SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

is she being scammed?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
swappingnames
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhJ1f5o40cU_PB4YvkqYc0HD7BR.;_ylv=3?qid=20081214185405AArIYgM

Quote:
Whats he deal with nigerian men? Why so many bad rumors?

I meet a guy this summer that's half nigerian and Jamaican. We meet online and chatted off and on about 2 months before we meet. Well since then we have been seeing each other consistently for about 3 months and I have been hearing alot of bad things since we have been getting closer. Since we really started seeing each other he would tell me all things he wants to do with and for me and how he needs to get his life together befcom mittsommitts to me. He has been pretty consistant with coming around and how he treats me. He asked me for something once because he was in a bad sitution and I said no and that was back about a month ago and nothing changed with us. If anything hes always talking about what he can do to make more money to take care of me. Last night he told me he wanted to finally be together and that hes falling for me. All this came about after I had my ex over one night and he got a little jealous and wouldnt talk to me for days. I really care about him and he seems to care about me too but Im scared to let my guard down because I heard about nigerian men scamming women and taking their money. Has anyone heard of any good experiences? Why are they labeled as bad?

Additional Details

I haven't given him a dime and I have known him since June. We have be seeing each other regularlly since october. He asked for something once and I said no. I gave him some websites and infomation for a better job and have been helping him look. Hes told me of his problem and I just offer sugestions and tell him to pray on it.

Im also a single mother with 2 kids and not divorced yet and no child support. He knows I dont have money trust me on that and my kids are first in my life and he also knows Im not weak minded.
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not all scammers are nigerian and not all nigerians are scammers-without more info it'll be hard to tell. It may be worth while for her to google his name, phone number and email address and any other info she has.

Love scammers tend to be patient before they ask for things and six months of non asking is not uncommon, he may ask again in the future and may have learnt from the small knock back he got.

She may also want to run his email headers so she knows he is where he says he is etc.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the poster says:
Quote:
Well since then we have been seeing each other consistently for about 3 months

Does she mean seeing online or in real life? She really doesn't give enough information to determine if it's a scam. Love scammers can take months before asking for money (for various reasons), or checks to be cashed etc.
It would be good to find out where she met him, the name he is using, profile pictures, where does he say he is located, the ip address etc.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are decent, genuine, caring, honest Nigerians even though sites like this may make that seem unlikely.

That said, I wouldn't trust one in this situation, but there are plenty of other nationalities for whom I would harbour an equally deep distrust.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sarah221,

I SEE RED FLAGS LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
We meet online and chatted off and on about 2 months before we meet. Well since then we have been seeing each other consistently for about 3 months Since we really started seeing each other He has been pretty consistant with coming around

Snippping those bits together points to him being local to the potential victim. They have been seeing each other so he doesn't live far away.

This is a difficult one, could be a very patient 'Lad' who is eventually hoping to get her money, but equally the lady is of a strong mind and has resisted so far, hopefully she'll not be worn down and he is really interested in the relationship and not her money.

Only time will tell.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
spot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the link for that post in Yahoo Questions doesn't seem to work for me.

In any case this seems to me pretty pointless as the Yahoo poster isn't reading this to clarify our points and questions, and as others here may have already said, any kind of on-line romance (real or scam) can take months to develop.

Did I miss any of the classic scam signals in the original post ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic