I told her, 'You won $20,000!’ " Bohara said.

Bohara said the woman was talking on her cellphone at the time and remarked, "That’s not my ticket. That’s somebody else’s."

He said he gave the ticket back to the woman, instructing her to call lottery officials to arrange to get her winnings. He said the woman walked out of the store.

Bohara said that a male customer was at the counter but that he never saw the woman give the ticket to him or anyone else inside the store. He said he lost sight of the woman in the parking lot.

Less than an hour later, Bohara said, a frantic Charlez came to inquire about the ticket.

"She just told me, 'That’s my ticket. Somebody took it. How do I get my money? Let me prove that’s my ticket,’ " Bohara said.

"She looked furious," Bohara added. "Like she lost everything."

The friend, who is not being named because of the police investigation, could not be reached for comment Wednesday. Heith said people who win scratch-off lottery tickets should immediately sign the back of the card to ensure that only they will collect the winnings. Lost or stolen winning tickets should be immediately reported to local police and the Texas Lottery Commission, he said.

"Hypothetically speaking, if a person finds a ticket that has not been signed, and it is a winning ticket, they can claim the prize if it has not been reported to the local authorities or the Texas Lottery Commission as lost or stolen," he said.

If the unsigned ticket has been reported to authorities, as in Charlez’s case, and a person tries to claim it, Heith said, the prize would not be paid until after an investigation. He said local authorities or the court system would determine the rightful owner.

Charlez is not hopeful she’ll ever see her winnings.

"There’s probably nothing I could do about it, but if I could stop somebody from cashing it, that’s something," she said.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, ^^ too much of those thingies that form words. I'm not going to read all that. Can you give me a synthesis ?

Fight My Brute
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Synopsis (long)
    Woman has four kids and is behind with all bills
    Woman buys lottery ticket
    Woman thinks she wins $20,000
    Woman gives ticket to "friend" to have it checked
    (Woman is thinking of her sick kid at the time)
    "Friend" claims "a man" told her ticket was no good and took it. Honest. No, really. Rolling Eyes
    Woman is reconsidering definition of friendship
    Police are investigating
    4000 people in USA are looking for Woman as they have a real sweet deal on a bridge she might be interested in

Synopsis (short)
    Lottery winner stupid enough to trust someone with her ticket and loses winnings.

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
is behind with all bills

Is our Bill2 there too, I am shocked!

He seems such a gentleman.

Rolling Eyes

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Texas Lottery Commission, he said.

Oh joy! The lottery is being run by a bunch of red-neck hicks! :
roll:

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The guy who stole the lottery ticket was a Nigerian wizard who turned into a goat
and ate the ticket.

Gave the wizard more power as a "lotto lad".

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic