SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fighting Fire with Fire - Your thoughts?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ihatescammerers
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey peeps

I realise I am a new member and none of you know shit about me as such - one or two know a couple of things others are not privey to as yet but that is another story.

I would like to know what you all feel about fighting fire with fire when it comes to email, forum and blog spammers.

So saying I am assuming most members know what MLM is - but how many of you know what EMM is and have you considered using it on scambaits forum spammers and the likes?

What I mean is there is a system that the EMM marketers use that utilises autoresponders in a rather crafty way that could well be put to use for linkbaits you lost or just to set up spammers that are very obvious and give about as much for you and your time etc as they do for you and your's welfare.

Anyone any thoughts?

Do you understand what I am getting at?

Last edited by ihatescammerers on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ihatescammerers wrote:

No.

What is EMM when it's at home?

Are you discussing phishing tools / mailbombing / viruses or similar skulduggery here? If so, I hear rattling keys.... we're above that. Confused

(Edited to add more dodgy modalities)

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris

Last edited by Mugatu on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what EMM is but it sounds like you are contemplating hitting a scammer with it as some sort of "revenge".

We discourage that, as we also discourage spamming and mailbombing. The lad will simply move on to a new box, and in the long run you haven't accomplished squat.

The best way to torment a lad is to bait him. Get him on the hook and keep him there, and try to make it last as long as you can.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
ihatescammerers
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EMM is "Exact Method Marketing" Mugatu

It is the use of autoresponders to send follow up emails

So lets say a baiter lost a lad they could set up a series of auto responder messages to keep emailing time wasting crud to said scammer just in order to keep wasting their time one - two - three years into the future or more.

Of course I have even considered really fighting fire with fire and making the unsubscibe link in said emails just make things even worse just like some of the more canny on these scammers do but again that is another story and could be a key rattler.

Last edited by ihatescammerers on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ihatescammerers wrote:

I think I do.

Do you mean flooding their email addys with spam? Not a very good idea, they will simply close that email addy and open a new one. It would be especially damaging to our cause if LE was working on a case against a specific email addy, and it was suddenly closed.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Freak

It is along those lines of keeping a scammer baited - it just involves using auto responders and timed mails to bait using the same methods used in the EMM game which is like an exact science version of MLM but in email form

Last edited by ihatescammerers on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ihatescammerers
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Feak

Well no although that is of course pssoble I was thinking more along the lines of using the EMM way of thinking for scambaiting purposes

So you could in most cases anticipate an answer and have a autoresponde message set up ready to deal with/respond
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, you're talking about a sort of "Auto baiting". I think I see now. I'd never really thought about it.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

should this thread have a poll, as i havent got
a clue to what on earth EMM and MLM are too.

we deal with scammers not spammers here.
havent we got enough to be getting on with????

edit...now i look a prat for taking the time to make coffee!!!
please ignore this post now as its been answered

Embarassed Embarassed

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com

Last edited by remmy223 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ihatescammerers wrote:
Pastor Freak

Ouch!

Are you talking about an autobaiter?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

remy

MLM is = Multi Level Marketing - EG Pyramid selling - it is how gangs in some cases make money using affiliate prgrams and by abusing Google PR (PageRank TM)

EMM is - Exact Method Marketing it is a marketing method used to extract money from people by using tried and tested wording and phrases containing "call to action" words that in a percentage of cases result in a purchase.

These methods given the broad knowledge range here on 419eater could be utilised to "as another poster said" be used as an autobaiter.

Further to that a clever use of "titles" in response attributes as directives for the auto responders to deliver the relevant response mails could also be incorporated into such a systems

remy223 - A poll - why - with what choices?

Please note I am not advocating MLM or EMM just pointing out some of their methods you may not have known about and possible/probable adaptations you may or may not like to contemplate/think about

Please also note I am also not advocating mail bombing.

remy223

I find I look a prat a lot - it is the so called stupid questions that help and we should get used to asking though me thinks

Last edited by ihatescammerers on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I give up, this is way over my head.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank

I do not know if that is a good or bad thing!

You giving up and it being way over yor head - I mean.
I say this as the methods used by most scammers and spammers incuding all the bank transfer scams contain these "call to action" words that either pull at the heart strings or compel with something attractive

there is a very thin line between ethical wording and downright disgusting word usage that mean knowing about MLM and EMM with regard to scambaiting and what is and is not possible you way just want to follow so you can say "Oh I see - this is not way over my head!"

I hope other members will help me to make sure that you understand this enough to at least know the aspects I have seen that are decidedly dodgy
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I'm just a simple straight baiter that extracts an occasional trophy. I am just being honest in the fact that I really do not understand what you are getting at, no insult intended.

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Confused

I thought only computer geeks spoke a language that sounds like English but somehow isn't.

Now I see that marketing people do it, too.

Confused

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Auto baiting is fine; there are several folks have tinkered with this.

These target lads, though. Forum spammers are just banned here, and we don't have problems with that, and most email spam is just deleted by most of the users here, since it is pointless to mess with those.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
ihatescammerers
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Autobatings is fine

care to elaborate and discuss "title" attributes Tsnerd?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
care to elaborate and discuss "title" attributes Tsnerd?

I could, or at least steer you to the right people...but I'm not sure what you're asking.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^IHS

there was a slight hint of wit in my sarcasm when i asked for a poll.
ie we have three choices
1 do we use MLM
2 do we use EMM
3 does anyone understand either

Very Happy

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@IHS Have you used EMM yourself for baiting ? If it is effective we can all use it as a tool , and i think what you mean with EMM but i have my doubts it will work .

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use gmail that allows you to set up a one level auto-responder and, as I operate it on my 'catcher' account, it hits Lads in the way you describe.

I have also set up templates to use for mass baiting, which again is a way of baiting without thinking or effort. I consider that the benefit is that I can annoy and irritate the majority of Lads and also snag those who show themselves to be up for more fun, though by amending the script I use, I can change what effect I get.

At one stage in the Mass Lotto Lad baiting thread some baiters were using multiple gmail accounts with auto-responders to bamboozle and confuse Lads without much effort.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gomer:

At one point I was using 3 gmail accounts to extract bank details. I would send out mass e-mail to the lads from account 1 with the reply to set for account 2, account 2 would auto respond with the request for the bank info and have reply to set to account 3, account 3 would make a more firm request for the account. Then I'd drop them if I did not get the account. I got quite a few that way.

I think this is along the lines of what the OP is talking about.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
ihatescammerers
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah so it has been tried.

If there are standard scambaits that nearly always go the same way it would not be too difficult to set up autoresponders in a very similar way to how the EMM marketers use it.

It's all just a matter of making sure the emails respond to things correctly and have the desired effect.

I am just thinking of ways to save time

The use of autoresponders set up properly using forms and attributes of the forms to send out the correct responses though to set up initially would take some time to get right in the long term it could be used as a template for many scambaits. Which would then save people quite a bit of time.

Would take a bit of fine tuning of course.
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IHS. While all members of 419eater describe their activities here as altruistic, to waste scammer's time and keep the world safe for internet fraud innocents, the truth is slightly different.

Most of us scambaiters also like to get a little fun out of baiting these bastards. Making them try to respond to unusual requests, or come up with plausible responses to out of the normal situations, not only wastes their time but with a little creativity can make a bait worth publishing for the enjoyment of others.

(Then there are those truely selfless individuals who spend 24 hours a day closing fake bank websites. But that's another story.)

I see the problem with autobaiting is that once the situation gets out of the scammer's control and he feels that his e-mail address has become compromised, then he'll just abandon it and open another yahoo or hotmail account. Now if someone else has this particular scammer in the thralls of an incredibly intricate bait - there is the chance that they'll lose him in the change of e-mail addresses.

I do recall some members using autobaiters, but these seemed to be along the lines of just how long the scammer would keep answering the silliest questions. The ability of the autobaiters to keep the scammers in contact for ten or so exchanges of e-mails did reinforce the overwhelming belief here that the lads are generally a sandwich short of a picnic - or just so greedy that they'll answer anything.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic