SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Persistent Craigslist Scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lee Buckley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thought I'd share this. Usually I just ignore these emails, but this idiot responded to 7 of our car for sale ads and I just got sick of him.

Persistent Craigslist Ad Scammer

Cody Tristan <[email protected]> to sale-7XXX338

Jun 22 Subject: Re: 1984 FORD F150 WORK TRUCK - $700 (Chula Vista)

am interested in this particular item,let me know if its still for sale & send me pix .Cody
------------------------------

On 6/24/08, *used car lot* @gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, it is still for sale. There are pictures posted on the ad.
--------------------------------

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Cody Tristan <[email protected]> wrote:

Am interested but will not be available for the pick-up due to nature of my job, so i engage the services of a mover whom will come for the pick up of the item on my behalf.I'll send a check via my bank to cover the cost of the item,I will need the details of whom & where to mail the check.It will be delivered by the United Parcel Service within 2-3 days. Please note that 'UPS' do not deliver to P.O.Box addresses, so i will need the following informations:

1.Name to be on the check
2.Home address
3.Telephone .

Kindly delete the posting as am totally committed to buying from you to save me cost. send me an email for fast response,Regards
Cody Tristan.
-------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: 1984 FORD F150 WORK TRUCK - $700 (Chula Vista)
To: Cody Tristan [email protected]

Dear Sir:

I am interested in knowing how your mover plans to get this truck all the way to you in Nigeria? Does he plan to drive it? Because gas is very expensive right now. Also this will involve crossing the Atlantic Ocean, and I do not know whether the truck will stay afloat long enough to successfully make the trip.

--------------------------------------------

Cody Tristan <[email protected]> Jun 22

Pop-up Camping Trailer (2 available) - $500 (Chula Vista ) craigslist

am intErested in this particular item,let me know if its still for sale & send me pix .Cody
this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]
----------------------------------------

*edited used car lot* to ctristan00000 Jun 23

Please call the telephone number posted in the ad.
------------------------------------------

Cody Tristan to me Jun 23

Am interested but will not be available for the pick-up due to nature of my job, so i engage the services of a mover whom will come for the pick up of the item on my behalf.I'll send a check via my bank to cover the cost of the item,I will need the details of whom & where to mail the check.It will be delivered by the United Parcel Service within 2-3 days. Please note that 'UPS' do not deliver to P.O.Box addresses, so i will need the following informations:

2.Home address
3.Telephone .

Kindly delete the posting as am totally committed to buying from you to save me cost. send me an email for fast response,Regards
Cody Tristan.
-----------------------------------------------

*edited used car lot* to Cody Jun 24

Sir,

I guess you want to move these trailers a long way, since you are emailing me from Nigeria?

-----------------------------------------------------

Cody Tristan <[email protected]> to saleXXX Jun 22

1995 Ford Taurus - $900 (Chula Vista) craigslist
am interested in this particular item,let me know if its still for sale & send me pix .Cody
this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]
---------------------------------------------

*edited used car lot* to ctristan00000 Jun 25
Yes it is available.
-----------------------------------------------

Cody Tristan to me Jun 25

2.Home address
3.Telephone .

Cody Tristan.
---------------------------------------------------

*Edited used car lot* to Cody Jun 25

Dear Sir:

So you want to buy this car, the Ford Truck and the two trailers also, correct? I assume that your movers are planning to drive both vehicles over to you in Nigeria, and need the trailers to sleep in at night since the drive is going to take several days?
- Show quoted text -
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm guessing that he has some of your real life details if so i'd recommend you stop pulling his chain.

Pull up a chair-read the stickies (twice), learn how to bait safe, consider getting a mentor and attending Eater University.

In future the best thing to do if you get scammers responding to 'real' ads you place either ignore them or email them and tell them it sold locally and for cash. That may be an idea for ads you place-local buyers only-that's what i put on CL ads.

Lastly if you want to see where his emails come from then try this...
Quote:
If you want to find out where his email comes from then have a read here how to find headers, then copy and paste the header into this http://headertool.apelord.com/

After that take the last (bottom) number and put it in here http://www.ip-adress.com/ipaddresstolocation/

^^^That doesn't work on emails sent from gmail, hushmail and fastmail-they strip the IP information.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic