SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lori Drew verdict and scambaiting

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Firbuz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just read this analysis of the EFF’s amicus brief in the cyber-bullying case U.S. v. Lori Drew. Are we (theoretically) vulnerable to prosecution?

Not likely that Chucky Soludo will traipse over to the States and press charges, but someone like the Houston Mule might—especially if we get her convicted and she finds herself with nothing to do but file papers with court.

Closed lad accounts×14 United Kingdom United States
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly she has to find out who we really are and as we use pseudonyms that could prove difficult. I suppose the courts could theoretically order Rover to turn over peoples IP's and then get a judge to order the various ISP's to turn over who was using which IP when. But if you have an open wifi connection then it could be anybody logging on through it. And of course it would be difficult for them to order any non-USA ISP to hand over any details so any non States based baiters should be safe.
Theoretically maybe, possible? no.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So now a business contract can possess the same power of law eh? That ruling has so many holes in it, I'm surprised it carries any buoyancy whatsoever. I think that regarding the circumstances of the ruling, it won't be that concrete thankfully for us. For the US authorities to even know that a scammer is in correspondence with a scambaiter and would want to press charges, he would most likely have his email account subject to subpoena and with that, he will most likely be indicted on fraud charges himself. It has been time tested in the baiting community that a scammer would never have the gnads to go and get help from authorities (outside of the usual bribe). If he did, it must have been out of stupidity. Also, the only reason why this lady was sent to jail is because of the wrongful death clause in the law; if one's actions lead to the death of another, that person is responsible. For more info on that one, here's a Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_death

In summary, the only reason why Lori Drew was convicted was because her actions caused the wrongful death of Megan Meier (Although really, I don't believe anyone can actually "cause" someone to commit suicide, but I'll save that for another rant) even though they didn't convict her precisely of that. If the authorities would shut us down, they would have done it years ago. I'm positive the FBI Fraud division has a tab on this site and they haven't done anything thus far. Besides, we can't be convicted for anything until they make a law that decrees that the conduct here is illegal.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic